aww_shiet : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aww_shiet
    they are SUPER SMALL! they could be mounted almost anywhere... i think it would be best mounted on the center console for now (so i can use 5.1 surround)
    I dunno what that would do for your sound imaging though...
    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_EJ
      I dunno what that would do for your sound imaging though...
      the center channel is mainly for voice [i think]

i had it in my first accord and it SOUNDED AWSOME! ...but for the full system install for my first accord, it took over 2 to 3 weeks! i don't have that much down time to spare
      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

the center channel is mainly for voice [i think]

i had it in my first accord and it SOUNDED AWSOME! ...but for the full system install for my first accord, it took over 2 to 3 weeks! i don't have that much down time to spare
        Just DIY...I can help.
        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Just DIY...I can help.
          naw it's cool... i'm kinda lazy about that kinda stuff. i'll wait until my Dad goes to the PI so i can use his truck to go to and from work...

Comment

naw it's cool... i'm kinda lazy about that kinda stuff. i'll wait until my Dad goes to the PI so i can use his truck to go to and from work...
            Dude...I live for audio installs! Dang...when's he leaving? My dad's leaving this week for the PI.
            My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Dude...I live for audio installs! Dang...when's he leaving? My dad's leaving this week for the PI.
              too late for me.. my dad left last friday! i didn't even know, so now i gotta wait until next time. it's cool, he goes like 3 or 4 times a year!

Comment

too late for me.. my dad left last friday! i didn't even know, so now i gotta wait until next time. it's cool, he goes like 3 or 4 times a year!
                So why dont you get the truck so you can get turbo'd...
                My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

So why dont you get the truck so you can get turbo'd...
                  BlackTrax needs a month prior appointment scheduling... they are soo over booked there!

Comment

BlackTrax needs a month prior appointment scheduling... they are soo over booked there!
                    Dang...popular shop?
                    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Dang...popular shop?
                      yes, very popular! like if i were to call NOW for an appt, the earliest i would probably get is early November... that's how it always is at BT that's why i really appreciate when they squeeze me in sometimes for the same week of request!

...also, it's the reason why they're soo fast. they have to be to keep up with their DEMAND!

another NorCal CB7tuner (Kurobei - Tommy) got his swap done there too!!

www.blacktrax.net

Comment

u thinkin turbo omar??

what kind of a setup u lookiin at?

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                          u thinkin turbo omar??

what kind of a setup u lookiin at?
                          i was just gonna slap on the GReddy kit, it's the easiest... however, the Prelude GReddy kit only comes with a TD06-18G turbo. i'm thinking of swapping that out with a larger turbo, the TD06-20G - the ones that come with the MR2 kit...

some people suggest i go T3/T4, but i think that turbo is too large for what i'm looking for - it has a lot of top-end, but too much lag! although i won't have the top-end to compete with the T3/T4, the 20G spools quicker!

besides, i don't always drive over 110mph! ...it's all about personal preference i think.

Comment

i was just gonna slap on the GReddy kit, it's the easiest... however, the Prelude GReddy kit only comes with a TD06-18G turbo. i'm thinking of swapping that out with a larger turbo, the TD06-20G - the ones that come with the MR2 kit...

some people suggest i go T3/T4, but i think that turbo is too large for what i'm looking for - it has a lot of top-end, but too much lag! although i won't have the top-end to compete with the T3/T4, the 20G spools quicker!

besides, i don't always drive over 110mph! ...it's all about personal preference i think.
                            Yup...I would rather have turbo at lower rpms...turbo lag sucks...youd have nothing....nothing....then BOOM...300hp(for example)...
                            My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Yup...I would rather have turbo at lower rpms...turbo lag sucks...youd have nothing....nothing....then BOOM...300hp(for example)...
                              exactly! i'd get more power from just straight drag...

Comment

exactly! i'd get more power from just straight drag...
                                Plus, if the turbo kicked in like that, you wouldn't have stability...youd lose traction...
                                My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Working...
                                X