Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how to use seafoam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use seafoam?

Oddly enough, there are no directions on the bottle, so how and when do i put it in my gas tank? The guy at the store told me when the tank if full, but for other products its always when the tank is empty?
    thanks

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

this is the way i always did it
    When Added to Fuel Tank

* Cleans fuel injectors and carburetor jets
    * Cleans carbon as you drive
    * Lubricates upper cylinders
    * De-ices and removes moisture
    * Diesel full conditioner and anti gel
    * Stabilizes fuel

One pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel (average 1 ounce per gallon).

Carbon Cleaner Treatment:

This is a standard maintenance cleaning that Honda does on vehicles. Its normally called a carbon treatment / top-end treatment. Its a great way to help clean the carbon & gunk from inside your motor. It goes all the way through the intake manifold to the exhaust. Cleaning valves , ports and more on the way. This treatment will usually run you $50 dollars at Honda or other shops. (We highly recommend Honda as they will be more likely to do it right)

You can do this at home for $5 dollars. The only problem is finding the product to do this. There are quite a few of them out , but the problem is people get confused about what your asking. The one product that I found years ago that works great is SeaFoam. You can find it at Napa Autoparts. This product resembles and performs exactly like Honda's carbon service. You can maybe try other places / products , but just make sure its meant to go in the intake manifold & will remove carbon.

Usage:

Follow these simple directions.

Prep:

1. First, Make sure to use the whole can.
    2. You will be using this on two sides of the intake manifold.
    3. It might be easier to work with the cleaner if you pour it into a small cup.
    4. Perform this on a warm engine.
    5. When revving the car make sure your in a well ventilated open area.
    6. Do not use on motors with over 150k on them.

Directions:

1. Disconnect one of the hoses leading to the intake manifold, towards the throttle body or directly into the throttle body if you can easily do that.
    2. Use a little more than half of the can on the first side.
    3. Have someone throttling the car when it needs it , and just keep giving it gulps of the stuff. (get the tube into the liquid) If you have the correct part or tubing setup so you can just flow in the right amount the whole time...then you already know what to do. If not just watch it and try to get it in there efficiently, but don't take forever.
    4. Now pull a hose towards the middle / rear of the intake manifold. This will now get more liquid to the other side of the motor. (the main concern is that your not just dumping it all on one side , as the liquid will not be acting the same as air.)
    5. Once its about all used, dump in enough to shut off the motor, then wait for 5 minutes.
    6. Now restart car , and rev the motor. Going for a drive wont really allow for what you need to do safely. High Revving and quick WOT (Wide Open Throttle) depresses. Then letting the car settle some , then quick presses. Change it up make it a little random. This should get the engine to rock back and forth a bit. This also helps shake things out a bit.
    7. Then turn car off, Reset your ECU and your ready to go.

Last edited by 91accord4door; 12-11-2005, 01:37 AM.

Comment

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

did they stop printing hte directions on the side of hte can? last one i used, it had it right on the back...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Easy For Me

All i did is Take off the brake booster Vaccum and while my GF ran car poured a 3rd can into it reving pulses , watching smoke then shut it off for a few minutes reconnected brake vaccum hose and started car and ran it around the block til smoke stopped and car was smooth idleing like a kitten purring , then i added 3rd can to full tank of petro and off i went car has run smooth since ,, hope this helps PM me if u want a pic showing the brake line im talkin about its not hard truthfully Good Luck
          -Sean- AKA Noxidea
          Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

i was getting two CELs, one for fuel system and one for O2 sensor... grabbed two cans of seafoam, dumped a full can in a full gas tank, and heres the story about the other can...

i parked at the back of an empty parking lot, and revved the engine while i slowly poured the can into the brake booster line (small funnel helps)... it makes the motor stutter and smoke like crazy. at the very end of the can, dump it in quick enough to let the motor stall out from being flooded. let it sit 10-15 mins (let the seafoam soak) then try to start the car... itll sputter and smoke for a while till u get it running, then itll smoke horrribly for a while after. make sure all the windows are closed and hte vents arent blowing air or ur interior will stink lol. off topic, it smoked so bad i had a cop notice the billowing smoke and came over to see if my car was on fire. anyway then u should take it for a run down the highway for 15-20 mins to burn it all out.

Current cars:

Comment

is this seafoam a blue liquid? My budddy who works at tire plus hooked a bottle with some type of blue liquid to a vacuum hose on my car while it was on and them revved the fuck out of it while it smoked the whole block. He says if cleans the carbon from my engine.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                is this seafoam a blue liquid? My budddy who works at tire plus hooked a bottle with some type of blue liquid to a vacuum hose on my car while it was on and them revved the fuck out of it while it smoked the whole block. He says if cleans the carbon from my engine.
                yessir, its clear bluish.

by the way, i totally forgot to finish my story - as for the two check engine lights i had, after running the seafoam and a couple hours of driving, both of them went away and ive never had a problem since. and to think i was about to buy a new O2 and fuel filter, when all it needed was 10 bucks worth of seafoam.

Current cars:

Comment

Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan! Worship SATAN! Worship Satan!

- Zipcreature
                  Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

either you really hate seafoam, or a demon logged on as you and made a post.

Current cars:

Comment

Any reason not to use on a car with more than 150k on it? I just hit 160 and I KNOW my motor is carboned up real bad....

Comment

Originally posted by sj960
                        Any reason not to use on a car with more than 150k on it? I just hit 160 and I KNOW my motor is carboned up real bad....
                        200k and all it did was help. supposed to soften and rejuvenate rubber seals too, so the older and drier urs are the more it should help...

Current cars:

Comment

I'm going to put mine in the gas tank tonight, do i have to drive it around or can i just put it in and turn my car off?

Mike - how many screen names do you have

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                          www.maketradefair.com

Comment

is this stuff a fuel treatment, or is it used like gunk?

Comment

I took off my intake hose and poured it in through the throttle body.
                              Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X