Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
    whose stg 1?

It all depends on the pressure plate, that is the clamping force on the disk. If you want 300whp/tq you can get a medium to heavy duty pressure plate and run a full faced disk with no problems. Just saying that a puck is not totally necessary.

Beware of the hp ratings on clutches...I could have sworn that the tq rating is the one that matters. The more Tq you have, the more grasping power of the pressure plate you need
    well i was thinking about going with either ACT or Fidenza Stage 1. Im not sure if i want to stick with a 6 puck.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

thanks alot lee for the suggestions. i might do some more looking. i have time to do so. LOL!!!
      OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
        well i was thinking about going with either ACT or Fidenza Stage 1. Im not sure if i want to stick with a 6 puck.
        personally I loved my ACT. had the heavy duty PP with a sprung 6 puck and it held great (the PP was even USED when I got it)

I had a clutch specialties 6 puck that slipped the first 100 miles after the break in

Ive heard great things about competition clutch and their pedal feel. Call them up and they can surely suggest the right package for you.

If you dont mind pedal, my LSD dragger hasnt failed me yet when I hit 300. We'll see if it holds higher

No prob T04E

now quit whoring my thread!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

this is what i want my car to be a fucking beast
          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

far too kind my friend

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq

Comment

purchased:

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq

Comment

purchased:

exact same one i got which slim fan are you using?

Comment

Flex-A-Lite

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq

Comment

Lol same radiator as my one too, You get 10" or 12" fan?
                    Btw - when you mount it, drill the spot welds out of the Oem bottom radiator mounts and reweld them into position where you want the radiator to sit, also reuse the accord rubbers too.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

shit
                      JB WELD TIME! ahahah
                      oh yes...Im going there

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq

Comment

Hey man are you running an OEM crank pulley? Or the smaller underdrive version?
                        I got my bar finished tonight, and I'm having a slight clearance issue when the L/F suspension compresses.
                        Do you know of any OEM pulleys that are a touch smaller than the F22 one?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Im running the OEM pulley an it has no clearance issues with the ESP taction setup. has about an inch clearance on the side of it

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Did you get a chance to drive the car after you install the ESP traction bar bro? I know that your car is down a lot, that's why I have to ask I'm just curious as to how it performs..The cross bar itself looks so skinny compared to the stock crossmember, is it really stiffer? The adjustable strut rod looks good..Do you think it's worth the price?

Anyways, I'm just curious..I installed the ES strut rod bushings last time and that made a huge difference..I'm thinking with ESP traction bar it would be even better..

So when is the car going to be up and running? Can't wait to see your new setup

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

im hoping 2-3 weeks for it to be running again but we'll see...

the traction bar is phenominal over the stock unit. Especialyy is your radius rod bushings or going bad (few people change them)

The stock unit is so light compared to the ESP unit, it really stiffens up the front end alot. I noticed better turning with the bar, and the motor doesnt move at all with that optional front mount. Wheel spin is still there of course (far less of it though), but it completely eliminated wheel HOP. No more bouncing, shaking dash, falling interior parts when you launch, just a smooth CONTROLABLE wheelspin (which is far less overall spin than with the stock unit). i love mine!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq

Comment

im hoping 2-3 weeks for it to be running again but we'll see...

the traction bar is phenominal over the stock unit. Especialyy is your radius rod bushings or going bad (few people change them)

The stock unit is so light compared to the ESP unit, it really stiffens up the front end alot. I noticed better turning with the bar, and the motor doesnt move at all with that optional front mount. Wheel spin is still there of course (far less of it though), but it completely eliminated wheel HOP. No more bouncing, shaking dash, falling interior parts when you launch, just a smooth CONTROLABLE wheelspin (which is far less overall spin than with the stock unit). i love mine!
                                Lol found the source of my rubbing issue - My front engine mount wasn't connected. So Its all good now

And X2 to your tractionbar statement - The improvement is hugely noticeable. I'm absolutely amazed at the traction difference.
                                And haha yea the "No more bouncing, shaking dash, falling interior parts when you launch" Is definatly a huge bonus
                                Thanks for all the help Lee

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X