random emails from me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random emails from me???

just wanted to see if anyone else here is getting emails sent from me containing winzip files or any files for that matter? i just got PM's from 2 different guys on here saying they received them. one of the guys confirmed that it was a virus contained within. i'm not sure how these are being sent, but it's not by me.

if anyone gets one of these, don't open it!

also, is there a way i can look into this and see how they're being sent from MY email address?

You can run a virus scan on your computer.

Most likely though it's somebody else that got infected and your email is being spoofed.

Pretty common, happens to me at my work address all the time.

Either somebody that had you in their address book got infected or your email got lifted off a website it was on.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

yeah, all u can do right now is just make sure u have a new version of Antivirus installed (symantec/norton is my preference), get it completely up to date, then restart in safe mode and run a full scan.

just a reminder to everyone, unless you specifically asked a friend to send you a file, dont open attachments. and if it seems random, get in contact with the person who sent it and see if its a valid file or not (like in this case, people PMed steve)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

do u use outlook express, if so those things are soo prone to virus's ....

get norton and then put the blood hound level to the max.

tell that guy to scan his stuff too...and then tell him to tell u what virus he has, then go to www.norton.com and download the patch for that virus.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Re: random emails from me???

Originally posted by accordtunerx
          just wanted to see if anyone else here is getting emails sent from me containing winzip files or any files for that matter?
          yea man, i just got another one from mojofino1@yahoo.com

is that anyones email on here?

Comment

Working...
          X