No announcement yet.

uncle_el : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

el, does your exhaust rest on the rear sway, because mine does and it bugs the heck outta me! the exhaust piping has already eaten away about 5cm off the sway bar, not to mention the annoying rattling during a cold start or idle. argh!

sorry to be all pissy. i always loved your car! though i never noticed that you have that dark tint on your 1-pieces. just the lighting maybe? it's hot nonetheless!

i rarely see pics of the rear of the car. i'm an ass man myself!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by resynch
      that's tight son
      thanks.

Originally posted by DsR_CB7
      i like the front end the best...maybe some jdm fogs to finish it off...
      glad you like it, as you helped contribute to the front end. not sure about the fogs- i like them on other cars, but i don't know about mine (guess i'm just weird like that).

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
      liking it alot. was the rear sway bar easy to install? hows the car handle with the rear sway-bar installed. looking to get the rear sway bar from suspension techniqes. i got a lx had to ge the whole rear subframe to get the ex sway-bar. my suggestion is that you need to lower the car. the back sits to high
      i didn't install the rear sway myself, but it seemed to be hell to get it on, as the exhuast piping of the greddy exhaust sits right in the line of where the sway bar wants to be. the solution was to literally just push the exhaust piping out of the way for the sway bar to fit. needless to say, it's a very very tight fit.

before the sways, i just had the drop on the neuspeed sport springs with kyb gr2 shocks, and a neuspeed upper strut bar. the handling was better than stock, but a lot of body roll.

now, i've added the suspension technique front and rear sway, along with a dc sports rear lower tie bar. the handling is amazing- much tighter, lots of body roll eliminated. the car really goes where i point it to go. i've had a couple of close calls on the street and highway (where some jackass cuts me off, or turns left from the lane to the right of me, etc.) and the car has been very steady in a quick lane change (right to left quickly, then back left to right quickly).
      a lot of people only get the rear sway without the front sway. i guess it's all personal preference. i'm thinking of getting a rear upper strut bar... but the thing that drwas me away is th elimination of trunk space.

the car's lowered. when i went to nashville with h23accord, jdmcb7, and 93akkord, i was impressed with their rears. h23accord and i may swap out the kyb agx shocks, and put in some koni's... if i can ever get the time to do it. that should drop that back end a bit more.
      interestingly enough, the current set up really retains the "raked" look that the car has stock (where the front end is just a little bit lower than the rear end).

Originally posted by timmy0tool
      el, does your exhaust rest on the rear sway, because mine does and it bugs the heck outta me! the exhaust piping has already eaten away about 5cm off the sway bar, not to mention the annoying rattling during a cold start or idle. argh!

sorry to be all pissy. i always loved your car! though i never noticed that you have that dark tint on your 1-pieces. just the lighting maybe? it's hot nonetheless!

i rarely see pics of the rear of the car. i'm an ass man myself!
      i guess it's the other way around, the rear sway rests on the exhaust pipe. idk what to do. in know some people have bent the exhaust piping somewhat, so that the two parts don't touch.

i expect the sway bar to eat through the exhuast pipe, or vice versa (i guess in your way it's vice versa!).

i'm not quite sure what to make of the one pieces... they do seem to be a little darker than i had expected, but i'm not sure if it's the age of the headlights that makes them that way, or if they came a bit darker. comparing to other people's pics, they seem about the same. i guess i'll let you and usc decide in december when i'm out in cali.

i think i may have some pics of the rear of the car, but i gotta blur out the license plate.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
        i dont understand whats the big deal about this car. it looks good clean i might say but its very plain to my taste. there are a couple of cars on this website that look better than this one. i like the car but its not that hot. i think that it needs to me lowered alil bit more
        Which cars look better? Somehow, you're always giving someone a bad comment. I'd hate to see what you say about my "stock" ride. Then again, I don't care what ANYONE thinks, its reliable, inexpensive, and definitely sexy.
        Honestly, the top 5 are atx, uncle_el, that guy with the Mugen rear trunk lip (forgot username), usc, and Huy009. Not in that order...

Our cars ain't meant to be kitted and winged up, the only one that looks good with that is the black CB7 with the prizmatique shit. His is seriously sick. Rebels is nice as well.

But uncle_el, you're doin it up mang. I'm definitely working on my suspension next! Keep it up.
        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by br0nx finest
          [B]Which cars look better? Somehow, you're always giving someone a bad comment. I'd hate to see what you say about my "stock" ride. Then again, I don't care what ANYONE thinks, its reliable, inexpensive, and definitely sexy.
          Honestly, the top 5 are atx, uncle_el, that guy with the Mugen rear trunk lip (forgot username), usc, and Huy009. Not in that order...

i was saying this because i read the post from other members and they are saying that this car is so hot. i like the car alot very simple and impressive to my liking. im not the only one that gives people bad comments onthere rides. please check again. im entitled to free speech.file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Solly%20D/My%20Documents/04%20ACCORD%20PICS/BRELIN%20CAR%20PIC.jpg

Comment

why are you starting so much trouble on here?
            sorry el

JDMED

buy my jdm part
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
              why are you starting so much trouble on here?
              sorry el
              el sorry. anyway im not starting trouble, im just stating my opinion. like el said im entitled to a free speech. ill say it again i like ur car.

Comment

Comment

DROP IT MORE SUCKA FISH!
                  lookin so fresh and and so clean clean clean

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

"money shot" of a friend's accord (he is a member on here):

Comment

Love the car! really clean! the only suggestion I have is with the rear bumper's lip... I'd paint it black so it matches the front lip and the side skirts, unless you're planning on doing those in white, but then I think it would be too much white. But, anyways, very nice and clean! I like!
                      AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
                      My CarDomain...

Comment

Very nice pics. I really like that first pic. Very nice. Looks clean and mean!
                        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by Kriesel
                          Love the car! really clean! the only suggestion I have is with the rear bumper's lip... I'd paint it black so it matches the front lip and the side skirts, unless you're planning on doing those in white, but then I think it would be too much white. But, anyways, very nice and clean! I like!
                          i was involved in an accident quite a few years back in which both the front and rear bumpers were replaced. the bumper came that way.

the front lip and sideskirts are unpainted. not quite black, not quite gray, lol.

Originally posted by H23Accord
                          Very nice pics. I really like that first pic. Very nice. Looks clean and mean!
                          would you happen to know who's sedan that is?!

Comment

El, I love your car. Question though, why does your front hang a little (wow, that didn't sound kosher) lol... And that sedan is pure sex, is it h23accord's? What do I win?
                            '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                            -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                            10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
                              El, I love your car. Question though, why does your front hang a little (wow, that didn't sound kosher) lol... And that sedan is pure sex, is it h23accord's? What do I win?
                              i think the front appears to be a lot lower than it is because of the greddy lip. the lip itself is probably 3 inches or so off the ground. also, the neuspeed sport springs are rated at 1.7" drop in the front, and 1.5" in the rear, giving the car a "raked" look (accords stock actually have a bit of rake).
                              so, combine the "rake" of the drop, plus the lip in the front, and the car appears to be very very low.

unless you mean the middle portion of the bumper 92accorddx pointed out the same thing, my response:

Originally posted by uncle_el
                              yep, you got it (the bumper is from an accident i was involved in 4 years ago... it had some plastic mesh, which i promptly removed).

yea, the accord is h23accord's. it's pretty hot, and has a lot in it, but it's very subtle. i'll let him decide whether he'll ever make a member's ride thread or not to find out. your prize is an e-cookie, lol.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X