Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up with this "testing waters" crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats up with this "testing waters" crap?

Could somebody explain this to me?

"testing waters" means roughly figuring out how much someone will give you for a item, as in checking to see what the items value is on the forum, and to see who will buy it. I hoped i answered your question. Thank you for visiting soysaucecb7 online dictionary.com
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

That does anwser my question, although, if I was trying to sell something, I wouldnt be like "whats it worth to you?" and then try to talk someone up to what I think its worth. But im a salesman, so thats just me.

Comment

well thast not what your supposed to do, when you test the water you simply see what you can get for a part. thats all, if you want to sell an item, you simply name a price and work from there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
          well thast not what your supposed to do, when you test the water you simply see what you can get for a part. thats all, if you want to sell an item, you simply name a price and work from there.
          Good point

Comment

i understand your point, but i still think its kinda stupid. thats like asking... "ok guys, who wants this and how much would you pay for it?... cause its NOT for sale" just a waste of time, imo. its either for sale or its not, quit teasing.

Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-02-2004, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I always thought it ment, you were just checking out to see if anyone was really interested in it. and if people are, then you sell it! if not then you were just testing the water...lmao
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                I always thought it ment, you were just checking out to see if anyone was really interested in it. and if people are, then you sell it! if not then you were just testing the water...lmao
                You are right for example this guy was testing his water LMAO and i bought his car etc... im glad that we had this important chat.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                  ^thats what i always took it to mean...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

its just a tease sometimes

Comment

I always see it as "It's for sale if someone will pay enough for it" Kinda like weighing the options of keeping it or selling it. There are some things that aren't worth selling for too low a price, and if you put it up for sale and then change your mind, it can be shady. Better to let people know that it's a conditional offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X