uncle_el : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usc

now you just need to find better weather/lighting and take some good pics.

what size tires are you running? the sidewalls look a little on the meaty side.
    215/45, same tires as on the other wheels... i stay in downtown atlanta, and i guess i'm just nervous about going down to 205/45

if and when i get out to cali for residency, i may get a less meaty tire, as the roads are much better (at least from what i remember, lol).

as far as better pics: better weather/lighting, and picture taking skill would all help, lol. i need to get a digital camera of my own so i can get accustomed to taking pictures with it.

thanks for the compliments guys.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Loved the conversion of the rear doors with the rear doors handles from an integra... Im thinkin about doing that
      rears are from a 4 door accord

Comment

more pics. better light.
        need to get better at taking pictures.
        donations for a canon digital rebel are accepted, lol.

Comment

Comment

i know you probally paid to get your moldings painted

but i think they would look good black with the window chrome. love the wheelsim looking to get a six spoke very similar. i would also go to a 40 series when you need new tires. nice car

JDMED

buy my jdm part
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Re: i know you probally paid to get your moldings painted

Originally posted by 4drcord
              but i think they would look good black with the window chrome. love the wheelsim looking to get a six spoke very similar. i would also go to a 40 series when you need new tires. nice car
              one of the lucky ones to have oem body color side moldings- no painting whatsoever

hopefully i won't need new tires for another two years, at which point i'll be moving from atlanta, and hopefully to a place with better roads. then i can run 40 or maybe even 35 series. though if i end up in the heart of l.a., it may be the same, ah well.

thanks for the compliments!
              Last edited by uncle_el; 12-30-2003, 09:34 PM.

Comment

wheels look hot man.. keep it up..

ppi
                DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
                PC: *searching*

Comment

Comment

looks good how the beam pattern from the jdm 1 peaces are they bright at all or kinda shitty ive been thinking of getting them want to know if its worth it
                    cb7 sold
                    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
                      looks good how the beam pattern from the jdm 1 peaces are they bright at all or kinda shitty ive been thinking of getting them want to know if its worth it
                      well, the beam pattern is indeed different: usdm headlights are aimed towards the left, whereas the jdm headlights are aimed towards the right.
                      personally, i like it better, as the headlight aimed towards the right makes more usable light directly in front of me (though really thinking about it, is bad as it is aimed at oncoming drivers).

when the lights were installed, i saw the output from the stock h4 and h1 bulbs, and i wasn't too impressed. the output did not exceed the piaa 9006 bulbs i had in my usdm headlights.

i decided to go with the raybrig h4 and raybrig h1 bulbs (more by default, since that's what the shop had on hand) and i was truly amazed. it would have been nice to have a camera on hand to show the difference, but i didn't.

according to raybrig, the h4 bulbs are 60/55w but perform like a 130/125w. the h1 bulbs are 55w perform like 90w. i don't know how true that is, but they do indeed perform better than stock.

also, at one time i had raybrig bulbs on my usdm headlights, and i think that these h4s outperform the 9006s, though i suppose i may be biased as i like the jdm beam pattern.

usdm: piaa > raybrig > stock (sylvania?)
                      jdm: raybrig > stock

Comment

hot damn man...sick status

love everything about it from the rims to the cf hood to the paint

keep it up

My members ride thread

Comment

great makeover...i should be done with mine in about 2-3 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
                            hot damn man...sick status

love everything about it from the rims to the cf hood to the paint
                            thanks! i need to take some tips from you for keeping the paint looking fresh, as well as having the tires looking so glossy, lol.
                            great makeover...i should be done with mine in about 2-3 weeks...
                            still going back to stock?! or some other kit

Comment

wow, looks GREAT Elliot!

i'm really liking those jdm one-pieces. hotness.

lip looks good too... just don't go drivin' through any rivers

the pictures in general are much better than your earlier posted ones. they are by far your best set of pictures yet. the location you picked is nice, you've got a pretty neutral background going there. and the time of day looks to be perfect for the lighting. there's not any sun glare like the other pictures, and the car isn't as washed out - so you get much more detail... and now i can actually get a good look at the wheels up close on the car... which look awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                                wow, looks GREAT Elliot!

i'm really liking those jdm one-pieces. hotness.

lip looks good too... just don't go drivin' through any rivers

the pictures in general are much better than your earlier posted ones. they are by far your best set of pictures yet. the location you picked is nice, you've got a pretty neutral background going there. and the time of day looks to be perfect for the lighting. there's not any sun glare like the other pictures, and the car isn't as washed out - so you get much more detail... and now i can actually get a good look at the wheels up close on the car... which look awesome.
                                i love the one-piece headlights. i think they change the look of the car a lot.

i hope not to get stuck in any street rivers any time soon, lol. the way the lip is bolted down this time, the entire bumper should come off, rather than the lip breaking off, lol.

i think these pics are the best i've taken too. interestingly enough, i didn't use a digital camera this time, lol. i used my old no zoom focus $35 35mm minolta. i guess taking pics with a camera i'm familiar with, regardless of quality, is better than using one i'm unfamiliar with. what i need to do is get my own digital camera, and get used to its features and just generally how to use it. maybe i'll even get a 35mm slr. in any event, i'm definitely not an amateur photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but i'm trying to learn. i may revisit some of the locations i went to previously and use my trusty 35mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X