Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth it?

I have a 1992 Honda Accord EX 4 Door, it was a hand me down from my dad. He used to commute in it everyday. So it has alot of highway miles on it. The Milage on the car right now is around 350,000. Never had a problem with the car, the only big replacement is transmission (Auto). The body is in great shape. Ill post pics sometime tommorow. It has been in 2 front end wreaks but doesn't even look like it has been in a wreak. But I have been driving for about 2 and a half years. Great Car!

For those last 2 and a half years I have wanted to put an JDM H22 motor in it and convert it to manual. But my friends keep telling me to get a 2 door instead of having a 4 dr. But I really want to be different and have a fast 4 door. I know if I sell it im not going to get much for it.

I also work a Auto Dealership, and just recently they just had a trade in come in. Its a 1992 Honda Accord 2Dr 5 spd. It has 282,000 miles on it they have all the maintence records for it and its in pretty good condition. I might be able to get 500 for it. So I talked to my dad about it. He was saying why would you buy one high mileage car that you don't really know what has been done to it, when you have one that you know every thing that has been done to it. He says "Your Taking a High Risk" So right after this talk I came down right down to my computer and type this post b/c Im really not sure if I should just keep my car or buy that car. So I was wondering if I could get some opinions...
    -Chris
    HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
    -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

its really up to you to decide if u want a sedan or coupe. if you want a coupe, right now is the perfect opportunity, much more so if u are gonna put an h22 in it - finding a good condition car w/ high miles is perfect cuz u can get the car for really cheap.

"high risk" i dont really know- thats a tough call. if its in good condition but the engine is in need of some help, that might be just the car u want to get to swap a new h22 into. but make sure u inspect the car allllll over and drive it to make sure suspension is all ok, cuz thats the stuff that will be staying on the car... if u want a coupe and its the right price... if u let it go, would u be kicking urself later?

if you decide u want a sedan instead of a coupe, just let the coupe option slide and be happy with ur current car... which is just as eligible for an h22 swap (i would feel bad replacing a low mileage f22... cuz i would feel like i wasted the life of it ::tongue:.

if u do decide to go for the coupe... send me a PM, i might be interested in buying ur sedan. i hope my post made any sense... cuz it probably didnt.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 10-15-2003, 12:09 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I agree with your dad. At least with the car you are driving you know all about it. If you have the money buy the coupe and keep the sedan as well. Then you will have the best of both worlds.
      FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

i'd stick with the 4dr

Comment

I personally like sedans better, but if you want a coupe then go for it. especially if you know you are going to swap it. it would also be easier since its already stick. but if you like sedans then keep it, dont do it because your friends think you should have a coupe.
          HSHO #3

Comment

4 door for life buddy...but whatever you like, some people prefer the 2 door, but i think it should be 2 door for civics, 4 door for accord

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Thanks Guys, I think im going to stick with the 4dr....
              -Chris
              HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
              -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

Working...
              X