Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you've never tried Paint Shop Pro....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you've never tried Paint Shop Pro....

I highly suggest it!

Previously owned by Jasc, but recently purchased by Corel, Paint Shop Pro is a tool very similar to Photoshop, but a bit more user friendly.
    I use nothing but Corel Paint Shop Pro XI. Tried Photoshop a bit, and was not as satisfied with the results.

Check out what can be done with one simple step in PSP:

unedited pic... doesnt look horrible, but lacks color depth.

this is after some simple slide cross-processing emulation (using chemicals for negatives to develop slides, vice versa) notice how much deeper the greens are. it looks like the pic was taken with a much more expensive camera with a much better lens.

pretty neat, huh!

heres another before and after I've edited using Paint Shop Pro

unedited:

edited:

notice the top of the light pole is removed. this can be done with the scratch removal tool.

changing the background on pics is simple. just roughly select the focal point in your photo using the lasso selection tool, paste it as a new image, go back to the original and edit it as you would like your background edited (blurred, b&w, whatever). Grab the cutout, and re-paste it as a layer over the edited background. you can then use the eraser tool to clean up the rough edges of the layered cutout. the eraser will only affect the top layer (or until the layers are merged).
    here's a few variations on a pic of a friends '04 V6 6MT Coupe I did up a while back.

that last one looks pretty damn trippy, if you ask me

so don't be discouraged if you're having a hard time with Photoshop... it's not the only answer.

Corel Paint Shop Pro is simple and powerful enough for almost anyone's needs.

this indeed is a neat program.

noob question, but where could someone get a hold of such program and is there a fee for its use?
    Members Ride

Comment

^Piracy, my friend....
      Last edited by Frazzums; 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
      ----
      02 Pontiac Firebird W68
      92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

I have Adobe CS3 and Corel's paintshop programs on my laptop but i prefer Corel's because it's just more friendly for an amateur like me.

i first tested it out on my pictures that i took at an anime convention in Clevenland back in June.

The camera i was using a Fuji S5200. the built in flash kinda sucks so i mainly try to take pics outside using natural light and adjust the ISO accordingly.

Colossalcon2007
        i'm not finished working on those pics yet because i still have a crap load of Naruto ones to upload too.
        Last edited by Leung; 07-13-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Jasc PSP is a great program. . it's perfect for quick touch-ups and Non-multi layered jobs. I use it for quick photochops on my PC. it has a very friendly interface(imo).

It's definitely an under-rated program. I still use adobe majority of the time.. but I'd highly reccomend paint shop pro if you don't have access to photoshop.

it's also cheaper if u buy these programs but who does
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

i think Best Buy had it in their ad like a few weeks ago for only 50 bucks after a mail in rebate. i hate mail in rebates.

Comment

Nice looking pics buddy..
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

lol I had Corel on my laptop. I deleted it oh well lol.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X