No announcement yet.

February 2008 Photo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the deal with submission...why dont people just post their pic in the forum?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Because then people know who it is and sometimes these things just turn into a popularity contest and you know from then on. Leaving the names anonymous lets the person judge the picture freely. For example someone might have a bad ass picture but the person hates them and doesnt vote for them. Just bias' like that that make anonymity better.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok fair enough...will they be publicly posted?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

the poll will be public. after the poll then the sn/name of the photographer will be posted. pretty much this is wut i had in mind

email submission to me
          i create a thread with all the pics hosted on flikr, so resolution isnt decreased
          have a public poll
          poll ends we have a winner
          create a gallery for all the submissions with the photographer's name
          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

I'm not even entirely happy with the image I submitted, but I'll let it be. Done is done.
            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
            '93 EX 5-speed coupe
            Short ram intake
            Tenrai Himoto catback
            Smashed front end
            Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

there is no limit on submissions, so send them in!
              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                wow people finally noticed this thread? i know color and compositions is vague but this is what makes a better photographer. if i or someone were to just give you a specific topic most likely alot of you guys would just take "snapshots" of subject. with composition being one of the first topics you guys are forced to think from the start. rather than just go out and take pix see what comes out good or not.

who honestly thinks about their composition before taking a picture? besides the people here with photo background or with some sort of background in it? im pretty sure no one does. alot of people just say oh this looks cool let me take a pic of that.

camurai join the contest even with experience no one is the best/perfect.
                I like vague. Brings out the creativity in everyone.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i only have received one photo so far. deadline in a few days guys
                  So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

word dog.

I dont think im going to participate in this. I haven't been able to take pics becaues id ont have the imagination to do it. i duno, ...i think whats his face...camurai is going to win. he is hella good.........

p.s.

beer pong rocks!!!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

NOBODY is going to participate? Damn, that's not much of a contest. Come on people! You have 12 more days! Get out there and get snapping! Have fun with it! There has GOT to be more color in other areas of the country than this black & white wasteland I'm living in! Let's see it!
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                        Slightly different rules. In the meantime while there isn't an active mod on this section. I'll be in charge of the photo contest and NO i will not be eligible to submit an entry to eliminate bias. Winner of every month is eligible for photo of the year contest, just like accord of the month and year.

RULES:
                        • Only one picture per member.
                        • Maximum resolution of 1024 by 1024. However smaller resolution is fine just do not go over.
                        • Using photoshop as a tool to enhance your photos is allowed but no crazy alterations are allowed. A good photographer doesn't rely on post processing alterations.
                        • Entires must be emailed to me by 12 am on the 21st of every month @ nghtrydr23@yahoo.com
                        • Entires must also be shot after the new topic has been given, not prior. Which means you cannot use an existing photo that you already shot or have in your hard drive.
                        • Along with the photo entry, members are also required to post the type of camera used, focal length, ISO, aperture and, shutter speed, and whether or not a flash was used.
                        • Only post your entry on the thread. Do not post pictures that you do not want to be included on the contest. Please do not share them online as well until you are ready to submit your entry to eliminate plagiarism.
                        • Discussions are allowed on the thread.
                        • Signatures are NOT allowed on the entries to create a fair game for everyone

1/21/08-2/20/08
                        Starting from the basics is the key on success so this month's topic will be based on composition and color. Please discuss and start snapping. Photos of anything are allowed but please do remember judging will be based on the topic which is composition and color.

Some members had already asked me what is the meaning of compostion. It is the organization or grouping of the different parts of a work of art so as to achieve a unified whole; the act of combining parts or elements to form a whole.
                        You know, I was thinking of starting something like this but you beat me to it lol!! I bet we will see a number of different views throughout the camera. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Originally posted by Juice21
                        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                        Originally posted by GameChewer
                        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          word dog.

I dont think im going to participate in this. I haven't been able to take pics becaues id ont have the imagination to do it. i duno, ...i think whats his face...camurai is going to win. he is hella good.........

p.s.

beer pong rocks!!!
                          Dude don't give me that, you got talent now put it to use!!!!!!!

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

i won't be participating in this as well.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Wow, that's gonna be a hell of a voting procedure. One photo. "Which one do I choose? I can't decide!!!"

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end

Comment

looks like i got more homework to do tomorrow.. lol
                                -:¦:-
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                                X