No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well let me just restate this so everyone knows, incase they have forgotten. Moving sucks ass!

In lieu of that, we still haven't even moved all of our stuff yet. I stopped moving things as we had to figure out some stuff in our house before adding even more. We had boxes everywhere and couldn't find hardly anything. We have 2 more rooms with boxes all over, and once we have gone though those, I'm going to work on getting the rest to the new house.

I've ordered main and rod bearings for the F23A1 engine that I had built a few years ago but never got the bearings to finish out the block. Those bearings arrived last Wednesday I think, but I haven't been back to the old house yet to even look at them. I'm just going to assemble the F23A1 and get it in Lola and then determine the future of the H22A1 and the supercharger.

Goal is to enjoy the car during the summer this year. Last 2 years it has basically just sat and been looked at.

Here is a recap of that engine quickly:

F23A1 Block (Over bored 1mm for the K24Z3 pistons)
    KS Tuned F23 pistons good for 600 HP
    KS Tuned Balance Shaft Delete
    F23A1 Crankshaft Polished
    K24Z3 Nippon Racing Pistons (11.3 or so compression)
    Balanced Rotating Assembly
    Bisimoto F23 Stainless Intake and Exhaust Valves 1mm Oversize
    F23A1 Cylinder Head (Ported & Polished)
    JDM F22B1 Cusco PowerBall Header w/ downpipe
    F23A1 Intake Manifold ported by SBS (Almost 2 liters of plenum volume)
    RDX Injectors (If I remember these are big enough for 200HP, if not I might need to get some Hunter Tuned injectors or something. But aren't they 550cc?)
    70mm Throttle body (Can't remember the brand on this one, might be K-Tuned)
    Intake plenum port matched to throttle body
    Rosko Racing IACV adapter

I did something with the fuel rail to make it work on our cars and with the RDX injectors but I can't remember off the top of my head without looking at it, but it isn't a stock setup either.

I'm sure there are some other things for this engine that I don't remember off the top of my head right now, but this is a pretty good idea for you guys of what I have going into this thing. I don't think I've documented the aquisition of most of these parts on the forums. There are a few people on here who know I have been building this thing slowly for awhile now. Raf, Grumpy, NHP

I'm sitting on a stock F23A1 camshaft and a stock F22B1 camshaft. According to Gary (jdm92_accorn), the F22B1 cam should make 5-10% more power than the F23A1 camshaft in the F23A1, as they make roughly the same HP (F23A1 has 5 hp more than the F22B1). While the F23A1 is a bigger engine, therefore the extra HP had to be made up in the camshaft alone. I know this isn't ideal and I need either a reground or a custom camshaft. I'm going to get ahold of Rocket Motorsports and see if they can get me something that would be good on the street/strip. They have a stage 4 camshaft for the F23A1 but it's speced for a dirt racing car. I don't know if I can get the camshaft done before I'm ready to have this in the car.

The goal for this engine has been to make 200hp/200tq, would make for a really fun driving car and might surprise a lot of people.

The block is fully ready to assemble now that I have the bearings in hand. I have roughly 1-2 hours of port work left on the exhaust side and just cleaning up the casting on the intake side of the head. I'm assuming probably about 5 hours left to finish up the cylinder head and send it out to the machine shop. Only problem is I don't have any of my tools or the engine parts here at the new hours. It's some of the things to start collecting once we finish unpacking what we have already.

List of things I know I need.

F23A1 Head Gasket - $180 Golden Eagle takes OEM headgaskets and bores them out for oversized pistons
    F23A1 Camshaft - $XXX Rocket Motorsports, Bisimoto (currently out of stock), Delta, Web Cams (No idea what to do on this one, some input would be nice)
    F23A1 Engine Seals - $XXX OEM for the most part on this
    F23A1 Timing Belt Kit - $XXX
    F23A1 Cylinder Head Rebuild - $200 (if not doing the oversized valves, no clue what they will charge me for those)

There is the current plan laid out. I need to go to the old house this weekend. I want to get all the parts to assemble the block and work on that in my free time, in the evenings after the kids and everything are in bed.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Moving is the worst. I hope you and the fan get settled in soon!

Lola getting some love will be long overdue CB7tuner content. The RDX injectors are referenced as 410cc but the output varies by fuel rail pressure. They seem to be able to reach 500cc+ at higher pressures.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

From what I understand, RDX injectors are good for up to about 240whp at 80% duty cycle in an NA application. Less power at same duty for boost.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-25-2024, 03:48 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Bleh, always something. I was put on call so I can't go work at the old house to get the Pilot moving forward. I might be able to run out there and pick up the F23 parts and work on that some. There is no cell service out there, so I can't just hang out while on call.

Machine shop called yesterday and I got both the 04 TL J32, and the 09 Pilot J35Z engines are done. I have picked them up today. The wife will say the engine for the Pilot is at the top of the list, so it means Lola's engine is pushed back a little bit more.

Comment

I've been using this forum since 2015 and I had no idea this build thread was in this subforum. Very cool. Looks like you've been puzzling about the camshaft for a while. If the one you want is discontinued, the bismoto?, you could get the specs for it and ask Delta to do a custom grind to match.

Congrats on the house!
            ==========================
            1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
            1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
            Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
            Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
            M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
            Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Thanks for stopping by Ukemike. There is all kinds of awesome stuff contained in the different MRT threads.

I've finally gotten the F23A engine to the house and all the corresponding parts. Now I've buried my entire work room in boxes and things, and have no space. Also I still need to get the Pilot engine put back together. I did finally find the o-rings that were holding that up. Now I just need the space to be able to finish that motor and get busy on the F23A. Here soon. Lola is now sitting outside, letting me know everyday I need to take her for a drive.

Comment

Working...
              X