Legos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legos.

My mom figured something out about me a while back and its stuck pretty well since. I grew up playing with legos. I had duplos when I was a toddler and moved up to the little pieces before I got to elementary school. I went through it all; space, city, technic.. I even had the 3500 piece technic space shuttle with lights, motorized bay doors, the works. As if its not painfully obvious, Im pretty into cars and not just for the aesthetics or that magical "cool" factor. Ive cluttered up my moms garage time and time again with car parts as my infamous car sat perched on jack stands on her driveway. To her, this was just plain annoying until she figured it all out. Working on my car (as well as my friends' cars) is just an extension of that childhood love of building things with legos. Id never really put the two together, but she finally made the connection late last year when I was going through axles like a fat kid goes through french fries. The fact that I still tinker around with legos (I still have two giant tubs full of em under my bed at her house) probably set her off.

Id put money down that Im not the only one like this. Who else moved from legos to car parts?
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

More like a fat kid with...."wafflefries"

Count me in. I still own a good size tub of legos and occassionally still play with them. I liked the vehicular ones.

Had a racing team set with like 3 cars and a big rig truck to carry them.
    Had a numerous "small box" car sets.
    Had quite a few of the "Rescue" sets. Trucks, quads, boats, helicopters.

I think a Police boat was my first set. Then a Police station and from then i was hooked.

Have like 5 or 6 Big Green Squares. Use those for houses/buildings.

Numerous heads/bodies.

I dont tinker/build with my car like i did with the Legos, but i loved them then, love them now and now, id say ive moved from lego cars to real-life cars.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i was a HUGE lego fan. i still have a large rubbermaid tub of every piece ive ever owned.

back in the day i was constantly playing and building with legos, i started with the basic huge-lego-brick-tub of standard bricks and moved up to technic later on. most of the time i spent with my closest friends was building lego things and finding ways to interface them with other electronics and toys (aluminum foil and tape ohhh yeahhhh) which ultimately led to the Mindstorms lego robotics kit. our ultimate creation was a remote controlled car base with a remote controlled aimable, launchable Estes rocket launcher mounted on top. it was fucking cool as shit.

i have always likened my love for modding and building car stuff to my old love for legos. my mom has often said "dad always hated working on cars, i dont know where you get this from" and i always respond with "mom, cars are my new legos" i am constantly out in the garage, up all night, working on one thing or another.

so yes, i know EXACTLY where youre coming from. thats why i have a huge collection of parts in the garage, and always stuck with the same honda - everything is interchangeable and works together.
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-15-2008, 11:08 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Lego's were too difficult. I could never understand weight/height and "flux capacitor" ratio's ..

I dunno, I kina went from the old Kodak Brownie to the modern day Digital SLR.
        I was taking pictures along with developing and printing via a makeshift darkroom
        at the age of 12 .. I may in fact be catching up on all the daylight hours I've missed in my life
        due to so much darkroom time ..

Lego's .. hmm, they'll never go away and die ..

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

The red ones never tasted like cherry... Always disappointing.

I was a huge Lego fan myself. Also played with Connex and crap... the little triangular pieces that linked together on the sides and were flexible... I forget the name, but I still have a thing I made out of them!

Also made my own toys out of paper. I suppose that explains why I like my crappy old Accords over newer, "better" cars. I was happy with my paper knights, when all the kids were playing with GI Joes (which I also liked... but my knights never had their nuts break off and their gutstring snap!)

Comment

Used to have the 2000 piece drum with the color blue being the rare in it lol.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

LEGOS RULE

I had a huge rubbermaid tube as well. I couldn't get rid of them so I think they ended up in the attic of the house.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Legos ftw, I would always make some pimp as Rv's
                wat?

Comment

i've got legos too. man i remember playing with those on the stairwell because it made a great moon surface. I was always building space ships from spare parts from other Lego kits.

I don't think this help me make the jump to cars because my dad was already having me help him in the garage when i was 6. At that age i was already learning how to change the oil and how to do brakes.

Comment

I was a lego kid too, I had two HUGE tubs of legos. I'm talking like a 2/3 of a cubic yard of legos!

I'm also an insane tinkerer, I pull anything and everything apart I can, just to see how it works, then I put it all back together.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

my mom always told me why don't i ask for barbie dolls like the rest of the little girls......we went to toys'r'us every fridays..and i always came home with legos...lol..i have in my grandfathers house in puerto rico i have in my uncles house in florida....i'm gonna be 26 years old and i refuse to hand them down to my son......beside i bought his ass legos and he either eats them or throws them..but toy cars forget it....he sleeps with them, baths with them, everything with them....lol....i don't know when and why my ass got into cars and love it so much but i sure hope my son and daughter turns the same way..

yeah i diff know what your talking about

Comment

I have at least one big tub of legos still around, I still break it out every once in a while. But my cars still look like boxes with wheels
                        Originally posted by 92dm
                        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                        VOUCHES
                        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

I was never into legos, but I've been building and modifying 1/24 and 1/25 polypropylene model cars since I could sniff.. uh... I mean hold a tube of glue. I think that's where it all started for me. When I found out you could go to hobby stores and buy aftermarket parts for models I thought I might have to change pants.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViV_D_LR8GE part 1, james may on meccano (erector)
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EyIz...eature=related part 2 likewise, on lego

I want you to watch this

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                            where you been, is something wrong?
                            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                              More like a fat kid with...."wafflefries"

Count me in. I still own a good size tub of legos and occassionally still play with them. I liked the vehicular ones.

Had a racing team set with like 3 cars and a big rig truck to carry them.
                              Had a numerous "small box" car sets.
                              Had quite a few of the "Rescue" sets. Trucks, quads, boats, helicopters.

I think a Police boat was my first set. Then a Police station and from then i was hooked.

Have like 5 or 6 Big Green Squares. Use those for houses/buildings.

Numerous heads/bodies.

I dont tinker/build with my car like i did with the Legos, but i loved them then, love them now and now, id say ive moved from lego cars to real-life cars.

I was definitely into it. Oddly, if you can imagine this, one of my ultimate goals in life was to create a lego airplane with fully functioning retracting landing gear. Because we all know that wheels that go up and down are cooler than ones that don't...
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X