Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Belts help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Belts help

as the title says i need some insight. In the swap index it dosent talk much about the belts that need to be used on the p/s pump, alternator, and the A/C pump. Right now my setup will be the prelude p/s pump with the prelude alt and the accord A/C (obviously). So im going to use the prelude belt for the p/s but what about the a/c and the alt? The A/C is skinnier than all the prelude stuff so is it ok to use a belt that will be too skinny on the prelude stuff?

which crank pulley you gonna be running?

all four of the prelude pulleys are smaller, so by mixing and matching, youll probably need to get a shorter belt... you can get them in various inch sizes.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

As mentioned by mike just take your existing belt.
      1. Wrap it around and see how much slack you got.
      2. Estimate how much slack you dont want.
      3. Bring your belt to a parts store and tell them how much shorter you need.
      4. Get 2 belts or however many you prefer and bring it home to see if it fits.
      5. If it fits return the one that doesnt.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You could always use a tape measure like the one they use in clothing stores. Feed that around like a belt and it'll give you the length you need (as long as you get one long enough)

Also... Prelude PS? Accord bracket? I believe the PS pump hits the hood using the Prelude bracket... (been a while... not that I did my own anyway!)

Comment

Well usually you will need a belt 1-2" shorter. I used one 2" shorter before I took mine off. The only belt I had to get was the ps one. The alternator and so on I used the stock one and fit just fine since I used all accord parts.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the pumps only fit with their matching bracket... using the larger accord pump and bracket on the larger H22 makes it stick up too high, and sometimes hits the hood.

nail and deev are right, its a matter of measuring and trial and error... if u dont have a tape measure, wrap a string around, and then measure that.

and as far as running a thinner 5 rib accord belt on a 6 rib prelude pulley, that doesnt matter, just leave the outermost rib empty.

Current cars:

Comment

thanks for the help. Im new to engine swapping so i have a lot of questions. Does it matter what crank pulley i use? What is your reccomendation on that because i was just trying to keep everything prelude for simplicity but should I put on the f22 crank pulley then run the accord alt? I have already made up my mind that I am running the Prelude p/s and bracket

Comment

Originally posted by AccordReborn
                thanks for the help. Im new to engine swapping so i have a lot of questions. Does it matter what crank pulley i use? What is your reccomendation on that because i was just trying to keep everything prelude for simplicity but should I put on the f22 crank pulley then run the accord alt? I have already made up my mind that I am running the Prelude p/s and bracket
                I'd just run the Accord pulley and Alt. The PS belt is the same between the two engines (same P/N), so it won't matter if you do that.
                1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji
                  I'd just run the Accord pulley and Alt. The PS belt is the same between the two engines (same P/N), so it won't matter if you do that.
                  ^ i agree.

Current cars:

Comment

I used the prelude alternator w/accord a/c with accord pully with accord belt. Works fine.

My swap thread
                    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                      I used the prelude alternator w/accord a/c with accord pully with accord belt. Works fine.
                      ive tried that at least 3 times, every time i was unable to get the belt sufficiently tight by the time i ran out of tensioner room. i added spacers to give myself more tension room, but it still squeaked often from being loose. when i do that, i usually opt for a belt 1" or so shorter than the stock accord belt.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        ive tried that at least 3 times, every time i was unable to get the belt sufficiently tight by the time i ran out of tensioner room. i added spacers to give myself more tension room, but it still squeaked often from being loose. when i do that, i usually opt for a belt 1" or so shorter than the stock accord belt.
                        Really? Well I didn't have to add any spacers or anything and I didn't have any problems with the belt being to big. I'll see if I can take some pictures.

My swap thread

Comment

It looks from the picture like I may have put a washer on the adjuster bolt. I'm to lazy to go back and check though, and I can't remember what I did a year ago. You can tell by the unused extra rib that I'm using the prelude alternator.

Unfortunatly the belt is not showing the part number in view, but you can tell I'm using the accord pully here.

My swap thread

Comment

i went through the same shit.....i just ended up going through like 9 belts....
                            SILLY RICER, USELESS WINGS ARE FOR PENGUINS

Comment

so what would be the best way to go then? based on the info given im thinking this:
                              -f22 crank pulley
                              -prelude p/s pump (h22 bracket)
                              -accord alternator (h22 bracket????)
                              -accord A/C (F22 bracket)

what do you guys think? I think i should be able to use the prelude stock p/s belt with this setup unless the crank pulley is a different size

Comment

Working...
                              X