Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you with BRAKE LAMP problem... This could help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having the same issue now grrrr

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162573

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

the only time i had this problem was when one of the sockets actually melted. i simply went to the PnP cut one from another Accord and replaced my damaged one. viola the light went off the next time i started my car.

Comment

So my brake lamp malfunction indicator has been randomly coming on during the winter and recently was more frequent. I found corrosion on one of the lamp sockets and mismatched bulbs. I cleaned the corrosion and but Sylvania LL bulbs in......the light still came on. Note I have replaced the brown box about 2 years ago which fixed this problem at the time.

So I find this thread. I went and grounded the white/green wire. Grounded the one heading out towards the gauge cluster. This did nothing, lamp still came on all the time. So I kept that end grounded and grounded the other end of the white/green wire.....the end heading straight into the brown box. With the wire cut and both ends grounded the lamp still came on all the time. I pulled the harness and fixed the connections back to oem with quality connections and the lamp STILL comes on.

So what's the deal with this white/green wire? It has had NO effect on my brake malfunction light. I've verified multiple times all 5 brake lamps work correctly. I'm about to pull the cluster and pull the bulb out!!
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

holy ressurection, batman!

actually i solved this problem myself, first because i installed an LED tail, which is not compatible with the bulb sensor used in the CB7.

every bulb has a relay wired in series, which is activated when current is being drawn through the bulb. bulb burnt = not enough current flowing through that relay = relay opens = brake indicator lights up. all of these sensor relays are wired in series together with the brake light indicator, so if any one opens the indicator will light up. LED bulbs wont work because they dont draw enough current to trip the relay. there are two boxes, one for left side and one for right side. the right side includes an extra relay for the center bulb.

now that we know how the boxes work, how do we fix the problem?

if all the bulbs are lit, and the light is still tripping, in my experience i found a loose wire after disassembling the entire tail assembly, causing it to trip only occasionally. after that, its a simple matter of disabling the relay sensor to stop the notification altogether.

(got the schematic)
            Last edited by stevediraddo; 04-13-2012, 01:20 PM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
              holy ressurection, batman!

actually i solved this problem myself, first because i installed an LED tail, which is not compatible with the bulb sensor used in the CB7.

every bulb has a relay wired in series, which is activated when current is being drawn through the bulb. bulb burnt = not enough current flowing through that relay = relay opens = brake indicator lights up. all of these sensor relays are wired in series together with the brake light indicator, so if any one opens the indicator will light up. LED bulbs wont work because they dont draw enough current to trip the relay. there are two boxes, one for left side and one for right side. the right side includes an extra relay for the center bulb.

now that we know how the boxes work, how do we fix the problem?

if all the bulbs are lit, and the light is still tripping, in my experience i found a loose wire after disassembling the entire tail assembly, causing it to trip only occasionally. after that, its a simple matter of disabling the relay sensor to stop the notification altogether.
              So how did you fixed it?

Comment

bump to include a diagram to illustrate how this is bypassed
                Attached Files

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have problems in Ruby when it is wet, I just had to drain and reseal two taillight assemblies.

Rose is lit up all the time, even with new sensor boxes. I like to have everything working correctly, but I may have to do this, the light on the dash drives me crazy!
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                    bump to include a diagram to illustrate how this is bypassed
                    this photo discriminates against 90-91s

Comment

Working...
                    X