So Frustrated with the CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Frustrated with the CB7

Maybe I'm just pissed at life right now but I need to rant.

My car has been annoying the hell out of me recently. If its not one thing, its something else. I'm just so sick of it, I wish it would just get all fixed.

My car has the stupid rust, but I can get that fixed in the spring. Its just I have a Integra spoiler that is a perfect match for the car, but it has a crack in it, and there is a ton of effort required to fix the crack correctly, and I just don't have the knowledge to do it, and what it would cost me to get the body shop to fix it and then the additional paint and install would make it not worth it. I'm just angry because I picked up the part for like $10 thinking I could just get it put on.

I got my CV joint fixed almost 2 years ago. The first joint they put in was terrible, when I went around a corner, it was like I was hitting a curb. I had them put in another one, only to have it shudder on acceleartion in 2nd gear. I took it back, they claim its the transmission. I know it is. Now I have been living wiht it for the last 2 years because I was in school and the car wasn't driven a lot and it was intermitent. Now that I'm driving it daily for 40-50 miles, its been driving me nuts and doing it in every gear. It's just that the shake causes the interior to rattle and its just embarrassing.

That brings me to the rattles. My car rattles like crazy now, it used to be super solid now I can hear everything shake. I don't know if its related to my subs in the trunk, but I'm just sick of hearing the car rattle. If anyone has any tips, let me know.

I can feel a vibration in the gas pedal at low RPMs. I don't know what its related to and its only started recently. I'm praying its nothign to do wiht the clutch. Does anyone know what this could be?

I had neons and strobes in my car. (please no comments, they're hidden and I only use them to impress girls now). When my damn blower motor stopped working, I ripped apart the dash and had to disconnect all the wiring because I wasn't impressed wiht my work. Some of my early work included wiring to the battery, and when i ended up grounding out the switch when the console was out and had sparks, I ripped everything apart in frustration. I haven't had the time to get back and rewire it since my friend and I haven't been on the same schedule and I know how to wire, but i'm a little forgetful on how to wire a switch right. Its just annoying because it feels like my car is going backwards in progression.

My right bumper light got cracked when I had the bumper off to retrofit my 94 lip. Now when i put it back in, i lost the clip so i'm stuck with trying to duct tape it from behind. The light fell out of the holder and my always on wire snapped, so i'm running with one always on, one not. And then this weekend, just to be a bitch, my other bumper light fell out and the clear part came and I ended up running it over. So now I'm missing a bumper light and the other is cracked. It was dark out when I did it and I haven't had a chance to put my oems back in. Now I need to rewire and put my old stuff back in, as well as order new bumper lenses.

My timing belt most likely hasn't been changed, i idon't know becuase i'm the second owner. The car was bought at 78K. I have 104K on it now, I'm thinking i'm 14K over and on borrowed time. I don't have the means to change it myself, not the money to get a shop to change it, and I'm too picky on details. I'd want all honda parts. The good shop my friend goes to only is open on weekdays, the shop I used to go to i don't trust their owrk much anymore. My valves are also talking to me, and i'm afraid i'll damage my car more if i let them go. Honda charges 100 to adjust them and do the tube seals and valve cover seal. Mine is leaking, I think its work the money as i don't want to adjust anything myself.

I'm also staring at a pile of nice parts (exhaust, suspension)when i get home that i can't even put on my car becuase of lack of time (i work full time and need my car every day), tools, and my mom hates that i work on my car. So for a drained bank account, I feel like I have nothing to show for it. My car still looks stock with its 4x4 ride height and goofy tip I had to put on because of the last exhaust issue.

I've got a dc header that I can't install. The flex is junk. The local shop wants 120 to fix it, but to fix it they're not gonna flange it, they'd have to fix and install. That means that it would be 270 to fix and intsall, assuming they don't charge me to relocate the O2. I can get a new LX dc header for 260. I thought I was just gettin ga deal.

I'm sorry to rant. I'm just so frustrated with my car. I think some of it has to do with I haven't even had a chance to clean it lately because of hte weather and time. Its just been bugging me. My car is my escape from different problems, and now it seems like that is stabbing me in the back. I just had to get this out.

no need to apologize, honestly i think we have all been there...
    I know i have- just get to that point where its like i cant take it anymore, i wanna sell this thing or i wish i had that car.

seems like you have a few money related issues, nothing too serious...
    altho the majority seems as though its time.
    I understand your working and fighting the man, but remember what its all for and why you started modding your car anyway...

so why did you?

if you answer that, and it brings back a few memories with your car, its all worth it.. if not maybe you should consider a diff, car

I know im just rambling but i hope somehow it eased some of your CB7 pain, knowing that we understand.

Comment

Yeah CBs are a pain Mike.

You havent seen anything until you've seen the rust thats on my car....

We all go thru pain man..somehow someway will all work over an obstacle
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That's part of the love of the CBs. Don't get discouraged. Do some wrenchwork and you'll feel better about it. I try to do something every week to improve the state of the car. This week was the back brakes.

I love it.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

yeah.. very recently i was even trying to sell my car. i've just been having too many issues with it in the past few months (brake master cylinder, driver axle, acceleration lag, etc.) and i really just want a 5 speed transmission instead of an automatic.

however, i thought about all of the money, time, and thought that i've put into my accord so far... and it's REALLY not worth the 5,500 i was trying to get... lol.

cb7 accords are older cars man (12 - 15 years), it's gonna obviously have it's problems. i was just tellin' my dad that maybe i should have just sold my car and bought a 97 lude or something. but he told me that any older car is gonna have problems, whether it's 8 or 15 years old. and that's true.

my advice to you, is to sit down and write out a list of everything that needs to be fixed on your car. forget the mods, just worry about what needs to be done to keep getting you from point A to point B safely again. prioritize your list, and start saving money for what NEEDS to be done. sell some of those new parts lying around if you have to, you can always rebuy them.

i just spent the whole weekend working on my car, and it's right back in the game again. saved some money by doing the work myself and now i'm starting to save up some cash for a transmission swap in the future.

let's just put it this way: i wouldn't want to be the driver of that newer stock car that i WOULD HAVE bought, sitting at the stoplight next to the accord that i'm GONNA have

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
            let's just put it this way: i wouldn't want to be the driver of that newer stock car that i WOULD HAVE bought, sitting at the stoplight next to the accord that i'm GONNA have
            ^great line.

ive been there too, still kinda am... but my old LX has finally been sold so the rust issue is out of my hair now. that was step 1 of like 40 billion.

take it one piece at a time... next weekend get the front springs on... the weekend after that get the rear springs on... save for the timing belt job.

i think its partly this site that gets people discouraged, we see all these wonderful cars and we wish ours were as done as theirs... but they can be, it just takes time. lots of the people who have the nicest cars on here were in our positions like 5 years ago, and have worked through it. im back at square 1, ive only had the car a couple months at most and i feel like its supposed to be done already. but give me 5 years and then we will see

dont get discouraged!! go out and wash your car after work. that usually makes me like my car again, when its crisp and clean.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

dood, at worst, you could always do this:
              -drive it till it can't go anymore, save while your doing this, then sell it, buy another cb7.
              or
              -slowly save, fix it, and make it born again.

alot of things discouraged me, to the point where i even bought the for sale sign for my car. these are the things that tried to own me:
              -stupid ghetto fucks denting my fender. jealousy.
              -17yo, unemployed.
              -rear qtr panel rust, light spot, now made worse.
              -faded trunk, slight parking scratches on front/rear bumper.
              -faded rear qtr panel and shit. cheap blend repaint the ex owner has since day 2 of owning her car.
              -stupid dumbfuck driving a company ford ranger tapping my rear qtr panel where the rust was and indenting it, making it worse, and scratching the bumper at the top slightly.
              -dumbfuck who scuffed my rear door moulding on the right side. i just seen it, who knows where it was from.
              -my dad, backing out on my plans for college, forcing me to have to put my mom in a bad situation. felt guilty, almost put the car for sale.
              -trunk leak in 2 spots.
              -slow leak in one front tire, tit in the other front tire. will be taken care of with my next paycheck.

here's what keeps me going:
              -realizing it was my first car, and thinking about all the times that me and my boy worked on it.
              -doing my spark plugs, pcv valve, spark plug wires, air filter, etc. myself.
              -putting something new in it every week, even if its just a scooby doo air freshener.
              -knowing that i met my girl in this car.
              -knowing that the dents i got, are only an inspiration to get a repaint.
              -only at 73,500mi., 5k are mine.
              -the fact that i chose to go to my prom in this car, rather than a limo or a rented exotic.
              -the times that me & my girl had in this car.
              -its the car that my family associates with me.

i love my cb7 meng!

sorry for writing so much, but it hurts to see a discouraged buddy. especially a fellow cb7tuner.

keep ya head up man! if you need to holla @ me, aim is L 0 u Vuitton. watch the zero in l 0 u.
              '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
              -'93 AGP EX 4AT
              10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for the support. I was just having a rough day yesterday and needed to vent.

AccordZoom - You're completely right. This car is never getting sold, even if it goes up on blocks in my backyard. I've got too much into it now to just let it go to waste.

Henry - You're right man. We'll beat the rust demon. Both of us.

AccorDIANTE - I try to do something every week, and I had big plans for this past weekend. The it poured all day Saturday. That along with stupid social life drama just conspired against me, know what I mean?

ATX - I went through the exact same thing as you. I was like even if I sold I wouldn't get 1/3 of what I spent on this thing back, and whatever car I'd buy I'd most likely do the same thing to. Forget DSM, I'm gonna beat them with the CB7. But you're right, I need to sit down and stop thinking about what I can get for my car and look at what I need to get. I have enough performance parts to put on to hold me over. Its just sometimes I get discouraged because to me my car looks stock. But once i put in the wrench time, it'll be a new car.

Mike - You're right, I just need to get off my ass and wash my car. Once my front rims are actually clean and not carbon fiber looking, I think I'll feel a million times better. Thanks for listening to me whine about my car, and I think now after talking to you I'm gonna do my own spring/strut install.

Br0nx finest - Your view and my view are almost the same. There's too many memmories I have in my car to just let it go. Thinking about the hours I spent tracking some of the parts I have. I mean how many people have a 15 year old car with the OEM floormats and hood bra still around. Knowing that I rationalized putting new tires and my alloys on it rather than spending the money on my prom (which i heard sucked anywas)...its too much to lose.

I think I was just getting discouraged because like CPMike said, there's a lot of impressive cars on this site, and sometimes I see them and just look at mine and go it's never gonna happen, but you know what...it will happen. It might not be fast, but one day I'm gonna have a 13.99999 time slip from my car and nothing is going to stop me.

I've ordered new bumper lights to replace my broken ones. I ordered the led's for the indicator conversion, and I've made plans with my friend to at least get my stuff rewired and hopefully my new exhaust on. I think just that will make a world of difference. Maybe if I can find time I'll even get a chance to detail it.

Thanks again everyone...you guys really are the best

~Mike

Comment

i myself are at that point in time, where this thing is falling apart with me in it, so many damn problems, i even though about just junking er, not even trade in, or anything, just throwing the beast away, and im still driving the POS at this point, but im still looking at as, what it will be like when its all done...its so irritaing at this point

1. needs new seals(oil all over the sprak plugs n things)
                  2. needs new motor mounts.
                  3. needs new trans
                  4. needs new set of rear drums...(may be doing rear disc setup)
                  5. and a tune up(timing and all that BS stuff)
                  6. and some other crap that im forgeting to mention because im some over it all....

and it should be rolling 100%

as far as appearance, cosmetics, it needs some work hear and there....

constant rubbing from the rear drums because how bad they are when im breaking, im rolling around on 2 stealies in the back because one of my tires is also warped and has like 2 nails in it, so i took both off..my primer trunk and partial side....constant BOG outs on start, which is embarising...its just nuts, its driving me crazy!....

really at this point i hate to drive the car, or even be seen in it....

i just dont know how i can get over it, just only, putting out the money and fixing the thing....which shortens my funds on upgrades and things i WANT to buy, not need...

it saddens me that ive put the car through hell because of how much ive put into it, but this is what i get so i must hang in there and learn from it all.....so yeah, ill drive the thing till the wheels fall off, and then ill fix it again.....
                  Last edited by lowoctane; 09-21-2004, 05:48 PM.

^sold

Comment

yeah, we all have problems with our cars. heres mine:
                    1. my car keeps stalling out sorta...loses all power. its something to do with the throttle body sensor, but i havnt had too much time to figure it out. i want to do it tomorrow, but i have to rake and stuff, and i dont have a small voltmeter to use at this house.

2. got the rust also. in the back left, its mostly bubbling, but my dad hit my car when he was backing out and exposed the rust and now its ugly (also put a small dent)

3. ive got no money, and the only job i have is mowing my lawns. (once a week $10 and $20, and then another $20 every other week or so)

4. i need to get a steelie before winter cuz one is busted.

5. no money = riding dropped with blown struts...

I know my problems arent as bad as yours may be, but still...

at least we will look forward to fixing it.

as for me, im looking forward for the job at a restaurant i might have, they said they are trying to fit me into the schedule. also, i get my new subwoofer next week, and most likely my new amp once i send out the money.and i just received my EX header, so ima have to get that on too

Comment

oh man this is so funny.
                      ok here i go "been there done that" lol
                      the thing is u got to take it easy with this cars. shit brakes. but hey,,,, this is how we learn about cars. lol.

here is my advice.
                      if u have a forum member near where u live then ask him for help when u get all the parts.
                      now that i know deever and iceplayer i am at ease,,, because if i need something i know where to ask help. i also offer help to everyone who lives around me.(if i know how to fix it lol)

good luck dude.

yo atx how did u fix the engine lag man? what was the problem. please don't tell me its the auto trann. lol
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

jesus guys, dont u maintain ur cb7? lol, just kiddin.

stuff i need to do:
                        -change driver's side axle

and thats about it. everything else is jerry-rigged or i pretty much dont care.
                        like a door lock actuator for a door, stretched hood cable, or a power window regulator, just minor stuff.

although i do get some vibration when slipping the clutch, wutever.

cali is good.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah maintaning is my big thing, i change everything when im supposed to....but i got the car with 166,xxx so i dont think anything was really changed on the car....so now its all starting to show...BLEH!...arg!..my JOB sucks, i dont want to have my parents help me because, they will put the TOLD YOU SO thing on me, but imma do whats i gots to do....im gonna start a fund raiser to help a CB7... called "the united CB7 fund"...

and then my birthday is on the 29th, SOOOOOO, i can get her fixed...hahah the timing is good...

but our cars are reliable and its still holding together.....
                          Last edited by lowoctane; 09-22-2004, 02:38 PM.

^sold

Comment

I'm having some issues with my car too...

-pretty sure my master cylender is on it's way out (brake peddle sinks all the way to the floor at a stop light in a minutes time and this jsut started hapening today)

-Need to have my suspension looked at soon since there are some odd noises coming from a few diffrint places in the suspension.

and with a job that has me driving 120 miles everyday mon-fri this stuff NEEDS to be done asap. I just started this job a couple days ago to get my funds back up so I can pay the bills. now my car's brakes need to be repaired

to any CB7er out there with troubles, keep it up, you're preserving one of the best family(/asome Daily driver) cars honda ever made!
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Since I'm in a motivational mood and feel like cheering people up right now...

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              Maybe I'm just pissed at life right now but I need to rant.
                              That had to have been right around the time I hung out with Tiffany. I still want my $45 back. Blah...that's gonna bug me for the rest of the day now.

My car has been annoying the hell out of me recently. If its not one thing, its something else. I'm just so sick of it, I wish it would just get all fixed.

My car has the stupid rust, but I can get that fixed in the spring. Its just I have a Integra spoiler that is a perfect match for the car, but it has a crack in it, and there is a ton of effort required to fix the crack correctly, and I just don't have the knowledge to do it, and what it would cost me to get the body shop to fix it and then the additional paint and install would make it not worth it. I'm just angry because I picked up the part for like $10 thinking I could just get it put on.
                              Been there, done that. Ended up getting a new spoiler and traded Deev the DA one for the suspension work.

I got my CV joint fixed almost 2 years ago. The first joint they put in was terrible, when I went around a corner, it was like I was hitting a curb. I had them put in another one, only to have it shudder on acceleartion in 2nd gear. I took it back, they claim its the transmission. I know it is. Now I have been living wiht it for the last 2 years because I was in school and the car wasn't driven a lot and it was intermitent. Now that I'm driving it daily for 40-50 miles, its been driving me nuts and doing it in every gear. It's just that the shake causes the interior to rattle and its just embarrassing.
                              Yeah, that stupid CV joint pisses me off to this day. I should probably get that fixed once I get some money, eh?

That brings me to the rattles. My car rattles like crazy now, it used to be super solid now I can hear everything shake. I don't know if its related to my subs in the trunk, but I'm just sick of hearing the car rattle. If anyone has any tips, let me know.
                              Well, I just turn up the radio now I think 90% of the noise was my very blown struts back in the day.

I can feel a vibration in the gas pedal at low RPMs. I don't know what its related to and its only started recently. I'm praying its nothign to do wiht the clutch. Does anyone know what this could be?
                              I'm still clueless on this one guys...

I had neons and strobes in my car. (please no comments, they're hidden and I only use them to impress girls now). When my damn blower motor stopped working, I ripped apart the dash and had to disconnect all the wiring because I wasn't impressed wiht my work. Some of my early work included wiring to the battery, and when i ended up grounding out the switch when the console was out and had sparks, I ripped everything apart in frustration. I haven't had the time to get back and rewire it since my friend and I haven't been on the same schedule and I know how to wire, but i'm a little forgetful on how to wire a switch right. Its just annoying because it feels like my car is going backwards in progression.

My right bumper light got cracked when I had the bumper off to retrofit my 94 lip. Now when i put it back in, i lost the clip so i'm stuck with trying to duct tape it from behind. The light fell out of the holder and my always on wire snapped, so i'm running with one always on, one not. And then this weekend, just to be a bitch, my other bumper light fell out and the clear part came and I ended up running it over. So now I'm missing a bumper light and the other is cracked. It was dark out when I did it and I haven't had a chance to put my oems back in. Now I need to rewire and put my old stuff back in, as well as order new bumper lenses.
                              Buying bumper lights suck, and those damn clips are horrible, but I fixed everything there. I do have to put my strobe lights back in though. A project for this weekend maybe?

My timing belt most likely hasn't been changed, i idon't know becuase i'm the second owner. The car was bought at 78K. I have 104K on it now, I'm thinking i'm 14K over and on borrowed time. I don't have the means to change it myself, not the money to get a shop to change it, and I'm too picky on details. I'd want all honda parts. The good shop my friend goes to only is open on weekdays, the shop I used to go to i don't trust their owrk much anymore. My valves are also talking to me, and i'm afraid i'll damage my car more if i let them go. Honda charges 100 to adjust them and do the tube seals and valve cover seal. Mine is leaking, I think its work the money as i don't want to adjust anything myself.
                              T-belt's done...whines like a mother, but its done. Valves...yeah about those

I'm also staring at a pile of nice parts (exhaust, suspension)when i get home that i can't even put on my car becuase of lack of time (i work full time and need my car every day), tools, and my mom hates that i work on my car. So for a drained bank account, I feel like I have nothing to show for it. My car still looks stock with its 4x4 ride height and goofy tip I had to put on because of the last exhaust issue.
                              Well, I'm getting there with those parts, and now I'm just down to little details. Only took me a few years to get around to all of it, but its there.

I've got a dc header that I can't install. The flex is junk. The local shop wants 120 to fix it, but to fix it they're not gonna flange it, they'd have to fix and install. That means that it would be 270 to fix and intsall, assuming they don't charge me to relocate the O2. I can get a new LX dc header for 260. I thought I was just getting a deal.
                              I gave up on that header and sold it to Wayne dirt cheap. Some day I'll have a header on it.

I'm sorry to rant. I'm just so frustrated with my car. I think some of it has to do with I haven't even had a chance to clean it lately because of hte weather and time. Its just been bugging me. My car is my escape from different problems, and now it seems like that is stabbing me in the back. I just had to get this out.
                              Wow, that sounds remarkably familiar recently though. Bad weather, broken outside water hookup, etc etc. I'm still annoyed slightly at the car, but all's well.

I just wanted to bump this thread up as motivation to all of the people out there that are frustrated with their cars. Give it some time and you WILL get there. I'll admit some of the comments/plans in this post are far fetched (13.999 comes to mind) but if you stick with it, you can do a great deal. Hell look at ATX's posts talking about when his first H22 was auto. From the time that was posted, he converted to manual, and then swapped the Euro-R into his car. cpmike still had his LX, and now he's got 4 Accords, including ATX's Euro-R coupe.

Just something to think about...
                              Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X