Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSMAccord
    replied
    This is a really nice collection of mods. I am interested in that floor bar as well... Have you gotten your final E85 tune yet?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Does that floor bar get in the way of your feet in an annoying way, sitting back there? I'm sure the back seat of a coupe doesn't get much use, but I've been thinking about getting one of those for my wagon.

Also, you could get the sedan rear door handle for the driver side, and just crawl in through the trunk in the rare emergency!
    Honestly I have never sat in the backseat of the Accord while it was in motion, but in the little time I was back there working on the car, it didn't seem too bad. You could easily rest your foot on it, or just past it and have your feet under the seat. But like you said, with it being a coupe I never have someone sitting back there. I could probably count on both my hands how many times I've had someone ride in the back seat of the Accord.

If I retained the stock seat yes this is true, However my rear seat is from a CL and it does not fold down, it is bolted at the bottom and top, so I couldn't crawl through like I could before.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Does that floor bar get in the way of your feet in an annoying way, sitting back there? I'm sure the back seat of a coupe doesn't get much use, but I've been thinking about getting one of those for my wagon.

Also, you could get the sedan rear door handle for the driver side, and just crawl in through the trunk in the rare emergency!

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Some more updates for all you members both lurking and active:

First thing first:
    CPmike hooked me up with a set of PFM, which we both believed to be uber rare Coupe PFMs however come to find out the PFMs never came in the coupe form. So I had to make a hybrid using the PFM mirror portion and mate it to the USDM perches and outer plastic.
    Here they are working in action

Next up I tackled installing a rear ST sway bar, this was a pretty straight forward task and the results were awesome. Plus I love that you can see the hangers poking out the back, something I've always been jealous of from civics and the LCAs

Ignore the dirtiness under there.

Following that
    I finished up my Si-T bumper conversion and couldn't decide if I liked them with the stock corners or all clear corners. As of right now I'm thinking all clear, but I am curious on what ya'll think.
    All Clear:

Stock:

I then installed a push button start with a PKE fob system. Was a little bit of a headache, but I am happy with the results. Only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that you have to have your foot on the brake to access ACC mode, and shut the car off and I wish I could change the color from Blue to red, to make the cluster. But hey beggar's can't be choosers.

Because I now have PKE features I went ahead and did the sedan rear door handle mode. I have only done it on the passenger side, because I don't trust the PKE system yet. Though it hasn't given me any reason not too.

After that was done I turned my focus to the Brake Booster and Master. Now I wasn't having any issues with it, but it was starting to seep a bit from where the reservoir mates the the MC and I'm pretty sure this was the original booster. So I took this opportunity to "Upgrade" to a 06 RSX Type S Brake booster and MC.

Reason I went with this setup is due to it having a slightly bigger bore then the Accord, Reservoir on the Master holds more fluid, and I believe it tucks better in bay.

Next on the laundry list of things I have done, was install the Ultra Racing Flex bar that my wife bought me for my birthday. I was a P.I.T.A. to get in, but I was happy it was, if it just slide into place then I wouldn't expect it to do much reinforcing or flex reduction. Plus it looks cool IMO

Last but not least,
    I decided to take the motor to the next stage which is E-85 tuning and since you have to run through a full tank of E-85 before you can start the tune I am driving the car a lot more then I usually did.

Which now means I can rock this badge truthfully:

I forgot how much this car sips gas. Even on E-85 it still sips the gas through a small cocktail straw. But this also gave me an opportunity to take a much needed photo of the Accord in its natural environment and not in a garage:
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-22-2021, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    Backtracking to catch on what I've been missing in here. I've been busy, but I'll have some updates for people who are interested in what's to come.
    Thanks for stopping by, Looking forward to some updates!

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

That's a lot of weight for two little bolts. Doesn't the bumper bump around a bit with the extra weight of the intercooler etc?
    The intercooler isn't mounted to the bumper, its mounted to the core support, so the bumper is only supporting itself. I can easily remove the bumper without having to disconnect any of the intercooler or piping.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post

Ya the two 12mm behind the headlights and the quick disconnects I put in on the sides. The intercooler is holding the bumper up some. I think I will go back in there and fine tune my sanding a bit. But I am also going to readjust the headlight brackets and see if that helps. I may throw the bolts below the headlights that hold the bumper in place, but I do enjoy the convenience of only having to remove the 2 12mm, unclip the bumper lights and pull the bumper off.
    That's a lot of weight for two little bolts. Doesn't the bumper bump around a bit with the extra weight of the intercooler etc?

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    Backtracking to catch on what I've been missing in here. I've been busy, but I'll have some updates for people who are interested in what's to come.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    So what holds your bumper on? Just the bolts behind the headlights and the side clips? There a chance you can loosen these bolts and let the bumper down some. And/Or maybe your intercooler + piping is holding it up?
    Ya the two 12mm behind the headlights and the quick disconnects I put in on the sides. The intercooler is holding the bumper up some. I think I will go back in there and fine tune my sanding a bit. But I am also going to readjust the headlight brackets and see if that helps. I may throw the bolts below the headlights that hold the bumper in place, but I do enjoy the convenience of only having to remove the 2 12mm, unclip the bumper lights and pull the bumper off.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    So what holds your bumper on? Just the bolts behind the headlights and the side clips? There a chance you can loosen these bolts and let the bumper down some. And/Or maybe your intercooler + piping is holding it up?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    I don’t have those bolts installed I should probably install them now since I routed my intercooler piping differently from my previous set ups and can now utilize them.

The bushings weren't hard at all. I did it while it was in the car, you just simply push the rubber ones out of the arms, do some light sanding on the inside of the ring and pop the metal bushings in. Then you put the c-clip on and put them on the shifter arms and use the provided clip instead of a cotter pin.

The hardest part was on the rear one, getting a good angle to push the rubber bushing out. I think I just used some wide mouth pliers to push it out.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-20-2021, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Only thing I can think of on that bumper / grill issue is the bumper is too high. If the headlights are high too then it all looks normal. I think you know what i mean when i talk about lifting up on the bumper before you put in the front bolts behind the signal lights. There's a lot of room for movement there. I'm thinking you are a hair too high, then put headlights in and made them high. IE: if you tried to aim your headlights you may find you cannot get them low enough. But also when the bumper is too high in the front it causes the sides to point down-ish , giving gap there. Just a thought.

Hey, how hard was it to install the FFC shifter cable bushings?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    What difference is RSX booster+master supposed to make? When I was cleaning my bay, I noticed the paint was lifting off the bottom half of my booster, so I'm not sure if the previous owner replaced the master since that happened. You've got my interest on the RSX swap, if they are an upgrade on a wagon...
    I know the 05+ RSX type S Booster has a bore of 15/16 instead of the standard 7/8. Which gives it a slightly better "feel." I don't think it changes the feeling or the braking too much more, but I do know that it tucks in the engine bay a lot better, and IMO looks better. NH-505 and Rilas both have done this mod and I believe they have pics of it in their bay on the MRT. You can find them on ebay, I think I paid $59 shipped.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    These are good updates! I like the SI-T light mod. And the FFC bushings are a huge change, I am still deciding if I like the notchy-ness that the bushings impart.

Your hood issue might be related to your headlamps, you may have fastened them in a higher position than when you took them off? The grille is mounted on the headlamps and if the lamps are higher, the grille could now be higher and colliding with the hood? Did you fiddle with the hood latch? I think it has some adjustment that may allow it to be moved vertically and help alleviate the issue.
    The hood latch has been long gone, well sitting in my parts bin, but I have locking hood pins and I figured there was no need for that latch anymore. I think I am just going to remove and reinstall the headlights and see if that helps. I may also shave off some of the headlight bracket, as I know a part of it is resting on the intercooler.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    What difference is RSX booster+master supposed to make? When I was cleaning my bay, I noticed the paint was lifting off the bottom half of my booster, so I'm not sure if the previous owner replaced the master since that happened. You've got my interest on the RSX swap, if they are an upgrade on a wagon...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X