X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    You can graduate with an EE degree in 4 years but few rarely do. I'm taking 5 years for a number of reasons. First, is that I Co-oped with a company for a semester (basically you're a full time worker and don't take any classes). So that pushed me back a semester. Second, I don't feel like rushing to get out of school since I have scholarship money that covers everything. Finally, with rugby you get 5 years of college eligibility. No way in hell I'm going to pass that up.
    Sounds good! I'd spend all day in school if they paid for mine! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    That's good! How long is school on that field?
    You can graduate with an EE degree in 4 years but few rarely do. I'm taking 5 years for a number of reasons. First, is that I Co-oped with a company for a semester (basically you're a full time worker and don't take any classes). So that pushed me back a semester. Second, I don't feel like rushing to get out of school since I have scholarship money that covers everything. Finally, with rugby you get 5 years of college eligibility. No way in hell I'm going to pass that up.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    That's good! How long is school on that field?

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    It's something I like with a good job field where I can make some real money, so yeah, it's nice.

I'd love to be involved in the aftermarket segment of the auto industry but the money offered by regular EE employing companies is far more than I would be making if I tried to get into an aftermarket company. Plus, the job market there is tiny and most of the people, even those that are working on highly technical jobs, got there by knowing someone and being brought up working with the equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    Electrical Engineering. Probably going to minor in Computer Science as well.
    Wow, sounds nice!

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Electrical Engineering. Probably going to minor in Computer Science as well.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    Eventually, yes but it's still a good ways off. I'll graduate before I get that car and I still have 3 years left
    Oh OK! What are you going to school for again?

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Finding spots is all about just wandering around for a day. Make sure to go with someone else too so you don't get jumped in a bad area.

The H&R's are hubcentric

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    Thanks man, I just can't seem to find the time or will to do it. One weekend when I have some time I'll get out. I've found some pretty sweet spots around where I live now so I plenty of new places to shoot.
    I need you places to shoot. There's a lot in Chattanooga, I just can't find them. lol

Not sure on the size yet, I need to make measurements to get the ITR's where I want them.

Right now I have 5mm OneTonGarage spacers. They aren't hubcentric so on the interstate around 60-70 MPH the front wheels shake. Have to have them to clear the brakes though, so I've just dealt with it.

Are the H&R Trak series spacers hubcentric?

The Wicked arms, quality and build wise are great. However, the design is just terrible. They are completely straight, unlike the OEM and the Ingall's units which have a bend to them. That bend prevents the knuckle from contacting the UCA. Since the Wicked arms are completely straight, they basically sit on top of the knuckle. Hard to explain but all you need to know is that it results in a bumpy rear end.

Ohhhhh I completely forgot about that. But, I remember reading about it not too long ago. I'm glad you mentioned it again!

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    It can be 100 shots in the same spot and I don't think anyone would say a word about it. Your photography is awesome, and makes the car look 100x's sicker than it already is.
    Thanks man, I just can't seem to find the time or will to do it. One weekend when I have some time I'll get out. I've found some pretty sweet spots around where I live now so I plenty of new places to shoot.

Yeah, 2 jobs + school is really wearing me out. I love the paychecks, I just hate waking up in the mornings. lol
    I know what you mean but I'm really happy the way things are right now. I get super lazy/unproductive if I'm not always having to do something.

What size spacers are you getting? What current spacers do you have that causing the vibrations?
    Not sure on the size yet, I need to make measurements to get the ITR's where I want them.

Right now I have 5mm OneTonGarage spacers. They aren't hubcentric so on the interstate around 60-70 MPH the front wheels shake. Have to have them to clear the brakes though, so I've just dealt with it.

I'm glad you mentions Wicked rear UCAs being garbage, I was looking into those. I guess I'll go with the Ingall Smartarms.[/QUOTE]

The Wicked arms, quality and build wise are great. However, the design is just terrible. They are completely straight, unlike the OEM and the Ingall's units which have a bend to them. That bend prevents the knuckle from contacting the UCA. Since the Wicked arms are completely straight, they basically sit on top of the knuckle. Hard to explain but all you need to know is that it results in a bumpy rear end.

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    More pics? Nothing's changed since any of the last pics. Plus I'm staying pretty busy with class/rugby/ect. I drive my car like 5 times a week now

Thinking about getting some H&R spacers to deal with the vibrations in the front and get a little more flush in the rear. I'm also planning on getting some Ingall's SmartArms to replace my Wicked Rear UCA's. Those suckers are garbage
    It can be 100 shots in the same spot and I don't think anyone would say a word about it. Your photography is awesome, and makes the car look 100x's sicker than it already is.

Yeah, 2 jobs + school is really wearing me out. I love the paychecks, I just hate waking up in the mornings. lol

What size spacers are you getting? What current spacers do you have that causing the vibrations?

I'm glad you mentions Wicked rear UCAs being garbage, I was looking into those. I guess I'll go with the Ingall Smartarms.

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    You still plan on getting it?
    Eventually, yes but it's still a good ways off. I'll graduate before I get that car and I still have 3 years left

Jorge, this thread needs more pics!
    More pics? Nothing's changed since any of the last pics. Plus I'm staying pretty busy with class/rugby/ect. I drive my car like 5 times a week now

Thinking about getting some H&R spacers to deal with the vibrations in the front and get a little more flush in the rear. I'm also planning on getting some Ingall's SmartArms to replace my Wicked Rear UCA's. Those suckers are garbage

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    Jorge, this thread needs more pics!

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    My mom's TL, but close enough
    You still plan on getting it?

Leave a comment:

• Tnwagn