aww_shiet : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
    hey omar did you spray another clear coat on your carbon fiber hood so it wont fade or what is it that you do to keep it shiny and not fade
    I never sprayed a coat of clear on the hood... I SHOULD! It'll be SUPER SHINEY if I did, but all I do now is wax, buff, then repeat...
    Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

so you recommend getting another clear sprayed on it ?? cause i want to get one but i dont want to have it fade and look dull

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
      "2SIIC"
      Authentic Jerseys for sale
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

so you recommend getting another clear sprayed on it ?? cause i want to get one but i dont want to have it fade and look dull
        I've heard that some CF hoods do fade and REQUIRE an extra layer of clear applied to help discolorization... However, for FiberImage CF hoods, I heard that the extra layer of clear wouldn't make a difference cuz they say it doesn't fade...

...I've had mine on all three of my CBs and it hasn't faded yet

BUT, who doesn't want an extra layer of clear to add shine

Comment

lol haha true cause im thinking of getting a CF trunk since the trunk i have right now is all beat up inside and seeing that im gonna be spending the same on the cf trunk then i will be spending on getting a trunk at the junkyard and then taking it to a shop to paint it the color of my car

"2SIIC"

Comment

lol haha true cause im thinking of getting a CF trunk since the trunk i have right now is all beat up inside and seeing that im gonna be spending the same on the cf trunk then i will be spending on getting a trunk at the junkyard and then taking it to a shop to paint it the color of my car
            sounds good! ...does CF1 still exist? that's where we all got the CF trunks for the first time

Comment

yea its that one

"2SIIC"

Comment

yea its that one
                I'm debating on whether I should get another one or not... It's mostly just for show, but when I had it, it wasn't really practical...

Plus, if I got one I'd :
                1. have to remount my review camera
                2. have to remount my FM spoiler
                3. have to sound dampen the CF trunk lid
                4. remove a tension rod
                5. drill holes for the license plate
                6. run all the wires again (which sucked btw!)

BUT! ...it looks nice!

I just don't know if it's worth all the trouble though

Comment

i mean it looks tight and plus you shed a couple of pounds compared to the oem trunk and idont think i have to worry about the trunk springs since my trunk doesnt even pop up when i open it it just opens a bit and stays low

"2SIIC"

Comment

i mean it looks tight and plus you shed a couple of pounds compared to the oem trunk and idont think i have to worry about the trunk springs since my trunk doesnt even pop up when i open it it just opens a bit and stays low
                    actually i've held an OE trunk VS a CF Cb7 trunk and they weigh just about the same, maybe 2-3 pounds less but 500 bucks for 2-3 pounds?!? CF hood= good buy but not the trunk. Feel free to correct me Omar but i held the one deev has vs his OEM trunk and i was like WTF??

-sean
                    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
                      actually i've held an OE trunk VS a CF Cb7 trunk and they weigh just about the same, maybe 2-3 pounds less but 500 bucks for 2-3 pounds?!? CF hood= good buy but not the trunk. Feel free to correct me Omar but i held the one deev has vs his OEM trunk and i was like WTF??

-sean
                      It was a little bit lighter, but when I bought the trunk lid, it was mainly just for looks... (and at the time, it was BANK! )

When I popped the trunk the first time, it shot up like a catapult! You have to remove a tension rod to stop that...

Comment

hey omar are you gonna attend the no cal so cal meet???? if you are then sign up on the list so there could be more peeps from nor cal

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet
                          It was a little bit lighter, but when I bought the trunk lid, it was mainly just for looks... (and at the time, it was BANK! )

When I popped the trunk the first time, it shot up like a catapult! You have to remove a tension rod to stop that...
                          Cali-Racer has a CF trunk and put some external latches, pretty kool idea, looks kool too.. so if u accidently pop the trunk it won't fly away.. lol

oh yeh and as for the NmS meet. it looks like it will be in august. check out the regionals sometime omar.. lol. I do believe i sent out a PM to everyone(almost) in norcal section.
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

hey omar are you gonna attend the no cal so cal meet???? if you are then sign up on the list so there could be more peeps from nor cal
                            I'm planning onto going. I'll have to check my schedule for that month to see if it's do-able! ...but I DO WANT TO GO!

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
                            Cali-Racer has a CF trunk and put some external latches, pretty kool idea, looks kool too.. so if u accidently pop the trunk it won't fly away.. lol
                            When I had a CF trunk, I was thinking of doing that too! ...but then I just found it easier to lock the inside latch so I (or someone else) don't accidently pop it from inside

oh yeh and as for the NmS meet. it looks like it will be in august. check out the regionals sometime omar.. lol. I do believe i sent out a PM to everyone(almost) in norcal section.
                            Yea I got your PM. Thanks dude for the heads-up! I'll see what's going on soon!

Comment

what type of latches did he use???

"2SIIC"

Comment

what type of latches did he use???

kinda like a suit case latch.. pretty kool
                                -:¦:-
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                                X