my photography progress**56k, you wish**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my photography progress**56k, you wish**

alright, for the past few weeks, I have REALLY started to take photography serious.

I will update this thread with new pics as much as I can, or mostly when i feel it's actually worthy of some good C&C.

I have an Olympus SP-350. I bought it about a 2 weeks ago I think, and its the best purchase I have made in a LONG time. I have since then read the manual as much as possible to get myself acquainted with my new machine. I have also been researching on a few web sites on photography. Mostly to do with the "mechanics" of photography(learning all about aperture, f-stops, shutter speed, exposure..etc.)

My favorite site so far has been www.megapixel.net

I also joined www.accessphoto.com. A great photography discussion forum. I really like it because most members on there also love cars and photographing cars.

anyways, on with the pics.

* I still am experimenting on which border i like best, so you will see a few different borders. so I ask you to bare with me and not point that out, lol.*

**I need to start taking notes of all the settings I use on each picture, so I'm sorry in advance for not taking those down either.**

11-1-2006

these were my first nice pictures with the camera, it was after i had spent all week learning about what aperture and shutter speed are about.
    I also learned how to add borders to my photographs, lol.

11-3-2006
    First night shots with my camera
    this one, i messed around in Paintshop Pro.

this one is all camera

this is a photoshop of the one above

11-7-2006

not much to say on this one, except i wish i had a wide angle lens

these are my best ones(imo) thus far. They have not been adjusted except the borders.
    I also just switched to imageshack b/c photobucket really makes my pictures look crappy.

Last edited by d112crzy; 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

NICE!!!!!!!

Comment

good pics. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

nice pics..

so how much was the camera???

Comment

199.99 at Costco.

it is NOT a dslr of any sort. I will most likely get a dslr in a about a year or so, when prices drop a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            199.99 at Costco.

it is NOT a dslr of any sort. I will most likely get a dslr in a about a year or so, when prices drop a bit more.
            shiet...i need a new camera LOL...

i have to get a camera on black friday..

Comment

nice pics, I'm impressed

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

just make sure you do your hw on the camera you want to buy.

I spent about 3 weeks researching before i made a final decision. My friends helped me tho(blackice and SMseagren83). When i first started looking into cameras, i found one and immediately wanted it. I would look at a picture taken by it and thought it was the camera for me.

They told me to shop around more, and more and more. I researched probably like 4 different cameras that i was interested in. I researched its all its modes, the mp(not that it really matters), the sensor sensitivity and people's reviews. I also went to every store possible to find these cameras and played with each of them quite a bit.

do your research man.

Comment

they look really good.... my only suggestion is for the wheels to be facing the camera.... never take shots of a car and have the wheels faced away from the camera... its kind of a general rule... also id say mess with manual functions most of all

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

i agree with accordaffair

Comment

nice job man!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

berry good!

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                          they look really good.... my only suggestion is for the wheels to be facing the camera.... never take shots of a car and have the wheels faced away from the camera... its kind of a general rule... also id say mess with manual functions most of all
                          gotcha! I always fine myself trying to decide which way i should face the wheels. I never even thought about that they should face the camera, lol.

thanks for the tip man.

Comment

no problem and i also like the natural lighting a bit better thn the photoshopped version of thsat one shot.... i see where u were headed with it tho....

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

yea,I have trouble deciding which one i like best. i guess it really depends on your mood, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X