Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not touching the bottom end, besides the pressing of the h22 pistons onto f22 rods.

I don't plan to take this motor much above 7.5k. I don't like revving all that high, or having to rev that high to make power.

The only clearances I'm worried about is piston to valve, which I'm definitely making sure they don't come close.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
      I'm not touching the bottom end, besides the pressing of the h22 pistons onto f22 rods.

I don't plan to take this motor much above 7.5k. I don't like revving all that high, or having to rev that high to make power.

The only clearances I'm worried about is piston to valve, which I'm definitely making sure they don't come close.
      Planning on claying the motor? Might aswell just save up and get the CC clearance.

Comment

yup, I'm claying it myself.

Comment

yup, I'm claying it myself.
          Do you have a set budget for the project?

Comment

Not a set one. Just spend as little as possible.

I don't like working with set budgets. it NEVER works.

Comment

Not a set one. Just spend as little as possible.

I don't like working with set budgets. it NEVER works.
              Always put up some sort of budget, That way You will know for sure if you can finish your project. Even if the budget fails you will have a rough estimate of every thing's cost, So if you decide to do it again you know what to try and get cheaper or what to do cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                Always put up some sort of budget, That way You will know for sure if you can finish your project. Even if the budget fails you will have a rough estimate of every thing's cost, So if you decide to do it again you know what to try and get cheaper or what to do cheaper.
                Budgets are for people who have control issues. I go with the flow and whatever life throws at me. Life isn't always planned.

I'll spend whatever I have to spend. It's still going to be less than what most people would spend either way.

Comment

Hey jose, it would be a good idea to hone the bore anyways...
                  My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Give me $400 and I'll do it. Not very many shops here in Orlando hone frm sleeves.

Everything is a good idea. Not everything is necessary.
                    Last edited by d112crzy; 10-27-2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Give me $400 and I'll do it.
                      lol, Hes right, The FRM sleeves takes special stones to hone.

For the price you will pay to hone it out, its more cost effective to have steel liners installed and then honed.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                        lol, Hes right, The FRM sleeves takes special stones to hone.

For the price you will pay to hone it out, its more cost effective to have steel liners installed and then honed.
                        what special stone is this?

Comment

It's not so much the price of the stone, it's the different care required to hone FRM sleeves.
                          Much more delicate and easier to fuck up. It's also more of a hassle to be switching stones on the machines.

The more time the spend prepping, the more it costs. Shop labor isn't cheap in big cities.

Comment

It's not so much the price of the stone, it's the different care required to hone FRM sleeves.
                            Much more delicate and easier to fuck up. It's also more of a hassle to be switching stones on the machines.

The more time the spend prepping, the more it costs. Shop labor isn't cheap in big cities.
                            Why not have iron sleeves installed or use a f22 block and your vtec head?

Comment

Why not do some research on why that is much more expensive than what I'm doing?

Comment

Why not do some research on why that is much more expensive than what I'm doing?
                                Because I rather research 7mgte's

Comment

Working...
                                X