Hate the colors of this Forum site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate the colors of this Forum site

Okay its been bothering me. Ive been looking at other sites and yeah i hate the colors. The black makes me strain my eyes. I wish the whole site was a nice light gray color with white or something like other forums ive been so.

Its soo boring i dunno

Just my opinion.. Can we make it like that and see how people like it steve?

I would be interested in seeing something different, maybe a little brighter. But not blue or grey, all the other sites have that.
    -Jay

Comment

i like the colors. not hard to see at all IMO

Comment

other members seem to have other opinions.

only the best run black backgrounds
        Last edited by uncle_el; 10-31-2004, 03:28 PM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

you are welcome to leave, lol
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I talked to Steve about this.. if he upgrades to a newer version.. one where it has quick reply and a few more options.. you are able to make color schemes and choose from them.

He could leave this as the default one, but the user could switch between their likings of the schemes.

I think thats a good idea, because quick reply would really add to this place.. and having users choose their own layout (that steve makes up) would make it a lot better in my opinion.

I don't mind the colors, but I would rather have a grey background or blue font like the one that uncel_el posted
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

bleh, i like the colors personally... unique from the other typical forum schemes...

i don't understand how it's hard for you to see? the contrast is perfect for readability... light text on a dark background.

everyone has their own opinions... if i were to take a poll, everyone would want a different color scheme in one way or another. this isn't something that's easy to tailor to everyone's liking.

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                I talked to Steve about this.. if he upgrades to a newer version.. one where it has quick reply and a few more options.. you are able to make color schemes and choose from them.

He could leave this as the default one, but the user could switch between their likings of the schemes.

I think thats a good idea, because quick reply would really add to this place.. and having users choose their own layout (that steve makes up) would make it a lot better in my opinion.

That would be sweet. Steve upgrade! lol

Comment

Once you go black, you never go back!

I like it myself. I'm tired of the same ol' board appearance. Sometimes I don't know if I'm on hondahookup.com or automotiveforums.com (both are full of idiots, so it really doesn't matter.)

No board I go on has a scheme that looks like this!

It would be cool to upgrade and have a few schemes to select from. However, I'm sure an upgrade isn't free, and Steve (like most of us) is NOT a rich man! He has other things to spend money on, like his car. This board comes out of his pocket as it is. It's not terribly expensive, but it's still money that he's paying that NONE of us are helping out with!

Steve, I say you should look into an upgrade. If it's a one-time cost to do it, I think we should have a donation drive. A couple bucks via PayPal would cover the cost easily, and if people want a new look so badly, I'm sure they'd help out! If it's a recurring cost, then I say we stick to the black. No one wants to pay a membership fee...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Steve, I say you should look into an upgrade. If it's a one-time cost to do it, I think we should have a donation drive. A couple bucks via PayPal would cover the cost easily, and if people want a new look so badly, I'm sure they'd help out! If it's a recurring cost, then I say we stick to the black. No one wants to pay a membership fee...
                    sounds good to me.

i'll check into the upgrades available today.

Comment

i dont understand why people say they cant read this site, either they have a totally crappy monitor or its set to super dim or someone is totally blind... because white on black is as contrasty and visible as absolutely possible.

i find it super easy to see, read, navigate... i love the colors. links are still super clear, but a distinct color so it isnt confused with regular text...

an upgrade is steves choice, but i think these colors are great.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Upgrades are free as long as he still has his license number and can log in to vbulletein.com.

You can choose from ALL the versions. 3.0.1 was the best in my opinion. Before all those *** features were added.

I don't like the red, but hey I like the people and the help provided here so it's definitely worth it.
                        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I would love to see a different color scheme. I know I'd definately be down to help pay for it too!
                          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I like the color scheme

Comment

id give 5 bucks to help!

Comment

Working...
                              X