This Item Thread! "Photography"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
    Awesome! Congrats. How much did you end up getting it for if you don't mind me asking? A lens that performs great on any Nikon body is the 50mm f1.8 and then add a nice fast zoom to it.
    Right now I have a 50mm and a 55-200 VR. The zoom is SLOW but I think I'll get a cheap(ish) wide angle as my next lens. Then sell the 55-200 and get an 80-200 f/ 2.8. But that's a LONG term plan, I don't have the money for camera stuff right now.

I got the body with 2gig card for 550. Met with the guy and he pulled it out of the original box and wrapping and all of the rubber on the body is in really good shape. It really looks and feels brand new. With ALL accessories and books to match.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Sold all my equip 2 nights ago....needed to pay some bills badly, I HATE that I had to get rid of it all, most of it I just got.

Plans are to pick up a 40D (Canon of course ), 24-70mm "The Brick" , a 70-200mm, and some other goodies SOON!! Who needs 2 cars...

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

Im glad you are getting back into the game eventually. That sounds like a very good combo to start back with.

1999 Honda Prelude
        Photography Site

Comment

2 people coming to look at the sedan tomorrow... *fingers crossed*

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

to somewhat revive this thread....I am trading my Canon 70-200 f/4 L Wednesday for a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. Im extremely excited as I will be recieving it right before football season starts up.

1999 Honda Prelude
            Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
              to somewhat revive this thread....I am trading my Canon 70-200 f/4 L Wednesday for a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. Im extremely excited as I will be recieving it right before football season starts up.
              IMHO that's not a bad deal at all .. The Siggy is a tremedous lens, and in as much as I'm concerned,
              the Canon 70-200L is sorrrta over-rated .. I guess when people spend that kina dough,
              they have to feel some-what justified ..

Have fun with the Siggy, I love mine ..

BTW .. which team you shooting? Do you get press passes?
              I'll be attending atleast one Raiders game this season in Oakland myself ..

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                IMHO that's not a bad deal at all .. The Siggy is a tremedous lens, and in as much as I'm concerned,
                the Canon 70-200L is sorrrta over-rated .. I guess when people spend that kina dough,
                they have to feel some-what justified ..

Have fun with the Siggy, I love mine ..

BTW .. which team you shooting? Do you get press passes?
                I'll be attending atleast one Raiders game this season in Oakland myself ..

Tomi
                I thought it was a pretty good deal as well. The 70-200 f/4L is absolutely phenominal when used within its own design limits. If you are in daylight, this lens is great. But when the lights get dim, it shows its limits. I hope the Sig is as well built.

And no, I dont have press passes. I shoot for the 2 local high schools and hopefully a local university once the season starts.

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

I hope the Sig is as well built.

And no, I dont have press passes. I shoot for the 2 local high schools and hopefully a local university once the season starts.
                  Ahhh, I see .. heheh, silly me, thought you were talkin about The NFL !

And yes .. the Siggy is built ford tuff .. wait err, uhh ok, you know what I mean ..
                  Haha, solid lens ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Thinking of getting a wide angle lens, what do you guys think of the one below? I think I'm going to get it if it is still available in about a month.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pho/1341669534.html

Originally posted by Ad
                    Nikon Wide Angle AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D Autofocus Lens USA - $200

Nikon Wide Angle AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D Autofocus Lens. This is a U.S.A. lens not an import. Bought at B&H about a year ago for $280.00. The lens is in perfect condition with paperwork in it's original box. No scratches. Upgraded to a 28mm f/1.8 and the f/2.8 is such a great piece of glass I can't stand to see it just sit around. For some one looking for their first piece of "good" glass this is a great start. Looking for an outstanding wide angle or all around lens to take traveling? This is perfect. Once you have a 28mm in your arsenal you can't live without it. Considered by Nikon owners to be one of the "best bang for the buck" lenses made by Nikon.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                      Thinking of getting a wide angle lens, what do you guys think of the one below? I think I'm going to get it if it is still available in about a month.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pho/1341669534.html
                      Assuming you are using a crop body(Canon xxxd, xxd; Nikon dxx...) the 28mm focal length is not going to be wide at all.

1999 Honda Prelude
                      Photography Site

Comment

Assuming you are using a crop body(Canon xxxd, xxd; Nikon dxx...) the 28mm focal length is not going to be wide at all.
                        Ah ok, yeah I have a D40. So something like 10.5mm?

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I would buy a zoom UWA.
                          Primes are great, but sometimes you want a little less wide of a shot.
                          Sigma 10-20mm
                          Tokina 11-16
                          Tamron 10-24
                          Tokina 12-24
                          Sigma 12-24

Those are all the ones i can think of for Canon, I dont know if these brand offer nikon mounts for all of those. I know some do.

1999 Honda Prelude
                          Photography Site

Comment

Im looking into getting a Nikon D50. It is used and I can probably get it at a good price I just need help on what to look for on used cameras that would give away that it was mistreated or certain things that I should look for.

Here is the ad for it: http://eastoregon.craigslist.org/pho/1349530446.html

and a couple pictures he sent me:

He also emailed this to me:

"Matt,
                            The camera works perfectly. I purchased a d300 and thought I would still use the d50 as backup. The photos I take w/ both cameras are hard to tell apart."

As far as I know it seems to look in good shape and he says it works properly. What do you guys think?

Comment

Buying a used camera is no different than buying a used car or anything else for that matter...

Look it over in detail. Take your time. Look for any scrapes, dents, dings, or scratches. If you find any, ask for specifics on how it happened.
                              Test drive it, use it. Take your own memory card and check the pictures on a laptop.
                              Just use common sense.

1999 Honda Prelude
                              Photography Site

Comment

Personally I would look to see if you could get a D80. D50 is a great camera, i used to shoot with it when i was in college. D80 is just newer technology and has a larger display screen. I got a used D200 recently for a backup and paid 650 so D80 should be available for not more than 500.
                                The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                                Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                                Check out my JDM F22B swap
                                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
                                X