CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Other Automotive > Other Automotive Members Rides

Old 02-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
foamypirate
Generous Douchebag

foamypirate seems to have made some friends! foamypirate seems to have made some friends!
Foamypirate: 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

Howdy,

I ended up selling my Accord V6-6 Sedan recently because my knee has been acting up and I couldn't comfortably drive it anymore. Figured I'd put few dollars into savings and get something a little bit cheaper. I wound up with this almost mint 58k mile, 1 owner 1991 Chevy Caprice Classic.

I've currently got the dash apart to replace the cluster, as the speedometer died. I also took the opportunity to clean up the stereo wiring and install some 90* RCA adapters so the stereo would sit flush. The PO had it sticking out of the dash...

It's got the towing package, so it has an external oil cooler, heavy duty cooling system, heavy duty suspension, front and rear swaybars, and a limited slip differential. Basically a civilian version of the 9C1 minus the 350 V8 (this has a TBI 305).

Pics:

The best part, it comes with a limited slip differential!

foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Nice dude!

I always felt that climbing into one of these is like getting into bed. So fucking comfy.

They look menacing too.

Any plans?
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
foamypirate
Generous Douchebag

foamypirate seems to have made some friends! foamypirate seems to have made some friends!
For now, I'm mostly just doing maintenance to bring it up to snuff. I put in a new thermostat, O2, and PCV valve to get it ready for emissions testing. Shortly, I'll be redoing the entire suspension to freshen it up.

Down the road, I'd like to repower it with a 5.3L LS based motor of some variety. Without emissions equipment, they make about 340HP at the crank, which should be plenty for this thing. It will make an excellent cruiser with the 5.3L, and be pretty quick to boot, thanks to the LSD differential.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Accrdwgnguy
Contributing Member

Accrdwgnguy seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Accrdwgnguy
Aww man, that thing is awesome.

I'll ask around my local b-body forum for a radio bezel, I know one of the member had a red one from a TBI 9C1 a few months ago. All you'd need then is custom mixed SEM from vinylpro.com

Hows the dash pad?

Also, while you are at it...... http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=299842
Accrdwgnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
AAPOQ
Procrastinator

AAPOQ seems to have made some friends! AAPOQ seems to have made some friends!
That thing is pretty minty, nice pick up
AAPOQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
markrutherford
CB7tuner Member

markrutherford is cool... so far.
I've had 3 of these and a wagon and love them!! Great pick up and it looks like there isn't any rust. Lucky!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451
markrutherford is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: