• Show
Clear All

• 93smokingaccord
    replied
    bad ass build man i love it, keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Not much been happening, Still waiting to get my welder so for now I've just tacked everything in place on the traction bar, and having a friend weld it up fully with his welder probabally next week.
    Have got 1 radius rod finished, will do the other one soon.

Was looking at some old photos of the build this morning and came across one that I forgot to post up earlier.
    Whenever I was working on the car, my dog Beau would come in and just go to sleep in the car

And lastly just started lining my garage in 7mm ply. It makes it a bit brighter in there and looks a lil cleaner too.

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 06-01-2008, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    excellent work!

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Awesome day today all blue skies, and perfect for getting some work done on the car

Just a quick pic, The clearance of getting into my garage Yes its touching, and thats with a ramp. The cobblestones on the house side of the driveway need to be lifted and repacked to bring the height up - Another job for next summer

Fitted the radiator up on Thursday night.

Relocated the stock radiator mounts top and bottom, Going to move it further over once I get the traction bar finished.
    It makes so much extra room in there

Pulled the stock crossmember off today, So I could get some measuring done for the Traction bar.
    Work done so far:
    Cut holes for tow hook points
    Drilled subframe bolt holes
    Made clearance cutoffs (for chassis and LCA rods)
    Cut Box steel to correct length

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    yes i did. Wheel spin is far more controlable, no more wheel HOP

Definitely feels better in handling too

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied

I know many people have said not to make them yourself, Though I never heard any real reasons as to why. The only major thing I can see atm is getting the correct suspension geometry.

Hey Lee did you notice a big difference after you installed yours?
    I'll get pics up as I start fabbing it.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    yay for traction

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Thanks man

Update -
    Civic alloy radiator ordered - will be fitting it next week.

Purchased some steel, can you guess what for
    50mm x 50mm x 1.0m long tube square bar.
    2 75mm x 75mm x 8mm thick Angle steel 200mm long plates
    Still looking for 2 Teflon coated rose joints, and 2 600mm long 20mm diameter solid round rods.

Hint:
    ll=============ll
    aa/Traction--Bar\
    al/aaaaaaaaaaala\
    ll/aaaaaaaaaaaalla\
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 05-13-2008, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mickey_601
    replied
    loving the build inspirational keep up the great work

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
    as long as you swap the oil cooler from the a6 over to your A1 your building (I dont think the a1 has an oil cooler.) I know you will be fine boosting ~400hp with that setup you listed, the f22 block can handle 20 psi with the right internals and eng. management

I have an exedy stage 3, its a VERY good clutch, but i dont think its sprung? I think its either unsprung or sprung you want (might want to research that) but one of them is better than the other making it easy to drive in traffic but still being able to break your neck. where unsprung is where it is very hard to drive smooth because it grabs instantly.
    Temperatures aren't as high over here, though I might invest in an external oil cooler anyway
    I know the in's and outs of clutches - Currently it's nice to be able to drive the car to work daily. Though I'd rather it a weekend driver, so an unsprung clutch won't worry me.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    300hp was the old goal now I shooting a bit higher (closer to 400hp) - representing the DSM's ftw
    as long as you swap the oil cooler from the a6 over to your A1 your building (I dont think the a1 has an oil cooler.) I know you will be fine boosting ~400hp with that setup you listed, the f22 block can handle 20 psi with the right internals and eng. management

I have an exedy stage 3, its a VERY good clutch, but i dont think its sprung? I think its either unsprung or sprung you want (might want to research that) but one of them is better than the other making it easy to drive in traffic but still being able to break your neck. where unsprung is where it is very hard to drive smooth because it grabs instantly.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
    nice, i was gonna say those 450's run out around 10 ~ 12 psi on an f22

i have that same 16g, i see people pushing over 300 whp with a 14b

300 whp on the 16g should still be a very reliable setup.

and yeah that clutch wont hold up for more than 5k ~ 10k

F22T ftmfw
    I'm currently at 8000km's on this clutch, but yea I'm expecting it to die soon
    I see everyone throwing name brands around here, and i'd like to be able to get them - but its easier said than done. When I go to any performance shop an I say can I get "x-part" for an F22, and I get the same response - Ummm whats an F22???
    Not sure what clutch I will get next, but thats on the list of cards also. I'll prob stay exedy but maybe go to a stage 3.

300hp was the old goal now I shooting a bit higher (closer to 400hp) - representing the DSM's ftw

Leave a comment:

• Turbo Dave
    replied
    nice, i was gonna say those 450's run out around 10 ~ 12 psi on an f22

i have that same 16g, i see people pushing over 300 whp with a 14b

300 whp on the 16g should still be a very reliable setup.

and yeah that clutch wont hold up for more than 5k ~ 10k

F22T ftmfw

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    :d

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Time for a new update / winter build plans.

Pulled down my new spare engine a few weeks ago and did the exhaust head porting as above - Have finished porting all 4 ports now, Just have to polish them up.
    I stripped the block last week in preperation for the new pistons.

New build includes:
    Forged Race eng pistons 8.8:1 85mm
    Toga H beam Rods
    P&P head
    Bisimoto turbo cam
    3" exhaust
    H23 intake manifold
    New injectors, Maybe 750cc

Thats all I can remember as of now, Anything else I will add to the list later on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X