X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93a-lude View Post
    u got huge balls rebuilding that after it was submurged good lulck
    x2.

I hope you learned your lesson.... don't sell it again.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

ahaha, yeah. all it is, is time and $ right.... lol i don't have either.. lol
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

wire tuck day 1

i am unsure how many of u do your wire tucks,, since it's not covered with great detail..

so i am doing mine the best i know how.
        Extending wires.

I have already extended and hid 65 wires, the extension ranges between 1.5 ft to 3.5 ft in length.
        i almost have the entire driver side hidden, except the alternator, witch i am waiting to get the thick power wire from lowes, this will all have to be extended to a measerured 4ft give or take a lil.
        so far it is looking really good, i am taking my time, making sure i do it right the first time.

i know alot of people have mentioned that to move the fuse box u must remove your heater core.. i don't think that i will need to do that as i will just lengthen every wire that could possibly go to it,, and depending on time and funds/ if i can't find a good place to put it,,
        i may just fabricate a fiberglass encloser over it, that bolts down.

i am unsure at this moment.

needless to say, if you do it like me, you will need tons of wire / connectors/ black tape/ insolation.

i removed the darn heater box so i could move the fuse box inside,, if you think it's hard getting out without removing the dash, wait till you put it back in..... that sucked and took about well too long..

i started to feel selfish that i was even attempting it.

i had to remove the radiator hoses to create more room to move the wiring harness arouund. i need a large bit that can drill through metal for the headlight wires on the paffenger side. once that is done and i buy my battery relocator kit she will be close to being finished! yay!
        Last edited by KeeleDesign; 10-07-2008, 09:36 PM.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

wire tuck day 5

as of today i have little motivation to finsish this project.... i think i will let it sit for a few days.
          Last edited by KeeleDesign; 10-07-2008, 09:37 PM.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
            i am looking around at diff square body cars such as bmw's etc... because i like our member "smokinspeeds"
            want a front end conversion.. and i am leaning torward bmw, as i like them alot! and they match our car design.

such as this

wow, i'm honored to hear you say something like that about my project To think it's not even near what I want it to be....
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

awesome work.... my fusebox is in my glovebox as we speak and i daily drive my car.... i also have heat.... just get creative.... which im sure u have no problem with..... my tuck just took some good old "fuck it" lol where u rip it apart and figure out how to put it back together in ur own configuration..... one day i may extend all the fusebox wires and relocate the box to the trunk.... but thats a whole different project.... lol its strange turning on ur headlights and hearing the headlight relay because its in the cabin haha

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

a little motivation.

the car was running in this state.

i will absolutely take the pic down if u would like.... sorry if its out of line to post it.

The Chronicles.

Comment

wire tuck day 6

it was running...

i figured you had just dropped the motor back in and not hooked everything back up....

so.... hmmm. did you drill a hole right behind the motor for the wires to come through?

how did you end up running the alternator wires?
                  Last edited by KeeleDesign; 10-07-2008, 09:38 PM.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

yeah it was running... only thing missing in that pic is the brake master.... and yes i drilled a hole for the engine harness to come through down real low.... and the alternator wires go under the motor mount and wrap up under the bottom of the alt.... works perfectly.

The Chronicles.

Comment

sweet, thanx for the reply, i may be pulling my dash out so i can do something similar,, i duno. but i have regained motivation from ya man, no joke, thanx alot, i am actually going out right now to work on her.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

AWESOME! it all works just a pain to figure out!

The Chronicles.

Comment

wire tuck day 7

no joke, doing this with the motor in prolly was a stupid idea.
                          well i said screw it. i decided to delete the a/c as well. heck all my other cars have a/c.

so i pulled the compressor, condensor, and all the lines last night. do i need to remove the lil box under the dash where the lines come in?

dear gosh it looks like a bomb went off in my car...

i also went ahead and removed the radiator to make it more easy to access the a/c components, i don't think i will be putting the oem one back in, but instead, getting the smaller size , but thicker radiator.

i wish bisimito had a header for the h22 already, i think the perfect header is needed to finish the tuck in the future.
                          I think tonight i may pull the IM off and start shaving all the stuff on it i don't need, and see about remmoving the iab plate all together to shorten my manifold,

gosh i hate you........... lol now that you told me where bouts you put your wiring harnes.. now i felt like thats the best way and how i should do it..... so i pulled the dash and pulled the heater and ac unit.
                          I know it will look much better this way and be much neater so thats what needs to be done.

gosh this is one heck of a project...

ohh, and it sucks balls taking an intake off without a jack.. took me like 40 min to get it off.

Last edited by KeeleDesign; 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

lookin good! mine surely wasnt the best way.... i did most of the tuck with the motor in the car like u... i also didnt pull the dash or intake mani... ur doing great and it is one hell of a project man. but when ur done and u get questions from people who dont know anything about cars such as "does that thing really run" it makes it all worth it....

btw i didnt pull the lil plastic box under the dash i just removed the insides lol

AWESOME WORK!
                            Last edited by J-specCb4; 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

your right....
                              and i will be going without my hood, verry often, just to show it off, especially when it's all shaved and painted with the valve cover painted some crazzy stuff, it will be worth it and i keep telling myself that over and over,, i just hope it starts.. lol
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

lol that was my fear.... and it gets to the point where u know it well enough to know if it will start and why it didnt if it doesnt.... and yes.... ive been known to not have a hood on the car from time to time...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X