Cruise buttons 91 Prelude Si Steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise buttons 91 Prelude Si Steering wheel

I am considering installing one of these.

I know the steering wheel will fit the CB7, I'm just unsure of whether the cruise will be plug and play. My questions to anyone who's tried this before are

1. is getting the steering mounted cruise to work 'plug and play'?
    2. if not, did you get the cruise buttons to work, if yes... how?

Also, does anyone know the size of the nut that holds the steering wheel in place?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by palinix; 09-06-2007, 11:54 PM.

Members Ride Thread

i like the stock cb7 steering wheel better.... plugs probally wont be plug and play but you can probally use your old switch.... i put a Grant wheel on mine and bolted my crusie cntrl to the black column cover and its a 19mm nut holding it on

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Thanks accord2nr81

Yeah it's about the same size, but the grip is thicker and I think it would look cool in the cb7. I think it would be a nice replacement for a non airbag steering wheel.

edit: look at my post count... hahaha

Members Ride Thread

Comment

nice looking wheel u got there buddy

im not too sure about the switch being PnP, u have to open up the steering and look at the socket.

EDIT: Oh Noes, Palinix. u shud not post anymore. hahaha

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
        Honda Accord Euro-R
        Honda Odyssey Absolute
        Honda City I-DSi
        Honda Stream

Comment

Does that have an airbag? I think it looks pretty nice.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
            nice looking wheel u got there buddy

im not too sure about the switch being PnP, u have to open up the steering and look at the socket.

EDIT: Oh Noes, Palinix. u shud not post anymore. hahaha
            Yeah blizzard.... no more triple six now though... wish I could freeze my post count.

I don't have one in my possession yet, but I know where I can find one.

Yeah I'll double check to see if fitting the wheel itself is PnP.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
              Does that have an airbag? I think it looks pretty nice.
              Nope no airbag. Yeah I think it would look sweet in a cb!

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I dunno. It looks sweet.

I kinda want to keep the airbag though... safety? Even though I could care less my abs doesn't work. hah.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

youll have to see how the stock buttons are wired through the original wheel... if it doesnt already, i bet you could retain the accord cable spool behind that lude wheel, but you may need to drill 2 holes and cut a third for the wires. if you can get the accord wires inside of the lude wheel, just match up the buttons to the right wires.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                    I kinda want to keep the airbag though... safety? Even though I could care less my abs doesn't work. hah.
                    Yeah I probably would too, if I had a 92/93.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      youll have to see how the stock buttons are wired through the original wheel... if it doesnt already, i bet you could retain the accord cable spool behind that lude wheel, but you may need to drill 2 holes and cut a third for the wires. if you can get the accord wires inside of the lude wheel, just match up the buttons to the right wires.
                      Yeah that would be awesome if I could transfer the spool to the lude steering wheel.

This wheel I'm planning to get is at a junkyard with plenty of cbs so I can easily do a little test fitting to make sure.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

The cruise control wiring is simple. Simply cut the Prelude wheel plug off, and replace it with the one on the Accord. Then it will plug right in. I remember the wire colors being mostly obvious, but you can always verify with a wiring diagram.

The steering wheel will physically fit the Accords shaft, but the spacing is different. You will have to build a spacer, and then notch the spacer to operate the Accord steering column turn signal reel. You will see what I am talking about.

I used 4 aluminum auto tranny crush washers, and it worked great. Just JB Weld them to steering wheel, and they will be plenty sturdy. They are just there for spacing and aren't structural. It will also allow your spacer to turn with the wheel, operating the turn signals.

This will place the wheel fairly far out on the steering column splines, so you will want to either find a newer lower profile nut for the wheel, or you will want to use some threadlock to make sure it stays on there.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks, that really helps a lot!

How does the prelude steering wheel feel in the CB compared to the stock one?

Even though it's almost the same size, one of the reasons I like it is because the grip feels thicker.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
                            Thanks, that really helps a lot!

How does the prelude steering wheel feel in the CB compared to the stock one?

Even though it's almost the same size, one of the reasons I like it is because the grip feels thicker.

Honestly, it is probably the best tactile upgrade I have made. The hand grip is thicker, which makes it more comfortable. It is also just slightly smaller in diameter, and I wrapped mine in a Catskins leather wrap, which makes it feel wonderful. I originally wanted a MOMO wheel, but I like this setup better, and the CC buttons are perfectly integrated.

I have had nothing but compliments on it from people who can tell it is not a stock Accord wheel, and it looks more aggressive.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              Honestly, it is probably the best tactile upgrade I have made. The hand grip is thicker, which makes it more comfortable. It is also just slightly smaller in diameter, and I wrapped mine in a Catskins leather wrap, which makes it feel wonderful. I originally wanted a MOMO wheel, but I like this setup better, and the CC buttons are perfectly integrated.

I have had nothing but compliments on it from people who can tell it is not a stock Accord wheel, and it looks more aggressive.
                              That's good to hear. Now I really want one!

I want to get this one at a local junkyard, I just hope it will clean up well because it's a little dusty. Apart from that, it seems to be in decent shape. We'll see.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X