No announcement yet.

Out of curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if someone on the forum is selling something, they have obvious vouches. If you look through the forum and see sigs with their name in it a lot, you'll know they're a trusted dealer. Just a courtesty in most cases.

Comment

i think the "bought from / sold to" lines in signatures are fantastic... quiet way of constantly vouching people out in the open... at first i didnt understand the "bought from" side of it either but really its the person giving vouches to other sellers, instead of just listing their own vouches as a seller.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I could care less about that, I've had sigs turned off for more than a year now, Just because of people putting stupid pictures and big images in there causing me to take forever to get to the bottom of a thread.

Also, I just made a simple list in a notepad document of who I bought or sold to, If anyone needs proof of a vouch I can send the list of the 30 something names.

Comment

I do it so I can buy/sell w/ no issues. When people see who I've dealt w/ in the past, it gives them more confidence in buying from me and selling to me.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

What about trades? Is that a sell or a buy

And what if we've dealt with them in person, rather than online or via mail?

Ive bought/traded from like 2 ppl, but all transactions took place in person. Cash in hand.

How does that work?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
              I could care less about that, I've had sigs turned off for more than a year now, Just because of people putting stupid pictures and big images in there causing me to take forever to get to the bottom of a thread.

Also, I just made a simple list in a notepad document of who I bought or sold to, If anyone needs proof of a vouch I can send the list of the 30 something names.
              dial up anyone

no
              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
              $30 HID kits here Thread
              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                dial up anyone
                A great number people have sigs turned off, as they add nothing to the discussion.
                2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by TurboZach View Post
                  So if someone on the forum is selling something, they have obvious vouches. If you look through the forum and see sigs with their name in it a lot, you'll know they're a trusted dealer. Just a courtesty in most cases.

yeah and I could lie, and say I have vouches from everyone on this board?

Who really cares, sheesh>

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                    dial up anyone
                    I don't have dial-up, The main reason is, Im just tired of looking at the same cars all the time. Especially when some users have some butt ugly piece of shit car and it shows up every time.

Comment

Yeah, some members (larry... ) have had insane sigs that slowed everything down...

Anyway, I honestly think the vouches in sigs are a bad idea. Vouches are a bad idea. I can think of 3-4 people on here that have at least a dozen good transactions... that have also been accused of (and even admitted to) royally screwing other members.

As it says in the Classifieds sticky that I assume EVERYONE has read... each transaction is an independent event. Just because someone didn't screw the last 10 people doesn't mean they aren't going to screw YOU. Don't use that vouch list as a reason to trust someone. If I ever hear someone say "I got scammed... but they had 10 people in their vouch list!" I will ban them. Permanently. On the spot. For being a sheer dumbass.

Comment

yeah, a member has pm'd me before asking how was the sellers service....when i had this on my sig.
                        93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Working...
                        X