Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I am working in a mental institution this week... (56K go shock yourself straight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I am working in a mental institution this week... (56K go shock yourself straight)

...Doing computer recoveries... ( Wont give specific information) I am in a semi abandoned castle like building that they now use for storage. It once was full of laboratories, offices, and such for mental patients... Did some exploration and took some pics to share... Its all soo cool, but creepy at the same time. They used to do all kinds of testing and what not... shock therapy and more...

One of the buildings (castle like)

One of the lab storage rooms

Another Lab

Different switches and plugs on the wall (above eye level)

Wash Room

Another Lab

Strange Sink Like fixture

More plugs and switches

Used for Shock Therapy

Another Different Lab

Cast Room

X-Ray Storage Room

Last edited by CustomLowz; 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

More X-Ray stuff

Comment

i like the calming effects with the baby blue paint. although I would love to see them react one day and just wake them up to red walls. probably freak out.

Comment

Creepy.
          Ain't no way I'd go in there past dusk.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

matt we need to discuss this... youve seen my abandoned buildings exploration pictures thread right? ive been hitting up all of the local northeast institutions, ive checked out all of the big ones, but i havent heard news of one closing recently, which it looks like this one in your pics couldnt be that old. cant be that far, either... albany area? whats the name of the institution?

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=94289

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
              matt we need to discuss this... youve seen my abandoned buildings exploration pictures thread right? ive been hitting up all of the local northeast institutions, ive checked out all of the big ones, but i havent heard news of one closing recently, which it looks like this one in your pics couldnt be that old. cant be that far, either... albany area? whats the name of the institution?

I thought of that thread when I saw this. You guys are creeps lol.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

This one is not closing at all... Its also NOWHERE near albany. It's still in the North east, but I dont want to give more details...

Comment

or maybe sneak in one of the closed down ones and with red paint smear some crazy shit for the next group of kids. they will most likely come at night with flashlights so they wont be able to tell its paint. Just write like "I don't want to die" so it looks like blood, I guarantee you they will get the hell out of that room.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I know where you are. Are the initials LVDC? In Haverstraw?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      I'm pretty sure I know where you are. Are the initials LVDC? In Haverstraw?
                      Nope

Comment

Your holding that Chest X-ray upside down.

That "strange sink" is called a Hopper. It's for disposing of "liquid waste". We use it to clean out/dump chest tubes in.( I work in a hospital) They usually have a splash shield of sorts in the front so you don't get blood and crap on you if it should splash out.

Nice pics though, kind of creepy though in a way. Be fun to go and check out though!
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                          Your holding that Chest X-ray upside down.

That "strange sink" is called a Hopper. It's for disposing of "liquid waste". We use it to clean out/dump chest tubes in.( I work in a hospital) They usually have a splash shield of sorts in the front so you don't get blood and crap on you if it should splash out.

Nice pics though, kind of creepy though in a way. Be fun to go and check out though!
                          I know about the x-ray... i just snapped a quick pic and then put it down... I felt kinda weird holding it...

Thanks for the info on the hopper... Makes sense with its functionality

Comment

awesome pics, expecting Jack Nicholson to pop out of a room
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

http://www.opacity.us/site16_letchworth_village.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X