is this possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this possible

I have a set of computer speakers, and a subwoofer for it. would it be possible to wire it up to my car stereo?

Re: is this possible

Originally posted by jboyce
    I have a set of computer speakers, and a subwoofer for it. would it be possible to wire it up to my car stereo?
    Why would you want to? Computer speakers generally suck.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

they are better than my stock speakers...and actually these ones dont suck, paid alot for them, and they have good sound.

Comment

they might sound better but think of how ghetto rigged that really is. u could do it just by wiring it up but its deffinetly not something i would do.

Comment

For the love of God, don't do it

Comment

very highly not recommended. if anything, sell the computer speakers and buy a better set of car speakers...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

WERD.

Thats rough.

If you do this please mount nicely in the back window so everyone can see this CUSTOM SHIET!
              90 ex-r sedan, charcoal, 95 jdm h22, type S cams, Jun cam gears, Skunk2 valve springs, P28 chipped ecu w/ uberdata, cai, exaust, B&M fpr w/ gauge,mugen lip, 17' IWC wrapped with falken rubber, Bilstein hd, coilvers, black Leather, red/clear tails, Autometer gauges. More to come

Comment

think of the space u listen to ur cpu speakers in. idk ur house but its probly a room bigger than ur car. u might think they sound good in ur house but it will be different in ur car. not to be mean but how funny would it be if someone asked u what kind of speakers u had and u said dell or gateway or something like that. but it is ur car and ur car is you so tune it the way u will and have fun with it if it works.

Comment

i have computer speakers im my car the amp was blown on the subwoofer it came with (i have two 12" infinities), so i got rid of that and just used the sattleites. i just never got around to auctually buying some speakers for it due to my financial sitiuation. yea, its not cool having them, but its better than no speakers at all

Comment

It is possible if you really wanted to. I was thinking of putting my bookshelf speakers in my car. The huge ones. But then again i thought abou tit and how goofy it would look when i show people lol

I dunno it is possible though!

Guys just answer his question!

Comment

CPU speakers?

Arigato Mr Roboto.

like low accord say 'for the love of god dont do it'.

Ghetto rigged shit isnt just um cool lol
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        It is possible if you really wanted to. I was thinking of putting my bookshelf speakers in my car. The huge ones. But then again i thought abou tit and how goofy it would look when i show people lol

I dunno it is possible though!

Guys just answer his question!
                        Well, here goes.

The satellites will work. Probably won't be ideal for your setup since satellites generally are low wattage, because they are matched to the rest of the speakers, which are usually lower wattage than car audio.

Most subwoofers on computer speakers are powered. They run on AC power. To work you'd at least need to convert it to run DC and then figure out how to splice it in. Personally I don't know how to do that.

Once again you can do it, at least the satellites, but as has been said before, you can definitely pick up cheap speakers (like under 20/set) that'll sound a whole lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid

Arigato Mr Roboto.

Very much Mr. Roboto? Might wanna check your Jap/Eng dictionary.
                          -Jay

Comment

1 word: ebay

Comment

I sell some VISONIK component speakers that I will be happy to price for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X