No announcement yet.

Boost_Lee : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bought the coil used - its a msd baster SS coil. I removed the msd 6a and i just wire my internal dizzy to convert to external. The coil is probably older since this dizzy was on my old f22a4, which i bought with 180K on it. the inside of the dizzy is stamped REMAN. though...I MIGHT have another ignitor in my h22a dizzy that i bought from primocb7, will the ignitor directly swap over?

ask and you shall recieve

Kam - i am using the 4554 NGKs right now, which are 8's. i think thats 3 step colder since stock for a SOHC is a 5. im gapped down to .16 -.19 and it still blows out/sputters/misses under WOT boost. i guess he ran 8's since i am running 20 psi

also, my wideband reading were showing 12's in full boost, but i'll have to datalog just to make sure since i cant really look down to much, lol
    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 01-07-2008, 04:19 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Temp mount it on top of the dash if you have long enough wire lol. But damn should have came to Tony1 in Dallas man!

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

dont think its the tune, i think its my car...

ill be swapping my dizzy internals tomorrow. using a different ignitor and going back to internal dizzy. see how it works out

also, anyone think it COULD be a fuel filter problem?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          dont think its the tune, i think its my car...

ill be swapping my dizzy internals tomorrow. using a different ignitor and going back to internal dizzy. see how it works out

also, anyone think it COULD be a fuel filter problem?
          if the fuel filter is old, might as well change it. lols you got pm foo

Comment

How's your car doing with the changes you made?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

still did it today. sucks, im back to internal coil with a newer (low mileage jdm h22) ignitor. what yall think? fuel filter? havent changed that in about 3-4 years.

finally got a cop of this emailed to me...torque was higher on the prvious run, but this was the final

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq

Comment

Change the fuel filter.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Doesn't look like he played with timing much. That torque curve shouldn't be that wavy.

If torque lowered from one run to the next, then he richened it up too much.

He really did a 'safe tune' on yours.

But back to your issue.

You should try using 2 step colder plugs. NGK R BKR7E-11's

Comment

k i'll try 7's with a new fuel filter, see how that goes

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq

Comment

i bet that shorter geared tranny really makes that torque come alive.
                      I'm glad to see you were able to get this project completed.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                        k i'll try 7's with a new fuel filter, see how that goes
                        i used #7s no problem but hard to get at a autoparts store

Comment

thanks keeles

werd, i just ot a set today at napa. guess they had a few there. However, im still getting the same problem. gapped at 24 on the 7's

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

heres shots of the 7's after a run and i drove home.

the car still broke up at a 24 gap, but it was less consistent. it would break up, i let off, and go wot, it wouldnt break up. weird

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq

Comment

Have you got a laptop? Have you done any datalogging while driving around?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yea, you're running to hot still. The brown color on the strap should stop about half way.

Comment

Working...
                                X