No announcement yet.

Ronald_Type-R : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehehe we have the same case then My rear drums are dead too, and they have to be rebuilt at the same amount of price, soo...I figure, if I can get better brakes for less price, thennn why not do it right? Hehehe

When are you doing your rear discs Mike? I'm supposed to start my project tomorrow, but a part or two still haven't come in yet, and those are pretty much the most important part in this project hahaha so my project is going to be delayed for another week Sucks, but that's life..Can't always get what you want, and can't always have it when you want it hehehe..Ah well, what can we do right?

N e wayz, did you get all the parts for the rear disc conversion yet? If you did, then post some pics!! In your member's ride thread of course hehehehe

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Update!!

Before

After

My Progress rear sway bar is backordered, soo I'm gonna have to wait a while for that one..I've also painted all four calipers gold, shimmed the rear UCA, and rolled the rear fenders as well..The way it sits right now, my front cambers are -3.0, while rears are -1.0..Surprisingly, with +35 offset 16x7.5" wheels, the rears are not rubbing at all hehe so happy about that

N e wayz, updated mods list and more pics on page 1!! Opinions, advices and suggestions are always welcome..Thanks for looking guys

Ronald

Comment

Looking good Ronald!! That sway bar is that hard to find? Damn...well its looking real good....i need to get my rear fog wired already...im just waiting because i want to do it when i do my fronts but i still need some peices for that....
        Well keep it up dude!!!

Comment

the new stance looks great
          and glad to hear those +35 offset wheels aren't rubbing.. for your own good and mine
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

real clean ride man I love the rear fog and the drop good job

Comment

yur car looks awesome... keep me updated on the engine swap.

Comment

Hey thanks a lot for all the compliments guys I'm just happy by the fact that I installed ALL the new parts by myself, without any help of a shop or anything like that, and everything is actually running properly! Hehehe It's just a good feeling ya know, when you put your own sweat and blood on the car instead of having some stranger mechanics messing around with your car This is actually my first time working on the brakes and all the other footwork goodies..Soo I can say that I'm a bit proud of myself for being able to pull off this summer's project

But yeah, the Progress rear sway bar is a bit hard to find right now..They said they'll have them back in stock in 3 weeks or so, but we'll see

Francis, do I smell *sniff sniff* new shoes? Hehehe

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone

Ronald

Comment

sweet man it looks amazing! that was the only thing i could have asked for was for u to lower it slightly more...

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

Holy negative camber. Just make sure you keep that toe in line.

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                    I've also painted all four calipers gold

I'm still trying to figure out how you did the rear lip, just in the mudflap and exhaust areas. Did you drop your exhaust down and use the 5th gen piece to cover the original exhaust cutout? Did you move the mudflaps down? I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing this mod, but those were two of the issues I saw going into it.

I haven't a clue how you're not rubbing like crazy. I'm running a +40 on a 7" wheel and I hit the fender lip at your old ride height. I'm just afraid to roll my lips b/c of the rust work.

But anyways, this car continues to really impress me, keep up the good work.

Comment

'sup Chris! Thanks for stopping by n checking out my thread man As for my ride height, I'm just trying to compete with you, that's all hahaha How's ur car coming along? The wire-tucking progress looks like it's coming along real nice..I wish I have the guts to do that hehe I love how wire-tucking looks, but I jus don't have the balls to cut and splice every single wires in the engine bay hehe

Mike! What's with the flaming smiley? Is it because you jus simply dislike the gold colour, or you jus jealous 'coz I finally have 4 calipers, and you only have 2? Bwahahaha jus kiddin bro

The negative camber actually doesn't look THAT bad in real life..I love how the front end has a lot more grip than the rear though, thanks to the camber setup..Understeer has greatly been reduced, and the way it's setup right now, my ass will jus follow me wherever I go hahaha can't imagine how it'd be once I put in the Progress RSB..Oh, forgot to mention that I took off my OEM rear sway bar..It jus didn't do much at all..

As for my rear lip...*sigh* I'll try my best to explain it hehe..First of, the mudflaps are mounted on its original position..I jus trimmed part of the rear lip that goes behind the mudflaps, jus so the mudflaps can overlap it..

I didn't drop the exhaust down, but I did cover the exhaust cutout with the middle piece from the 5th gen rear lip..

Honestly Mike, like I've said before, if I can do it all over again, I wouldn't..My rear bumper might look good in pics, but it definitely looked like a hacked up job in real life..A lot of polyurethane filling have been used to fix this project..And the thing is, as soon as you get started on this, there's no turning back, 'coz installing this rear lip requires you to do a lot of cutting to your rear bumper, specifically the stock rear 'lip' moulding on the bottom of the bumper..Seriously not worth it..UNLESS you know someone that can do body work..With the way mine is right now, a bit of bondo, sanding and molding will make my bumper look OEM hehe unfortunately I have no connections when it comes to bodywork and such

But yeah, lemme kno if you have more questions on that Mike

As for the wheel setup, how can you be rubbing at +40 7" wheels? Your wheels are 16" aren't they? Mind you, I've also shimmed the rear UCA to compensate on the rear camber..So technically, my rear fenders are supposed to be shaving off my rear tires hehe but rolling the rear fenders really gave me a lot more room for the rear wheels to move up and down freely without any rubbing or whatsoever

Ronald

Comment

man ronald if i tell u something u wont believe me

psssst.... i only extended one wire.... hahaha true story

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Mike! What's with the flaming smiley? Is it because you jus simply dislike the gold colour, or you jus jealous 'coz I finally have 4 calipers, and you only have 2? Bwahahaha jus kiddin bro
                          Sure, rub it in some more that you've got 4 and I've only got 2. Gimme time and I'll be up to 4, I just have to locate a set. You guys and your crazy 4 caliper cars.

As for my rear lip...*sigh* I'll try my best to explain it hehe..First of, the mudflaps are mounted on its original position..I jus trimmed part of the rear lip that goes behind the mudflaps, jus so the mudflaps can overlap it..

I didn't drop the exhaust down, but I did cover the exhaust cutout with the middle piece from the 5th gen rear lip..

Honestly Mike, like I've said before, if I can do it all over again, I wouldn't..My rear bumper might look good in pics, but it definitely looked like a hacked up job in real life..A lot of polyurethane filling have been used to fix this project..And the thing is, as soon as you get started on this, there's no turning back, 'coz installing this rear lip requires you to do a lot of cutting to your rear bumper, specifically the stock rear 'lip' moulding on the bottom of the bumper..Seriously not worth it..UNLESS you know someone that can do body work..With the way mine is right now, a bit of bondo, sanding and molding will make my bumper look OEM hehe unfortunately I have no connections when it comes to bodywork and such

But yeah, lemme kno if you have more questions on that Mike
                          It's all good. I just do like how it looks in the pictures, but if its that much of an issue, maybe I won't undertake it...yet lol. My rear bumper's already seen better days, so I suppose if I ever get a new one on there, I could always practice. But I definitely applaud you going out and trying it.

As for the wheel setup, how can you be rubbing at +40 7" wheels? Your wheels are 16" aren't they? Mind you, I've also shimmed the rear UCA to compensate on the rear camber..So technically, my rear fenders are supposed to be shaving off my rear tires hehe but rolling the rear fenders really gave me a lot more room for the rear wheels to move up and down freely without any rubbing or whatsoever

Ronald
                          I'm actually running a 17" wheel with a 215/45 tire, so I suppose it has a lot more meat on it than I should, but I need some way to close up the gap. I just don't have the...to roll my replaced rear quarters hehe. But I have to give you props for nailing the stance.

I'm still looking for that part for you btw, I'm just not having any luck, but if I ever do come across one, you have first dibs.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            Sure, rub it in some more that you've got 4 and I've only got 2. Gimme time and I'll be up to 4, I just have to locate a set. You guys and your crazy 4 caliper cars.
                            Hehe good to know that you're joining the club pretty soon Mike! Honestly, they're really not that hard to do..I counted 7 bolts each side, and the whole assembly comes off..Another 7 bolts, and the rear disc assembly bolted right up! The e-brake cables weren't that hard to swap either..A bit of back pain from working under the car, buut nothing too too nasty

It's all good. I just do like how it looks in the pictures, but if its that much of an issue, maybe I won't undertake it...yet lol. My rear bumper's already seen better days, so I suppose if I ever get a new one on there, I could always practice. But I definitely applaud you going out and trying it.
                            Yeah, if you happen to have a spare rear bumper, that'd be perfect..That way you can practice first and not mess up your good bumper haha don't make the same mistake I did Maybe you can even practice on cutting up the template for the rear fog eh? hehehe

I actually didn't want to try it at first, but..I had a 5th gen rear lip sitting in my room, and I figured...If I don't try this, then no one will ever know how hard / easy it is to do, or if it's even possible for that matter..A lot of ppl have thought about it, but no one ever seemed to actually try it..So after a LOT of measurements and thinking, I figure, what the hell, can't be that hard...Boy, was I wrong on that one But at least now someone has actually done it, that way ppl can get some ideas of how 5th gen rear lip looks on a 4th gen, altho it jus looks ok to me personally..

I'm actually running a 17" wheel with a 215/45 tire, so I suppose it has a lot more meat on it than I should, but I need some way to close up the gap. I just don't have the...to roll my replaced rear quarters hehe. But I have to give you props for nailing the stance.
                            My friend actually has a similar setup to yours..He's running 17x7.5, +45 with 215/40-series tires..He also shimmed the rear UCA with 2 washers, and he has the same ride height as me..(He bought a set of Megan Racing coilovers, and I bought his old ST/Tokico setup)..Meaning that his rear camber is also around -1 to -1.5 degree, very similar to mine..With the way it sits right now, I can barely fit my pinky finger in between the rear tire and the fender lip..And I'm a small asian guy, soo I don't have stubby fingers He's not rubbing tho..Mind you, he shimmed his rear UCA to fix the camber..Soo without the washers, he'd have a lot more room in between..

Jus to give you an idea of how small of a gap he has..

With my setup right now (16x7.5", +35, 205/50, rolled fender lip), I have A LOT of room when the rear wheels are tucked in..I understand what you mean tho...If I have your car, I prolly would never want to roll the fender lip hehe unless it's done profesionally of course..

I'm still looking for that part for you btw, I'm just not having any luck, but if I ever do come across one, you have first dibs.
                            Thanks bro

Ronald

Comment

Was cleaning up my comp to free up some space, and look what I found!

These pics were taken on Oct. '03, a month just after I bought the car bonestock..

The mods back then: JDM 92-93 1pc headlights, USDM fogs (brand new complete OEM kit from Honda), JDM CB3 sidemarkers, and 90-91 EX-R front lip..That was it.

At the time, I promised myself not to go crazy with car modding, since I jus got out of a bad money-pit relationship with my first car..Yeah right

And these, were taken on Sept. '06, three years later..

I dunno, kinda nice to look at old pics..Gives you the chance to kind of appreciate all the work that you've done to your car, and the differences you've made My progress has been reaaally slow tho..Took me a very long time jus to get this far, and I'm only halfway done hehe Guess that's what happens when you're trying to mod your car while paying through school at the same time haha

Well, happy 3 years anniversary to me and my CB3 More things to come in the future of course, 'coz I'm not done with her yet hehehe

Ronald
                              Last edited by Ronald_Type-R; 09-15-2006, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks man, your car's lookin pretty as well I swear I almost spray painted my Volks black after I saw new pics of your car last time hahahah My car will be wearing white shoes pretty soon tho..

Now if only we can have a meet and do a photoshoot hehehe..

Ronald

Comment

Working...
                                X