No announcement yet.

According2Aaron : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it just the pics or does that Fox body have a massive dent behind the drivers side front wheel?
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

post your cars pic on honda-tech.com see what they think about it

Comment

Dude your car is so hood rich.....don't even listen to these haters.....its pretty much unavoidable to catch shit from someone on this board unless you have every jdm piece known to man. Brush it off and act like you didnt even see the post. Anyone who shows intrest in customizing their car is cool in my book. The people that bore me are the ones that don't see their car for more then just a piece of equipment from point a to b.
        my ride

Comment

Originally posted by N1ghtM0nkey
          Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
          Yeah, true. But like I said, it's not my pride and joy; it's just mah skeet ride.

Originally posted by CoPilot1
          is it just the pics or does that Fox body have a massive dent behind the drivers side front wheel?
          Yeah, there's a dent there. But I'm not worried about it.

Originally posted by Skunk138cb7
          post your cars pic on honda-tech.com see what they think about it
          No.

Originally posted by bracersi
          Dude your car is so hood rich.....don't even listen to these haters.....its pretty much unavoidable to catch shit from someone on this board unless you have every jdm piece known to man. Brush it off and act like you didnt even see the post. Anyone who shows intrest in customizing their car is cool in my book. The people that bore me are the ones that don't see their car for more then just a piece of equipment from point a to b.
          Yeah, I'm also annoyed by people who think cars and trucks are simple forms of transportation. Now, with my truck, I don't like to customize it, I like to keep it stock and I'll keep it stock when I restore it, but I certainly don't see it as a form of transportation to get me from point A to point B. In fact, that truck's my baby and I love it a lot more than I do my Honda. Don't get me wrong, folks. I love CB7s and I want to have a CB7 one day that will be my baby like my truck, but this particular CB7 is my skeet-skeet. lol

Comment

I.... I have to admit I have a situation that in an almost scarily way is similar in way to many aspects... where to start.. I bought my 91 lx (auto, still auto for now) from a smooth talkin mexican... get the title in the mail and it's a rebuilt salvage. So like you I have a rebuilt engine. Also have the Short Ram air (cold air has the pipe all the way down in the fender well under that battery) and a muffler and no more perf. wise. I bought what happens to be the exact same wing as what you have. Mine is still sitting on the old trunk lid next to the house. I personally like it a bit but it was annoying 1: cops profiled me way too much 2: on the highway it actually cause a little too much drag which I noticed after talking the wing off(front wheel drive you lose traction when you move the weight to the back). I had the stock wheels for a while with no hubcaps, then with original hubs painted black, now with white 15" wheels I got used from another accord owner at work that used to be chrome for $200. Had a run in with a curb in rain that set my right front wheel back also. The front mount is just one of you engine mounts=replacable. Mine still sitting back but it's been aligned and still solid enough to not really worry about. (getting fixed in a couple weeks) Mines a little more than just a skeeter beater since I paid a bit much for the car so it's a love/hate relationship. (could it partly be cause it's been broken into and had a wire short cause the throttle cable coating to catch on fire?) Newho tis a work in progress and ppl cry rice. Actually also had the 90-91 bumpers but another guy on here gave me his old 93 bumpers. Had my front mostly cut out almost like yours plus being bent a bit when I got it = not good.

To you I say keep doing what you are doing... driving around having fun in a honda. Even if they aren't the tightest or fastest they are fun to drive and hats of to you for becoming a honda liker from the truck/redneck side. Since I had that same wing, OH!! and the same trunk mod! here are a couple diff things you can do that don't cost nething change the wing height settings. I would even take the small wing off from time to time. You can take the smaller blade off and turn the side fins around. Tis interesting try it sometime... For the trunk you need to get about 2ft of small chain. drill a hole in the middle of the arm coming down and put a screw threw it. There should be a hole in the trunk lid a little towards the back of the car from where the arms bolt up to. hood the chain to the screw and the hole and adjust to get the trunk level. With the wing it won't sit suspended so adjust it level when the lid rests on the car. Went to an all inclusive car meet with a few hundred cars (b4 when my car was painted nasty w/old bumpers) and a number of ppl gave me props for it. *doors are shave!!!!* Do you have the poppers to open it automatically and everything? If I were you when you get your next car change those doors over they are worth more than the whole car if you consider shops can charge 15-1700 for a pair of doors. A temp easy thing you can do for the front bumper is put some more good-ol gutter gaurd in as a grill.

I've been flamed plenty for lots of the same stuff as you so I feel ya man. Ive a good amount of redneck in me so idk. Keep on bro props for project fun. <-- hah now hows that for a project compared to everything else on this board? (we need a who can be the most riced out cb7 competition. which will be followed by cb7KKK burning, or at least flaming, the car lol)
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

lol. I've got another trunk lid from Luis (Patastinky) when I bought my engine from him for $30, and I've been thinking about swapping it over without the wing to see how I like it. The wing is fun I guess because nobody else really has anything like that (around here, at least). Well, except now a guy I know put a similar wing on his white '96/'97 Civic sedan. I joke with him that his car is my car's Mini Me because it's a white four-door Honda with a wing and black steel wheels.

The doors actually aren't completely shaved. Only the moldings are shaved, but the handles are still there.

I'd thought about filling the front bumper with wire but haven't gotten around to it, but I might later.

Yeah, I have a newfound love for our little Hondas. Mainly I like Accords, our fourth generations in particular, but I like some Civics and CRXs, etc., but I still do love Fords, Ford trucks, all the other domestics I've always loved. It's just that I now love both domestics and imports (mainly Honda).
              Last edited by According2Aaron; 03-06-2006, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7
                .................... If you like it, I guess that's all that matters!
                x2

Comment

Yeah the wing is unique, I liked mine a bit but honestly when you try not having it on and see how your car will drive better you'll realize why it's for rear wheel drive cars. But anywho bet your cb7 takes down that civic hands down. k noticed the handles but still nice with the trim shaved. But yeah the wire doesn't take too much time, just clear coat it at least so it will last longer before rusting. Sounds bad but they don't rust severly, mostly just the color degrades to really dull if you don't coat it. And if you make it to a junk yard grad some stock hubcaps and paint them white I've seen it done on a not white accord and it looked good bet it'd look even better on your car.

Comment

Yeah, both the winglessness and bumper wire "projects," if you will, are most likely going to be the next non-repair modifications.

I was coming home from Sanford yesterday in my F-150 and I met a '90/'91 CB7 with the trunk lights painted like mine and I liked what I saw, how it didn't have a wing. Granted, I didn't see it but in a flash, but I still think it will be a nice modification.

Comment

Yeah, It's going through the different stages that makes you and your car a part of cb7tuner mines been through some stages that I have to admit looked a lot worse than yours. (now I don't know about the dryer vent...) But ya somethings always changing on it. That's what makes it MINE Post pics when you do change the stuff over even if it's only temporary^_^ Oh and make sure you hide the wing if you think you might wanna put it back on i think every other redneck in the area may try to snatch it when they hear it's off lol...

Comment

lol! I'll make sure to lock it up in the basement. Yeah, I think it'll look good without the wing but we'll see when I swap the trunk lids.

Comment

Bump for repairs!

Well, I took the Honda to our new mechanic and he was willing to bend the mount back and weld it back together. It's great now! He says it's stronger than it ever was before.

I also got my heat shield out of the basement and spraypainted the rusty sucker with grey primer. I think it looks pretty good. It's drying now so I'll put it on the car tomorrow at Auto-Tech II.

I also cleaned out all the junk out of my trunk (what am I gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside my trunk? lol) and I vacuumed it out and put only a few items back in the trunk.

Comment

Wassup mang longtime no chat.....lol
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Haha. Do I know you?

Comment

Well, I baleeted the wing for a while. I swapped the trunk off for the one I got from Patastinky's coupe. I swapped the lights, lock cylinder, everything over, except the wing. I figure if I drive around for a while without the wing and decide I miss it, I'll put the old trunk lid back on. I'll post pictures whenever I can get ahold of my brother's camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X