Fog light frustration..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog light frustration..

<Rant> I personally think fog lights need a name change like, +5 Appearance lights. Actually I don't even think there should be a button for fog lights, whats the point? A lot of people seem to have their fog lights on when its dark outside when there is no fog in sight like its a fashion statement. I think I'm going to start a new trend, driving down the road with my emergency lights on when there is a no emergency just because I think my car looks awesome with them on. Whats even better is when there actually is fog, you'll see some people with fog lights that have their brights on??? I think with such a descriptive name as "FOG LIGHTS" I'm starting to realize why most people in my city don't use their turn signal. </Rant>

Oh and when I was driving today I saw a CD5 with a Skyline GT-R badge, after I was done laughing.. Haha oh wait I never stopped laughing. I think they live in my apartment complex so if I see them I'm going to ask them how much horsepower they're getting out of that skyline badge.
    Last edited by PowderedMilkMan; 04-09-2008, 08:05 PM.

Just wire your fogs to the corner light.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      You didnt read his rant

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        lol thats what im gonna do when i get mine.

work in progress..

Comment

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan
          <Rant> Actually I don't even think there should be a button for fog lights, whats the point? </Rant>

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
          You didnt read his rant
          Yes I did... After that I didn't answer to the remaining rant because I have nothing to say about it.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Foglights on at night shows the road up better than just headlights. Maybe not much, but it does help, and there can be no arguing that point.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
              Foglights on at night shows the road up better than just headlights. Maybe not much, but it does help, and there can be no arguing that point.
              agreed thats why mine are always on at night it lets me see better up close
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                agreed thats why mine are always on at night it lets me see better up close

I have mine on in the daytime to, but that IS just because it looks friggin sweet.
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                  If you can't see the road without fog lights you 1) Shouldn't be driving or 2) Fix your low beams. There is no reason you need fog lights because thats what headlights are for. Fog lights are designed to be low to the ground so when there is fog on the road, your "fog" lights will illuminate the road below the fog. In Europe they enforce laws that keep people from driving with their fog lights on when visibility is clear. If fog lights aren't installed correctly, which most aren't including manufacture installed fog lights, they can blind other drivers during non foggy situations. I have been blinded by many drivers who drive behind me with their fog lights on and its annoying. What if people started driving with their high beams on because they thought it "looked cool?"

Comment

If you can't deal with it, YOU shouldn't be driving.
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan
                      What if people started driving with their high beams on because they thought it "looked cool?"
                      when i was riding to school with my friend...he never turned his highbeams off. its because WE DONT GIVE A SHIT.<<<and thats the same reason people drive with their fog lights on.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

fog lights look cooler than emergency lights.

I am just going to wire mine to my daytime running lights. run them all the time. My fog lights switch will be used to turn them off.
                        DEVOTE

Comment

Having you lights on all the time helps others notice you also. Less chance of getting ownd by someone who didn't notice you.

Comment

if i had foglights, id probably have them turned on anytime it was dark out.

i drive with my headlights on all the time, even when its not dark.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Some tool was following me the other night with his fogs on (and they were friggen bright).... but, as soon as he wasn't on my ass (I'd speed up or he'd slow down) he would shut them off..... he was just being a retard.

I need to get a spotlight for such situations hahha.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
                              X