Photography Junkies Check in. Need help with this Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography Junkies Check in. Need help with this Photo

This is my ultimate mistake, but I was using the Nikon D70 for this shoot, and I had it on "automatic" setting. What can get rid of the grain in this picture? Any suggestions would be great.

Thats a cool shot.

Comment

Just a quick shop .. gave it a try ..

That was just a couple of minutes worth .. if I worked on it for longer .. who knows ..

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-30-2006, 10:43 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I dont think the Dust in the air helps the matter any.

i cant see Pakalolo's picture right now because work has photobucket blocked. but i would suggest mabye darkening the area around the firefighter? It would both get rid of a lot of grain, and bring focus to the main part of the photo

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips and compliments guys. Pakolokooklok, what tool did you use to shop that?

Thanks

Comment

Nice picture. I think you can use the noise function but basically that just blurs the stuff a bit. BUt if you adjust that and some shadows/highlight should give you a better picture maybe.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

It looks as if Tomi isolated the sun ray so as to not allow it to darken along with the rest. It even looks like he may have brightened just that while darkening the rest?

There are ways to prevent digital noise beforehand (low ISO, fast lens, tripod etc.), but once it's taken the most effective way to minimize it is with a specialized anti-noise plugin, and good ones cost some bux. Or maybe a camera with a bigger image chip to allow higher ISO speeds w/o the noise ...
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Yep I learned that the hard way lol before I read how to set my canon a80 I used to auto now I sometimes borrow my friends tripod and turn down the ISO to the lowest setting. Im still trying to figure out how to make it take better pictures in the dark.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                  Thanks for the tips and compliments guys. Pakolokooklok, what tool did you use to shop that?

Thanks
                  I used Photoshop .. easy fix for a lotta photo issues .. and yeah, deckeda is pretty close.
                  I used the noise function to low key it, then just used the sharpen feature to bring it back.
                  Also used the contrast and played a lil bit with color keys.

If I had to do it for one of my clients (as I always do lol) I'd make a seperate layer,
                  maybe even a couple .. then tweak from there, and adjust accordingly ..
                  I woulda also dust spotted alot more then I did .. alot more.

Like I said ... I just farted with it for a couple min .. It's a cool image, nice moody shot!

A Hui Hou !!!
                  Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Yep I learned that the hard way lol before I read how to set my canon a80 I used to auto now I sometimes borrow my friends tripod and turn down the ISO to the lowest setting. Im still trying to figure out how to make it take better pictures in the dark.
                    Longer exposure + tripod - flash

Comment

Thanks for all the help, yea I was mainly focused on how I should be taking the picture next time, no totally on how to correct it now. So lower ISO right? and a Tripod.

Comment

The grain in the original photo looks great.
                        That's natural light. The grain is natural.
                        It looks like dust, visable from the light.
                        Great photo man.
                        Tripods are good, but i like off center photos.

Last edited by Accord13&BA4; 08-31-2006, 07:19 PM.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Working...
                        X