No announcement yet.

trboaccord : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very creative. The front end is absolutely awsome.
    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

once again guys thatnks for all the compliments....on a more serious note my h22 spun a rod bearing about 3 weeks ago, and i am waiting to tow it to my freinds house so we can tear it down and rebuild it. Fortunatly i just got the motor through my brother and his work so it has a warranty and they are giving me all my money back and i'm keeping the motor, so hopefully i'll have it back on the road in a few weeks or so..

Comment

Just wanted to add a quick update because it has been forever!!!!
        I am just about done prepping my h22 for reassembly, all i have left to do now is do the final cleaning of everything and i will begin the reassambly. The reason it has taken so long is becuase i moved up into new car sales at my work and i am working 65+ hrs a week..

Anyways the H22

completely blueprinted and balanced bottom end
        jdm type-s pistons
        Arp head studs
        its basicly a completly new bottom end, all bearings, water pump, etc..

My head i haven't done anything to yet, im going to get the motor back together and broken in properly first.
        Once that is done, skunk2 valvetrain, and stage2 cams are going in

I should have it up and running in a few weeks, i'll post pics as soon as i do

Comment

damn...those SI wheels sure does goes alone with the cb....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Engine Pics

Here are a few pics from building my engine.

A nice side shot showing the higher compression Type-S pistons, ignore the lube on the block, thats from assembly, and the pistons are clean, the black on top is just from carbon.

Comment

Damn bro you sold her and then bought her back...lol anyways nice job with the motor build-up.
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

n/a h22s are awesome i'll b checking on this regularly

ps. front end is SICK( love the headlights )

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

love the stance of the ride, and the way the rims look with the color of your cb. I want to get those rims for my ride as well. Keep it up.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

once again thanks for the compliments, and i'll keep you guys posted, i'm breaking in the motor right now, and once its broken in, i'm going to put a h23 tranny i just picked up in, as well as a new clutch/flywheel setup not sure on what ind just yet i'm still doing the research

Comment

very nice man, you'll LOVE the h23 trans on that motor (same setup as i have), and i very highly recommend an EXEDY Stage 1 Organic clutch. best bang for the buck. ill swear by that clutch, til im over 300hp :P

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

yea we put a h23 tranny on my friends h22 in his eg hatch and it was nice!! , thanks for the input on the clutch, im not sure yet tho im kinda leaning towards stage 2. the only reason is cuz im now going to be doing a serious head build, skunk2 pro 2+ cams, ported head, etc, etc

Comment

Originally posted by trboaccord
                          yea we put a h23 tranny on my friends h22 in his eg hatch and it was nice!! , thanks for the input on the clutch, im not sure yet tho im kinda leaning towards stage 2. the only reason is cuz im now going to be doing a serious head build, skunk2 pro 2+ cams, ported head, etc, etc
                          uh oh.... do i smell LOPEY ASS idle ....

sounds good man!!!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                          My Ride thread
                          Flickr
                          Originally posted by d112crzy
                          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                          All I gotta really say is:
                          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

lol, lopey is fine with me, i'm waiting to see some dyno charts of the skunk2 stage 2 pros, the only one on their site if of the stage ones, and those with stock cam gears, skunk2 high comp valves, basic bolt ons, and no additional tuning made for an almost 30hp increase@7500rpm, and 20ft/lb torque@ 7500, but they also make power gains all the way through the rpm range.

Comment

god bro i love the way the whole car looks espically the legend front lip

Comment

Well once again she's down for motor work. I had about 945 miles on the fresh rebuild, still breaking it in and babying it, and I was on my way home from work on the highway and my car felt sluggish as i was going up the on ramp, and without warning it just died. No sounds or strange noises it just quit, now from previous experiences I decided against trying to start it back up because i wanted to avoid damaging anything else, and so i towed it to my freinds house where we do all the work. Turns out the Crank was improperly layered on the #2 journal and so it allowed the bearing to slip around and come apart AGAIN! So now My brother's shop who got me the crank is buying me a BRAND NEW one and paying for all the labor.

Now I'm comtemplating more block work and doing my headwork at the same time. Any ideas let me know?

Comment

Working...
                                X