Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    thanks man.... im really trying to draw myself away from fixing shit in photoshop i could have avoided in camera.... these are basically untouched however.
    I know for a good fact that they weren't touched with photoshop. Your skills to me have proven that. Your images always come out so nicely done, so sharp and vivid.. your skills still amaze me.

Oh yeah, local newspapers should always be looking for new photographers. You can try that out even though you got that auto magazine already. Just a though.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

thanks bro, that means a lot to me. im still working on it, and im never satisfied..... getting better slowly but surely.... taking these pics earlier today felt like the good old days... where it was just me a camera and a car. thats where it all began for me.

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

You really have a good chance of getting your name out there because of the people you can talk to on tach and on here. But whatever magazine you are going to start shooting with is great, even if it isn't a huge name. If you mind me asking, what magazine is it?

Thanks on the compliment by the way, sounds like I'm starting similarly to how you did. Hopefully I get as good as you

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

So you set up two flashes and snapped away?

That sky looks like it could have turned out really well with some HDR, just for fun.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

i HATE hdr.... i prefer one exposure, no overdone pp... and getting it right in camera..... and yeah it was three flashes set up

The Chronicles.

Comment

That's understandable. HDR is a whole different kind of art in my opinion.

Comment

i HATE hdr.... i prefer one exposure, no overdone pp... and getting it right in camera..... and yeah it was three flashes set up
                How do you get the sky to look that good?
                wat?

Comment

flash man.

underexpose for the sky and have the flashes light the subject.

The Chronicles.

Comment

flash man.

underexpose for the sky and have the flashes light the subject.
                    ok that makes sense, what kind of exposure time were those?
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                      That's understandable. HDR is a whole different kind of art in my opinion.
                      i agree, i also think it takes away from photography.... everyone thinks "oh ill just HDR so the sky pops." etc... just my opinion.... i think its pretty cheesey 90%+ of the time.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        ok that makes sense, what kind of exposure time were those?
                        200th of a second i believe.... somewhere in there.

all hand held.

The Chronicles.

Comment

200th of a second i believe.... somewhere in there.

all hand held.
                          ok cool, i totally agree with you on the hdr .
                          wat?

Comment

i agree, i also think it takes away from photography.... everyone thinks "oh ill just HDR so the sky pops." etc... just my opinion.... i think its pretty cheesey 90%+ of the time.
                            It can look cheesy, I've only tried with two pictures and it indeed looks bad. (My skill at fault). I think it is an effective way to make an otherwise boring picture more interesting though. For example: A nicely composed/exposed parking garage car shot is pretty common but maybe trying some HDR with it is just a little different and more interesting.

It also allows for shooting in bad conditions and still coming out with some cool pictures.

It's a fad for right now (fun to mess with), and we will see where it goes.

A GOOD HDR picture is no easier than a GOOD out of the camera picture.

Comment

i disagree.... u can get a lot more out of an image with external lighting.... it comes down to more then a correct exposure. hdr can be good stuff however i think its much easier to sit in front of a computer screen and take ur time then to get it in camera.... and almost falls under the category of graphic design.

The Chronicles.

Comment

The computer editing part, I agree. However, choosing the right place to use HDR, like finding a good picture spot can be difficult.

I wish I was artsy enough to do graphic design. (I promise, I'm not.) Maybe I should try more HDR! haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X