mndude07 : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    Yeah, I keep thinking about keeping my coupe tails with the carbon lid. I'm not sure yet. I might smoke mine out soon though to see if I like it or not...
    Coupe tails with carbon lid? What do you mean?
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Coupe tails with carbon lid? What do you mean?
      As far as I know, the coupe or the sedan tails can be used with the carbon fiber trunk lids. You just have to put in that little insert with the sedan tails. I might leave the coupe tails in the carbon lid and smoke/tint them.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As far as I know, the coupe or the sedan tails can be used with the carbon fiber trunk lids. You just have to put in that little insert with the sedan tails. I might leave the coupe tails in the carbon lid and smoke/tint them.
        Cool, I didn't know that! I guess we learn something new everything!
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Coupe tails will fit the CF trunks?? ORLY? Lol.

Adam, your car will look sick with a CF trunk, no spoiler and coupe tails. Plus your stance and handling. Nice.

Ive always thought lowered coupes with no spoiler look the best. You could even do a kit and theyd still look good.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
            Coupe tails will fit the CF trunks?? ORLY? Lol.

Adam, your car will look sick with a CF trunk, no spoiler and coupe tails. Plus your stance and handling. Nice.

Ive always thought lowered coupes with no spoiler look the best. You could even do a kit and theyd still look good.
            I think its possible, but if not, oh well. Its not a big deal. Also, yeah when I do change the trunk, it will be spoiler-less...

Unless I get a flushmount replica and then have it molded onto the CF trunk, and have it all painted so it looks like one piece.

Everyone's starting to convince me to leave the bare carbon though.

Comment

Yeah, no spoiler would look good. Flushmounts are nice but only if theyre OEM, but molding it into the CF is too much trouble.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Yeah, no spoiler would look good. Flushmounts are nice but only if theyre OEM, but molding it into the CF is too much trouble.
                It wouldn't be that hard for me. Whether I actually feel like it or not is a different story lol. We'll see.

Comment

Eh...i just couldnt bring myself to go messing with a CF trunk. Especially if it fits well, but thats just me.

Comment

Eh...i just couldnt bring myself to go messing with a CF trunk. Especially if it fits well, but thats just me.
                    Yeah...I would only do it if I had it paint-matched. If I leave it bare carbon then I won't have any sort of spoiler.

I'm not sure what to order next after I sell these visors. I'm having a tough time making up my mind on bushings. I'm going to have to talk to Ronald some more about the spherical bearings. This is my epic suspension build, but I need to consider durability, streetability, and longevity as well.

Comment

X2 Are you still getting the CF hood?
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

X2 Are you still getting the CF hood?
                        Yeah at some point lol.

Here's my list of semi-immediate priorities, most to least:

Finish core suspension and rear disc & 5 lug swap
                        Paint match bumpers and moldings
                        New exhaust
                        Carbon hood
                        Carbon trunk

There will be some other random things that happen in between, but that's pretty much the order of operations I'm shooting for.

Comment

Sweet, can't wait til the bumpers are painted! How about leaving the moldings black?
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Sweet, can't wait til the bumpers are painted! How about leaving the moldings black?
                            Na, I think its all gonna get painted. First of all, I think it looks cleaner. Second, I don't trust maaco to tape off the bumper moldings properly, so I'll just have them paint the whole thing lol. It gives the car a more modern look in my opinion. When my exterior is done, my car will look very similar to J-spec's...except gray and a coupe.

Comment

True, I painted my moldings just test trying it to see if I liked it or not...too much white IMO! Now, gray is a different story!

Gray + CF hood/trunk + black wheels =
                              1990 Accord EX

Comment

Haha yeah that's pretty much the plan. Though once everything's painted, a polished wheel would look just as good....

but I'll probably stick with black.

Comment

Working...
                                X