aww_shiet : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
    Getting the right wheel fitment is like an art. It depends on wheel width, offset, tire size, ride height, suspension stiffness, stock/shaved/cut fenders, camber, and a few other things. Depending on your offset you could get away with 215 if you aren't that low.
    my car IS pretty low, but I wouldn't call it slammed...
    Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

If you can still fit fingers in there then you got nothing to worry about unless your ride is really soft. I found some old pictures on my hard drive of my random wheels.

I never got to drive it because the tires would touching the rear knuckles
      17x8+32 with 235/45/17 in the rear

17x8+39 235/45/17 I was able to drive on these though.

Comment

If you can still fit fingers in there then you got nothing to worry about unless your ride is really soft. I found some old pictures on my hard drive of my random wheels.

I never got to drive it because the tires would touching the rear knuckles
        17x8+32 with 235/45/17 in the rear

17x8+39 235/45/17 I was able to drive on these though.

I do have a finger gap between the tire and the car... The suspension is setup as follows on the TEIN Type-SS Coil Over Kit

I don't know what you call them, but the suspension is 16way adjustable:
        14 clicks / 16 total clicks* (FRONT)
        15 clicks / 16 total clicks* (REAR)

*It actually clicks more then 16 times, but I read not to go higher then 16 as the shocks may pop!

I'm thinking of getting another set of WORK VS-XX rims. Rear at 17x8, but I have to check the off-set.

*EDIT* Do you know the maximum off-set we could run on our cars?
        Last edited by aww_shiet; 04-03-2008, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Jed, ghost2.2 was running a 16x8 +27 with 5mm spacers I think, so he got it down to +22. I think Timmyotool got it down into the 20's too, but it requires modified fenders, a really stiff coilover (both running omnipower), and little stretching of tires.

Comment

Jed, ghost2.2 was running a 16x8 +27 with 5mm spacers I think, so he got it down to +22. I think Timmyotool got it down into the 20's too, but it requires modified fenders, a really stiff coilover (both running omnipower), and little stretching of tires.
            hmm... interesting! lol

Comment

I looked it up in their member's rides

Jed's setup was 16x7+27 with 205/45/16 on omnipower coils
              http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3222/caaarct2.jpg

Tim' setup was 16x7+25, 16x8+25 with 205/50/16 on omnipower coils
              http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...C/IMG_0994.jpg

Both of these cars are considered low.

Comment

I'm closer to getting your C2's

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet
                  I'm thinking of getting another set of WORK VS-XX rims. Rear at 17x8, but I have to check the off-set.
                  Can't wait to see how a CB looks with VS-XX Did you already pick up a set Omar or are you still contemplating gettting them?
                  ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                    I'm closer to getting your C2's
                    sweet!

Originally posted by lummieCB7
                    Can't wait to see how a CB looks with VS-XX Did you already pick up a set Omar or are you still contemplating gettting them?
                    Yea I got the rims, but I'm not really happy with them. I was hoping for a larger lip hence my conversation with a very knowledgable Blk EX Coupe. I might get a second set with a customized setup to get the result I want... We'll see

Anyone want my current set?!

Blk EX Coupe
                    Thanks Bro for all your help!

Comment

Ouu you got pmed buddy..
                      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                      ....................My New Baby
                      SOLD TO
                      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

yeah long knows his ish. if you have any more offset questions, hit me up too.
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

So you want something like this 19x9 -4 offset with a super low disk face

Comment

Hmmm Accord Inspire
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                              Ouu you got pmed buddy..
                              PM received / replied!

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                              Thanks Tim! I'll hit you up for sure if any question come up!

haha! awsome! ...yea I want something like that!

btw, that car is HOT!

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                                Thanks Tim, I learned a lot of the offset stuff from all the questions you answered for me. I use to be able to buy wheels and worry if I could afford tires, but now when shopping for wheels I have to worry about brake clearance, fender clearance, will it eat my engine harness?, and all this other crap. I have to shop for 17x8" wheels with a +32 offset or higher with high disk centers to clear my new 12.4" rotors and 4 piston monoblock calipers, and the wheel has to be 5 lug, not 9x114.3 because I can't run spacers with built in studs on 9 lug wheels. Then if I get a bigger wheel I have to worry about tires since 245 and 275 are the 2 numbers to aim for, and they are way too expensive.

Originally posted by aww_shiet
                                haha! awsome! ...yea I want something like that!

btw, that car is HOT!
                                I think he said it was like -5 degrees of camber in the rear with pulled fenders. His suspension setup is mostly CB/CD parts because I was telling him about it, and he decided to try it out.

Last edited by Blk EX Coupe; 04-04-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X