Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So I am acquiring parts for the H22a swap today I received my radiator hoses, and heater core hose, which thanks to the link to the closeout prices on rockauto only cost me 10 dollars shipped to my door:

I also received the complete head gasket set from rockauto as well. I didn't go OEM to one save money and two this is only a temp motor that I will either sell once the turbo kit is pieced together or build it on the side. Getting excited to finally start making progress on having my cb move under its own power.

Not exciting pics or progress. But it is progress.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-30-2017, 01:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Not a car update but after owning the car for 12 years I finally decided to buy one of these. More specifically because I plan to rebuild the transmission in the near future. When May comes around I'll be pulling the H22a from the 5th gen, changing out all the gaskets and then swapping it into the cb7 until I finish piecing the rest of the turbo set up.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-30-2017, 01:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GTRON
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Hmm here is a direct link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGfnohmzx8

I plan to work on the car tomorrow and see what's bringing on the cel. I am not going to start doing the heart transplant until I get back from Japan in May so stand by for that.
    That link works! Sounds good!

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    sometimes i miss it too. i learned alot from it. did a pull against a f22b blew its doors off with the a6 still have the 4dr tho drive it every so often

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
    I am intrested in how that manual rack conversion works and how do you enjoy the results?
    Well I haven't had the luxury of driving it yet. But I have had no p/s for a while and just moving the car in and out of the garage and having to steer it. I can feel a difference than just simply disconnecting the hoses. When I get the car running in may I can give you a better update.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    hmm mp0a is 5th gen gearbox? i always thought it was the h22a gearbox non lsd. oh well my coupes long gone anyways
    Yep at least from my google search and the shifting points of the tranny. It shifts at 5500-5800 religiously.

And i must say I miss your coupe

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    hmm mp0a is 5th gen gearbox? i always thought it was the h22a gearbox non lsd. oh well my coupes long gone anyways

Leave a comment:

• jaykilla116
    replied
    Very Nice ride man

I am intrested in how that manual rack conversion works and how do you enjoy the results?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Ok so I worked on the car today and got the CEL to come on, it threw 2 codes one is 12 exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and the other is 36 which from my research is the JDM traction control. I know how to fix the EGR CEL but the traction control one I have no idea. Thoughts?

Also I found the barcode for the tranny and as I expected its MP0A, which is the stock 96 accord tranny so this may explain why the shift point is at 5500-5800 and I hit a rev limiter at 500 if I run 2nd gear.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Hmm here is a direct link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGfnohmzx8

I plan to work on the car tomorrow and see what's bringing on the cel. I am not going to start doing the heart transplant until I get back from Japan in May so stand by for that.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-13-2018, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• willbill642
    replied
    It's still there
    I can't play it either

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRON View Post
    What happened to the video?
    It's still there

Leave a comment:

• GTRON
    replied
    Yes you are correct. However it sits below the big tick mark at the bottom and you can tell the car is trying not to die.

I think that's what I'm going to do. Have fun with th car until I finish the turbo motor. How's Lola going?

Also here is a video of me test driving the CD7 and seeing if vtec engages

The CEL came on while driving before I floored the car. I didn't get a chance to see what codes it was throwing, so I will have to do that another time. I was in a rush today and just wanted to make sure the car drove fine and vtec engaged.
    What happened to the video?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Right but will it show the code that comes on at random when driving? I'm use to it throwing codes if there is a CEL when you put the key into the on position, not after driving and it going out when you shut off the motor. I'll try and jump it out tomorrow and see what happens. I also need to see what automatic tranny this car has. I'm guessing by the shifting points it's the accords original tranny.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    If it works like our Accords, jump the service connector, then turn the key to the "on" position - do not start the engine. Then note the codes.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So research tells me it's 5300 like you said but if you watch the video with your speakers up you can hear it engage at 4200 unless those are the butterfly valves opening up. Also today I decided to run 2nd gear out all the way and I hit a rev limiter at 6500. Now I know the H22a is suppose to rev up to 7500-7800 all day. So again I am not very knowledgeable on the H22a and I'm especially clueless on automatics. The CEL comes on at random today it didn't come on at one point until I was driving around for 30 mins another time it came on in the first 10 mins of driving. Then when I turn off the motor the CEL goes away. So do I need to jump it while the engine is running or will it still show the code when the motor is turned off. I have dug to far into it due to lack of time and the weather being crappy. So any quick advice would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X