No announcement yet.

Lancer Evolution ower gets ticket for factory wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend's gf's cousin got pulled over for the stock wing on his Del Sol. He showed him the bill of sale with the wing listed and he went on along his way.

Its true, if the part is OEM or passes inspection with it installed, he should be deemed legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
      You coulda just told him no and leave. I mean if theres no real reason why he pulled you over you dont need to obey him. You could drive away
      ^thats absolutely not true, and you wonder why you get tons of tickets.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I agree with Bronx Finest!!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          My friend's gf's cousin got pulled over for the stock wing on his Del Sol. He showed him the bill of sale with the wing listed and he went on along his way.

Its true, if the part is OEM or passes inspection with it installed, he should be deemed legal.
          He's 110% right. What is deemed legal is based on what the factory produces, when you sign the bill of sale, the car corporation, in more ways than one, is saying this vehicle is 100% safe for the road and LEGAL. It even says this in BOLD on the bill of sale. I'm not sure how this kid lost it in court, possibly not enough evidence, or he didn't explain himself correctly, but in 49 out of 50 states that shit would not fly. Absolute atrocity in terms of law enforcement and the judicial system not doing their jobs. He could absolutely bring that to a higher court and sue even mitsu for their "factory legal" vehicle. Absurd, just Absurd.
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

The kid probably acted like an ass the whole time if hes anything like the majority of the people in this thread. That alone would lose him a court battle. He probably didnt realize he could bring in the bill of sale to prove the court wrong, or maybe Mitsu really did get it wrong. Who knows, but if the wing is high enough, its perfectly legal for the cop to pull him over. OMG COPS r TEH SUX0R!!! fuck off, idiots.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

Most of Law enforcement actually does their job, but you only hear about the ones that don't. I.e. most in the news or on forums or in this thread. Also, take into account it's a hick town, need i SAY MORE.
              My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Don't worry guy's I will have our revenge. Those Fucktards are going to be pulled over left and right! TRUST ME.
                Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Tone-us
                  Don't worry guy's I will have our revenge. Those Fucktards are going to be pulled over left and right! TRUST ME.
                  dude, what i meant before when i said "what goes around comes around" is about karma man... doesnt neccessarily mean actually pulling them over... anyway, cops are basically untouchable unless you get the FBI or IA involved

Comment

Yeah. Riiiight.
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

What I'm sayinig is that I'm tired of these cops pulling over all these imports such as Honda's, and Nissan's just because of there tint! Then you see even darker tint on an Explorer, or Camero's as well as Mustangs, do they get pulled over HELL NO. The odds are joe cop drives one of these? I'll be the new generation cop that pulls over Domestics instead of Imports that's all that was meant.
                      Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

What I'm sayinig is that I'm tired of these cops pulling over all these imports such as Honda's, and Nissan's just because of there tint! Then you see even darker tint on an Explorer, or Camero's as well as Mustangs, do they get pulled over HELL NO. The odds are joe cop drives one of these? I'll be the new generation cop that pulls over Domestics instead of Imports that's all that was meant.
                        ohhh i see. you were kinda vague in your previous post

Comment

Hey Tone-US, don't forget to pull over those motorcycles that have exhasut so damn loud they shatter your ear drums. Motorcycles don't come that extremely loud from the factory, so i don't understand why I never see them pulled over.

Comment

its not that they dont get pulled over its becuase they dont stop for cops . The cops know better as soon as they turn the sirens on the bikes are 4 block ahead of you thats why. 10 seconds flat for the bikes the cops 14' 15's hell if i had a bike i wouldnt stop for em either.

Comment

That is the kind of BS that we have to deal with up here. The hot spot to cruise it the greater milwaukee area is Hwy 100. Their is a cop at every corner. When I drove my 2000 cougar before I got my 91 accord I was driving and the power wire fell off my amp and my car just died. Well about two mins. later a cop pulls up behind me and was like what seems to be the problem? I told her I did not know (later found out it was a blown fuse I didnt know at the time that the power wire fell off the amp) the car just died.
                              cop: were you racing?
                              me: No!
                              cop: I think you were racing and blow you motor up
                              me: I was not racing the car just died! If i blow the motor up why wont my lights go on (nothing worked every thing died)
                              cop: I dont know but you were racing
                              me: I was not racing

by now another cop pulled up behind her
                              cop: I'm going to arest you and give you a ticket for racing and inpound your car!
                              me: this is BS I was not racing
                              cop: you know we have cameras on every inter-section
                              me: go ahead and check your cameras I was not racing
                              cop:We have reports of a car that looks just like yours street racing a civic
                              me: well did I win?
                              Cop: not funny

Well about an hour later after I was cuffed and my car was searched their dispatch called them and told them it was a different car!
                              cops: o well we are sorry we a have the wrong car

by this time its already 2 am and I still had to firgue out what was wrong with my car and how I was going to get it home cause my car was too low to fit on a flat bed. That night sucked
                              cop:

Comment

did you get their badge number they violated your rights illegal search. They can detain you for safety measures but they shouldnt have searched your car sayin you were racing it and then go ahead and literally start goin through shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X