Wait hold the phone!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait hold the phone!!!!

So an A6 header, fits on a A1 or A4 block? So your telling me if I would have got a EX header I would have improved my low end horsepower? Someone tell me this is untrue, because that is just stupid if it is.

f22A6 mani fits on f22A4//f22A1 with no problem (i think a4 already comes with a 4-2-1 header). its true, it does bump up low-end tq.. y's it stupid???
    Last edited by 92accordf20a; 02-08-2005, 08:23 PM. Reason: mistake

My Ride

Comment

if this is true why would anyone ask for a DC header ,like myself, and specify whether you needed a dx/lx or ex, wouldn't we all want the EX since it would be rated better, and like you have just stated universal? that doesnt make sense to me

Comment

i think some people felt a difference from a stock 4-2-1 header design to the dc sports, i alweays ask myself the same question....dont quote me on that

anyways there is a diff from the a4 and a6 header but its barley any difference, the piping is still 4-2-1 but its arranged differntly and its not worth for me to get one and test it out lol. i doubt there is any power difference
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

You have to specify because of the location of the O2 bung. A1 has it in the primaries, A4/A6 have it in the flex-pipe.
          -Jay

Comment

off topic but.. where have you been accordztech? I miss you

Comment

also, i have seen some companies........i think chikara......that make you specify because they only give you the upper portion, using your stock downpipe. i also think ractive does this.....i remember when i bought my dc.,.....i was gonna get the ractive header for an ex and i have an lx.....

Comment

Actually, the torque peak is lower in the A1, what you will gain (if ahything) is a little top-end hp. Also, if you go this route you have to cut up your engine harness to relocate the O2 sensor. Just get an aftermarket header that is made for an A1.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

y is it stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
                    y is it stupid?

first of all i think ur car bra is stupid, ive been wanting to say that for awhile.

but the reason it is stupid is.....IF a DC EX header has more HP than an DC LX/DX and they both fit eachother, why would anyone buy that LX/DX header, when they can get more performance out of the EX header that has more HP. do you want me to explain it one more time?

the ex is better, yet they are universal with dx/lx headers. so whats the point in buying a lx and dx when you get more with the ex?

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenDX
                      first of all i think ur car bra is stupid, ive been wanting to say that for awhile.

but the reason it is stupid is.....IF a DC EX header has more HP than an DC LX/DX and they both fit eachother, why would anyone buy that LX/DX header, when they can get more performance out of the EX header that has more HP. do you want me to explain it one more time?

the ex is better, yet they are universal with dx/lx headers. so whats the point in buying a lx and dx when you get more with the ex?
                      that first comment is absolutely unnecessary.

its not stupid. for stock headers, the a6 one was better because it had 4-2-1 collectors. when buying a DC header, they are all the same... so the DC EX header is just as good as teh DC LX/DX header... now the reason DC requires you to specify is because the EX had the O2 sensor in a different location than the LX/DX... thats the ONLY reason why you specify, it doesnt affect whether or not the DC is better than the other DC.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

only our 4th gen accord share this common dx,lx,ex one size fit all header. But all other honda accord 5th,6th,7th gen any 1994 and up accord header dx,lx are different from EX model header. We are the only lucky gen who get to use EX header on our DX and LX which is a rare thing, that why DC sport ask which model dx,lx, ex when you buy, since it does not know that our 4th gen header is universal on all model. So if you have the money buy dc sport 4-2-1 header, if not an used EX 4-2-1 header will be just as good and much cheaper.. your talking about 1-3whp different from DC to used ex header on mild mod N/A car...
                        90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                        < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

so a question remains...

is a 4-2-1 A6/a4 header just as good as a dc header?
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hey now there is no need to put my car down..i have put a lot of work into it man, you have probably did nothing, which seems obvious from the question you asked..but anyway my car doesnt have the bra anymore(it was on there to hide a couple dents) and i will be getting a Carbon fiber hood here in the next month, then you can make fun of my hood if you want, because then i know it will be out of jealousy...so in conclusion, dont make fun of others cars.
                            Last edited by 91AccordLX; 02-09-2005, 09:44 AM.

Comment

wow dude. u should really show us ur car,,, because i see u making fun other peples car,, then ur car should be a fucking space ship.
                              just by searching and just by looking at some dumm pic u would have gotten ur answer.
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                              X