No announcement yet.

Photography Contest #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think subjects should not be "abstract" anything because its just too vague and too many members get confused. Just pick a concrete topic that's easy to understand. Everyone has a different perception of abstract. Think simple!
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

god damn it, i just saw this thread. i'm going to have to shoot some shots for this anyway even though the contest is over.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

It's not that I forgot, I simply didn't want to enter this one. Abstract is subjective. What one person thinks is abstract might not be so to another. The example shots were really just macro shots of peices of a car. I think having anything with a car in it for the contest theme is a bad idea. The contest turns into people liking the subject matter and not looking at the execution of the shot or the technical details.

1999 Honda Prelude
        Photography Site

Comment

So true

May people, me especially, rely on subject matter to make a photo interesting instead of making the shot interesting.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Lets do another one.
            I don't want to win by default.
            Its not really winning.

BTW, that is a long neglected auto-service station, with my CB parked in the background.
            Last edited by LadyG; 04-19-2010, 09:47 AM.
            Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

how about ^ You ^ run it this time since u were "Technically" the only entry aparently..

u choose a topic and lets get to it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
              X