JohnD1079 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She finally looks like a car now

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Have you got a wiring diagram for that stereo?
      The stereo sometimes has a feature for the aerial to always stay up, for memory its when the AF or TA are turned on.
      Amp remote wire is usually the blue wire, What is that lose orange wire for?
      Do you mean the stereo dims when you turn the interior lights on?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Well it wouldnt be a bad idea to lubricate the locks. Theres a graphite lubricant you can put in there.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
          Have you got a wiring diagram for that stereo?
          The stereo sometimes has a feature for the aerial to always stay up, for memory its when the AF or TA are turned on.
          Amp remote wire is usually the blue wire, What is that lose orange wire for?
          Do you mean the stereo dims when you turn the interior lights on?
          No i dont have an exact wiring diagram. All i got was what someone said they were from some forum online. Not all wires were included, so i guessed/assumed wat they were. I dont know what AF n TA is? Is it like FM n AM here in the States?
          The blue wire is connected to another blue wire on the harness that plugs into the Accord Harness. It is supposed to be Antenna Remote or something like that. The orange wire is for illumination, but there is no wire in the matching pin from the harness to the Headunit. There is another orange wire next to it that says illumination too. And No it dosent dim when i turn the lights on.

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Well it wouldnt be a bad idea to lubricate the locks. Theres a graphite lubricant you can put in there.
          What is graphite lubricant? Never heard of it. I just used lithium grease.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

Its used to lubricate locks. Its cleaner too not as messy. Its a powder also as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im glad shit is going good for you, keep it up

Comment

Thanks man. Its getting there........Slowly.

I updated my Mods list. Future Mods list is getting smaller .

I dont know if i mentioned it before, but it wasnt in my Future Mods list. I got my Amp a while ago. It is a Kenwood KAC-9102D. Ill post picks of it later.

Edit:Also no word on the dizzy seal. I had no clue that it would be this hard to get when i first took out the seal.

Comment

I love how you painted your transmission. It looks like it's brand new :P. I just hope you won't have to open it or anything because if I see right, you painted over the screws and basically everything.

I like it when everything looks clean and new too no matter how old it is. I think this car can look better than any new car. At least you've got something unique that not a lot of other people have and whether it's an old car or not it can still make heads turn around.

Good job.
                  NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Thanks for the comment Gyuri87. Yes i did paint everything over it. I dint feel like taking apart the tranny and buying all new gaskets. If something goes bad i will attempt to rebuild it. Im not to worried about the engine n tranny paint as i like how that came out. Its the engine pay paint that i hate. Its not the color i wanted and its all cracking up in all the corners and stuff and easily chips off.

ANd yes i do beleive by far that the 90s cars were the best looking cars ever made. And ill im really trying to do is bring it back to a nice clean stock cb7 with mainly OEM mods(for the most part).

I got word from Prostreet online. And according to UPS it looks like the seal will be coming in on the 8th.

Comment

hey john when u come toronto wat parts u gonna have that i might be intereted? like performance wise
                      GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally posted by hs06
                        hey john when u come toronto wat parts u gonna have that i might be intereted? like performance wise
                        Nothing really. All i have is what I have left of my CB7 i got for parts. Nothing after market.

Comment

holy shit you came a long way since i looked at you thread last major props
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Thanks man. Im getting there.

I didnt do anything today except tighten down the hood hinge, align the hood and tighten the hood latch to where its supposed to be. Its pretty damn cold now.

Anyways. Pic of my Sub and Amp, as well as the legend map lights with tweeters. I weighed the sub n amp. ANd together they weight right around 70 lbs.

Comment

mini update. Nothing big done. Its undoubtly cold here. so ibe been procrastinating for the past couple days.

Last night a bit my lip for a little and crawled under the car. . I got dirty for the first time in a while working on my car.

I put those front wheel well mudgaurd things on. Every singe hole is clipped in with one of those fucking screw plastic clips things. I hate those things . I also put on the front mudflaps and the water spash guard thing that goes under the bumper. Also screwed in with every single bolt that its supposed to .

Where the downpipe is supposed to line up with the block to bolt on, Isnt bolting on. I guess ill just leave it untill i get new Headers.

I also managed to crawl under the rear of the car at the end and replace a rubber exhaust hanger with a shorter one, and i tried a little to see if where the progess bar fits on, but i didnt have enough patience at the end to figure it out.

Comment

OO ya, I also have a small coolant leak from somewhere. Ive had it the whole time, but i thought i fixed it by taking some hoses and coating the nipple with PVC pipe water proofer thing. . I guess not.

Also a slight oil leak. Im not sure if its from the drain bolt or the oil pan gasket.

Comment

Working...
                                X