Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you UNroll fenders???

Something tells me my fenders are rolled

My first CB was about as low as this one but this one seems to have excessive negative camber

I know to roll a fender you use some kind of leveraging device (i.e. a baseball bat) to move the fender away from the wheel

What could I use to bring my fender back close to my wheel?

Fatman88 do u have some spare Bordeaux Red fenders laying around???

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    ...I know to roll a fender you use some kind of leveraging device (i.e. a baseball bat) to move the fender away from the wheel

What could I use to bring my fender back close to my wheel?
    lol, another baseball bat?
    I've never known anyone to unroll their fenders. Good luck with it. Sounds like it would be a lot easier if Fatman88 has a set of spares!

Comment

man i'd keep it rolled! just drop it harder!
      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

As far as I know, the "fender rolling" only pushes the inside lip of the fender UP so it doesn't cut the tire. Unless someone used a heavy duty rolling technique, I don't think the fenders would be 'tubbed' or have an excessive amount of flaring due to the fender rolling technique most people use.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
          As far as I know, the "fender rolling" only pushes the inside lip of the fender UP so it doesn't cut the tire. Unless someone used a heavy duty rolling technique, I don't think the fenders would be 'tubbed' or have an excessive amount of flaring due to the fender rolling technique most people use.
          Exactly. Rolling the fender has no effect on the outside appearance of it. If it did, I'd have done it for a mild widebody look myself!

If you want to fill the wheel well better, you have options... larger tire (wider, taller...), different offset wheel, spacers... etc...

Comment

correct, rolled fenders are just stock width with the inner lip folded back so it doesnt slice the edge off the tread. flaring fenders is entirely different. but overall, camber angle and the distance from the fender are something different.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

you should be happy your fenders are rolled.

fenders have nothing to do with camber negative unless you have low offset wheels that get in the way and you have to have negative camber to clear.

but for just a simple drop with simple offset wheels. then you would need a camber kit to fix your negative camber. not your fenders.

Comment

OK, it just seems like I have more negative camber on this car than my first one. I was gonna get a camber kit anyways

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  correct, rolled fenders are just stock width with the inner lip folded back so it doesnt slice the edge off the tread. flaring fenders is entirely different. but overall, camber angle and the distance from the fender are something different.
                  x2...when I rolled my rear quarters with my baseball bat it just rolled the inner lip up....did nothing to the outside appearance.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Thinking about it now that makes sense, the tire provides the pivot point... you could roll a fender w/o touchin the outer fender, didn't hink about that.

Comment

Personally I would leave them rolled.

If you want to know an idea that I came up with, here you go.

1. Take off wheel and tire.
                      2. Get a flat head screw driver (short one if possible).
                      3. Place the flat head between where fender lip was rolled up and fender.
                      4. Gently pry it back towards the original positioning.
                      5. Do the to entire fender lip.
                      6. Use vices or plyers to bend more if you have to. Also use plyers to bend evenly.

Good luck.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                        Personally I would leave them rolled.

If you want to know an idea that I came up with, here you go.

1. Take off wheel and tire.
                        2. Get a flat head screw driver (short one if possible).
                        3. Place the flat head between where fender lip was rolled up and fender.
                        4. Gently pry it back towards the original positioning.
                        5. Do the to entire fender lip.
                        6. Use vices or plyers to bend more if you have to. Also use plyers to bend evenly.

Good luck.
                        That's going to crack all the paint on the fender lip and cause a bunch of rust eventually, esp. in the Northeast, unless you want to go through all the hassle of sanding and repainting absolutely everything.

You'll NEVER get an accurate line.

Leave them rolled.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                          That's going to crack all the paint on the fender lip and cause a bunch of rust eventually, esp. in the Northeast, unless you want to go through all the hassle of sanding and repainting absolutely everything.

You'll NEVER get an accurate line.

Leave them rolled.
                          X2...........just leave them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Exactly. Rolling the fender has no effect on the outside appearance of it. If it did, I'd have done it for a mild widebody look myself!

If you want to fill the wheel well better, you have options... larger tire (wider, taller...), different offset wheel, spacers... etc...
                            actually quite often the term 'Rolled' is used for when people pull the stock fenders outwards to fit lower offset/wider width wheels....

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

Leave the fenders alone, get better offset wheels or hub-centric spacers.

Comment

Working...
                              X