Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hassment via email....need legal advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassment via email....need legal advice....

Ok so some of you may be familiar with the story, some may not.

Ill make it short.

I tried to order a pair of sunglasses for my fiance 6 months ago from two different websites(well only because the first one said they only had one pair and they were cracked)

Come to find out that both sites are owned by the same owner.

He sent me an email saying that they only had one pair and the frame was cracked yada yada.

I asked for my money back and thought that was that.

After like a week i had no refund when it usually takes 72 hrs to post.

I emailed him and said the next step was the CC company because i had a funny feeling and i hadn't recieved my refund yet.

No money. Called the cc company requested a chargeback.

Wake up next day to see my cc charged in excess of 3k. I called and they said that there were like 4 charges of 500$ and 900$.

Had the card cancelled got a new # etc.

Then the supposed owner calls my cell phone(dont know how he got it) and threatens me that this will not end well for me etc. all because i requested a chargeback on these sunglasses and he claims he refunded the money but it "takes time" right.

Now i never proved he charged my cc fraudelently but it was kind of obvious being as it was a day after he claimed it would not end well for me.

So the eventually both chargebacks were issued to me but now my paypal is frozen because he supplied a reciept for shipping claiming that i recieved the item when i never did and no one at my house signed for it. My cc is disputing it right now.

So i went to the police to see what i could do but they said just ignore his emails and forget it because he didnt threaten blah blah.

So i ignore him he sends me an email like 2 months ago saying he tried to charge my cc 3k but it was declined and i ignored him(saved the email) and that was the last....till today.

He emails me on my aol account and inserts a pic(my main pic from facebook)
    and says my girl is so hot but im a cutie would i like to go on a date with him just me and him?

So question is short of rounding of some of my crazy friends and beating his face in and making him fuck his father in front of his fucking whore mother what legal action do i have because im really starting to lose it and i swear to god if he fucks with my fiance or my property ill go to fucking jail.

So please help(im looking for some advice from Rusty but all opinions are welcome)

Hunt Him Down Like The Pos He Is, An Beat The Fucking Piss Out Of Him
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

just dispute the charges on the card, get it refunded, get a new number, and forget this guy even exists.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        just dispute the charges on the card, get it refunded, get a new number, and forget this guy even exists.
        yea I did all of that I've got him ignored on yahoo but not on aol but I'd really like to see what Legal action I can take.....

Comment

Cant go wrong with a bunch of friends w/ bats.

I think mike is right. You haven't suffered any real damages/harm (i mean you did get your money back and the e-mails haven't negatively altered your dialy life at all) and I don't see any real cause of action. I can't remember all of the elements for Harrasment right now but I really don't think you would satisfy them.

But i'm not a lawyer (yet), so i would really recommend that you just call or e-mail an attorney and see if you do have a cause of action.
          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

from email finder pro.com,

Free Email Strategies >> Dealing With Harassing Email

Receiving a harassing e-mail is a very unfortunate and unpleasant experience. Some of them can be quite nasty and upsetting. Though this is a very common occurrence, it is not a normal problem and should not simply be ignored. Harassing e-mails are different from regular Spam in that they target you specifically.

Fortunately, there are things that you can do in order to identify the person sending you the e-mail, and to put these harassing messages to a stop. Cyberspace offers you many opportunities to protect yourself against harassment. Use the following steps to help yourself against an e-mail harasser.

- If you don´t know the sender, do not respond at all. Hope that the sender is only looking to get a rise from you and they´ll go away when they don´t hear back.

- Make sure that your e-mail program does not automatically send out read receipts when requests have been made (or the sender will know that you´ve read the e-mail).

- If you do know the sender - for example, if it´s your vengeful ex - send a single short e-mail that states something simple such as "Do not contact me in any way in the future". This should be all that the e-mail says. Do not sign it with your name, and do not call the sender a harasser or threaten with legal action. This will only encourage the sender to keep up the harassing since the entire point is to upset you.

- If the e-mail is not directed to you personally, it may just be Spam and you can delete it.

- If the e-mail is directed toward you, forward it to the harasser´s ISP. Look at the subdomain and the domain of the e-mail address and discover who provides service to the harasser. This effort may include a reverse e-mail search. Then, you can find out the contact information for that ISP through a basic search engine and send a copy of the harassing e-mails to them.

ISPs act quickly to protect their own business when they are contacted about harassment through their services. ISPs will typically immediately cancel a harasser´s account and may even pursue the harassment legally. If the e-mail was bad enough, you can pretty much be guaranteed that the harasser´s account will be cut off by the next day.

Keep in mind that if the harassment includes physical threats to you or people you know, or threats to your property, you have the right to show the e-mail to the police who will investigate and act on your behalf.
            Last edited by doughboy415; 11-11-2008, 11:00 AM.
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

this states basically the samething,

http://www.holysmoke.org/c000/102.htm
              BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Cant go wrong with a bunch of friends w/ bats.
                It's not assault with a deadly weapon if you hit him below his kneecaps.

Edit: /SARCASM
                Last edited by JoshM; 11-11-2008, 12:42 PM.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I would just ignore him and save anything he sends you. If he slips up and puts something threatening is one of the emails, then you can go to the police. For now just ignore him and collect anything he sends you and save it all. If he goes away that's good but if he don't, then you have all these emails piled up against him.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                  Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                  My member's ride

Comment

This might not be the best idea but it could work. Hit him up on that date thing and see if you can get enough out of him to make a threat and have him aressted. Or if he even shows up, just don't do anything stupid that will get you aressted.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                    "The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                      This might not be the best idea but it could work. Hit him up on that date thing and see if you can get enough out of him to make a threat and have him aressted. Or if he even shows up, just don't do anything stupid that will get you aressted.
                      I personally don't think that looks good on your part though b/c then you put yourself in the situation to be thereatened or harrased. Plus if your that heated your likely to do something you regret.
                      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

set your facebook so that only friends can view it. The dumbest thing facebook ever did was make it open to everyone. It's well on its way to ending up like myspace.

if you really want revenge...

take down his phone number and email address. Make flyers and such... For example.

Sunglasses 50% off. Oakleys for $40. Everything has to go. Free Shipping.

Post his number and email on these flyers. Then it's easy to just walk into the library or other places and leave a small stack.

I'd also recommend getting multiple email accounts. I have one for forums, one for friends and family, one for school/work related, one for registering products, etc etc.

You do not want to go the violent path until he does something. You showing up with friends and bats will get you charged with assault 2 if not worse. They'll argue that you were the aggressor. Since you went there with more than 1 person, you'll be screwed. It'll be played as a lynching.
                        my 91 cb7
                        Originally posted by 4doorfury
                        I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                          This is like entrapment. Best thing to do is just ignore the person. This will either A) make them stop or B) get them really pissed to the point they go over the line and throw a threat out and then they are fucked.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                          My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                            It's not assault with a deadly weapon if you hit him below his kneecaps.
                            ummm yea. right. spitting on someone's shoe is still assault. and it's below the kneecaps. so hurting anyone with a potentially deadly weapon would still be assault regardless of location.

I say you dont hurt this person. do it right back. find out his info. get your buddies(bigger the better) and show up at his door step. tell him that you know where he lives(obviously) and if he wants to retain the ability to reproduce, he'll get his fucking ducks in a line and never try to pull this bullshit with anyone ever again. and that you will be keeping an eye on him for anything so if anyone has the same problem, he'll see you again.

problem solved. most people, regardless of how tough they act don't really have a chance of fighting back. Unless it's jackie Chan, Jason Statham, Jet Li, or something like that. then you can make all your $$ back from the video footage of you guys getting pwned. maybe turn it into a movie.

Comment

get your refund, go on a date with him and both of you will be happy,lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X