X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by apalileo View Post
    Damn Nick, great work! Since I last checked in you've done quite a bit. Glad to see you sorted out the gas tank issues. It makes me worry about my own! The Momo steering wheels is super nice! Gotta love the other half for finally pitching in on the project! The AeroCatch latches came out really good. I've really been considering switching to those in place of the Spectre ones I have.

Great progress on the build, your machine shop does excellent work. That head looks factory new. Glad to see another F22 getting some love!
    Thanks man! Ya I love my steering wheel and the aerocatch pins are awesome. They hold the hood perfectly, but they also have locks on them which will help deter thieves.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-16-2018, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    Damn Nick, great work! Since I last checked in you've done quite a bit. Glad to see you sorted out the gas tank issues. It makes me worry about my own! The Momo steering wheels is super nice! Gotta love the other half for finally pitching in on the project! The AeroCatch latches came out really good. I've really been considering switching to those in place of the Spectre ones I have.

Great progress on the build, your machine shop does excellent work. That head looks factory new. Glad to see another F22 getting some love!

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Nick, I hope your getting to put some miles on the Accord before moving, now that all your lights are sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So I fixed my brake switch issue. So if you ever come across an issue where, when you press the brake pedal and your dash lights and parking lights come on. You probably installed the wrong bulb in your tail lights. So I fixed my issue by installing the proper bulb which is a dual filament and not single filient. Hopefully this will help people in the future.

Leave a comment:

• G. Wiffington
    replied
    Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
    life is more important and early congrats on getting your schooling done!
    the car will always be there so you can enjoy it at your own leisure, don't skimp on the rest of life.
    there is so much more to live for than just our little hobby...and this is coming for a diehard CB guy!

what a great build here!
    This is probably the best thing I have read all week.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So finally back in Jax and I will actually be here for 2 months before heading to Pensacola. Decided to take her for a spin and was greeted with a dead battery even though it was connected to a trickle charger. The battery was over 5 years old so I think the battery just pooped out of me, so 140 dollars later got a new battery and she runs like before.

I do have an issue right now with every time I press the brake pedal my dash lights come on, after reading some forums I think I may have placed the wrong type of bulb in. But I will double check later this week.

For my birthday my wife bought me a Blox weighed Sphere shift knob and my sister got me a duel pressure gauge for the fuel rail so I am pretty excited about throwing those parts in. I’ll post pics later. I am really hoping Jon comes back and makes the cb7 knobs, but this one will do for now.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Nick, glad to hear that training is going well. Hopefully even after moving you can get to working on the Accord again at some point.

Leave a comment:

• timmy0tool
    replied
    life is more important and early congrats on getting your schooling done!
    the car will always be there so you can enjoy it at your own leisure, don't skimp on the rest of life.
    there is so much more to live for than just our little hobby...and this is coming for a diehard CB guy!

what a great build here!

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Right on Nick. Good luck with the rest of your schooling and the move.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Hey Guys just checking in, I am about a month out from graduating from Officer Candidate School, where I will then be moving to Pensacola. So progress on this will continue to be slow. But I will slowly chip away at it.

As for the motor, it is ready to be dropped in and I have the money for a tune and all the other things I have planned, but because I will have to move within 10-15 days after graduating Officer school, I won't have time to do the swap how I want to. So I am hoping by the end of the year this car will be force fed again.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Nick isn't gone. He just got a 7 day temporary ban. Unfortunately though, he is being sent out for training before the 7 days is over. So no updates on the car before he gets sent off again.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Where'd he go?

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    Lookin real nice Nick.
    Thanks Mark!

So went out and bought some things needed, new thermostat one that opens at 170F and 8 things of spark plugs. Hopefully that is enough but we shall see. Went with John Vega's recommendation of going two steps colder.

Then got some more parts in the mail, Frank at Treadstone performance gave me a great deal on the rest of my oil line kit that I needed as well as the intercooler piping, couplers, and t-clamps. He also threw in a t-shirt for free! Great customer service and will do business with them again:

Here is the rest of my oil feed line I needed, according to Borg Warner they recommend a -4an fitting and no need to run an oil restrictor:

Also purchased a T3 to T4 adapter since the Borg Warner is a T4 housing and my previous manifold is a T3. I will eventually upgrade to a custom manifold that is divided with dual wastegates, but for now this will do.

The last pieces of my build should hopefully be coming in next week, however I will be in DFW, TX for some training.

I haven't decided yet on when I want to park the Accord and start taking out the h22. I still haven't hit 500 miles on it with the stage 4 clutch, but I did do what I previously did with my ACT stage 3 and do a couple low rpm dumps and high rpm dumps (which ACT at the time recommended on breaking in a new clutch). But I still think I want to get to at least put 500 miles on the clutch and flywheel before I pull the h22.

Can anyone recommend any breaking in oil? I am getting pretty excited to have this installed but like I mentioned earlier, my money pot is running low and I am expecting the tune to cost around $600. So I may wait until I have that chunk of change in my bank account before I install the built motor.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-09-2018, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Lookin real nice Nick.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Today I received the back plate for the lower timing gear, so when the little one went to bed I got to work.

Installed the backing plate, lower timing gear and lined up all the TDC marking on the lower timing gear and the cam gear. I then installed the OEM Timing belt which was a lot easier then the blue gates on the F22B:

Then adjusted the valves to Delta Camshaft specs: Intake: .006 and Exhaust .008: This was tedious but glad to see that I was able to get them within specs.

Then installed the lower timing cover. The alternator belt and crank pulley chewed this up pretty good, I wish the crank pulleys weren't a pita to pull or I would pull one in the PAP.

There is still a lot to do and I'm about to get to the point where I will have to pull the h22 and start removing the parts I used on it that were suppose to be for the f22a.

But I received more parts today nothing to special just the fittings for the oil feed and oil return for the turbo: got these from fab boys on ebay and the product looks great:

Stay tuned more parts are still to come in.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-01-2018, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X