No announcement yet.

JDMchristian991 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the cb7tuner community thank you for rescuing this cb.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
      From the cb7tuner community thank you for rescuing this cb.
      it definitely needed me.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Ok so I worked on the car a little this evening. I removed the rear bumper and loosed the side skirts in preparation for beginning of rust repair this Saturday. Honestly the rust is not as bad as I was expecting. Its definitely not great, but not awful. Only the ps under the side skirt is actually bad, and we have fixed much worse.

DS upper quarter

DS lower quarter

PS upper quarter

PS lower quarter (the bad)

two for fun.

And a little daily love. This car wouldn't be being built if it wasn't for the DD.

Last edited by JDMchristian991; 04-02-2014, 07:58 PM.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

This thing is going to look great when its done! Keep up the good work!! Love the sawblades! miss my old set

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
            This thing is going to look great when its done! Keep up the good work!! Love the sawblades! miss my old set
            Thanks the plan is to keep it simple and clean. The sawblades are actually for sale in my fs thread.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
              Thanks the plan is to keep it simple and clean. The sawblades are actually for sale in my fs thread.
              Ya I saw that, too bad your not closer

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                Ya I saw that, too bad your not closer
                I ship.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

The weathers been real shitty here the past few days, but I managed to get a little work done yesterday. I got the f22a1 out of the car on a stand finally and tore into it. I bought the car with a "blown headgasket" and it heated up very quickly. Now, I pulled the head and to me the headgasket looked fine. I also know that they don't always have noticeable defects when blown also. In addition my water pump literally fell apart when I removed it. The blade actually fell off. I'm thinking the pump was bad and not pushing any water, hence the quick overheating.

Start of the day.

Everything apart.

Big o box of shit.

The block didn't look as bad as I expected. The cylinders actually still had honing marks in them? I'm assuming the bottem end has been rebuilt sometime in its 280k.

The head, well it looked like a head with 280k on it. but really no worse then I expected.

So now I have a choice to make.

Option 1: Order a jdm f22b dohc and just swap the car. Scrap/sell what I don't need from the f22a.

Option 2: Rebuild the f22a, arp headstuds, bisi hg, h23 intake manifold, 272 regrind and boost it on a dsm kit.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

No opinions huh? Oh well, I decided to stay on track and swap the f22b. I'll be using what I need from the f22a and probably selling it cheap/scraping it.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Ok so we're still inching forward. Someone pretty local to me is buying the sawblades here in the next week or so. Once he does i'll be very close to having enough for my f22b . So the cpf's got there first fitting onto the car today. It already makes it look so much better. I'll be pulling them soon for a refinish though.

Also I got my f22a transmission cleaned up and painted and ready to go on the new motor. And finally I finished my power steering delete. All of my lines are now gone, I looped the vss and jb welded the 3 smaller lines, i'll be keeping the 4th large line as a place to fill power steering fluid/ as a breather.

edit. And yeah I forgot, we have started slowly tackling the rust. All spots are cut out, and we are starting to add new metal to the large spot in the ps rear door well. Pics of that later.

PICTARS.

Bye bye blades.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Pretty big update here. I haven't updated in a little while, so i'll break it up.

Ok i'll stat with the rust. We finally got to start tackling it. To my surprise it really wasn't as bad as it looked. Both quarter panel spots had been "repaired" before, meaning filled with bondo and painted over. Once we got to grinding we found that those spots weren't bad at all. As far as the lower quarter/door jam goes the ds to my delight was not bad at all, the ps as seen below is a huge gaping hole, but even it was smaller then expected.

DS

PS

The HOLE. Which we already started repairing.

A few days later the rain broke and I got a little more done on the car. The plan is to freshen up the bay as much as possible before the motor gets here, so the first step was removing the harness from the sides and anything else that can't be taped up.

Ended up with this, to my surprise I was able to get most of the harness clips out without breaking them.

This is AFTER being pressure washed BTW, that's how nasty the bay was.

The next step after this is start taping and sanding in preparation for primer/paint. The color for the car is a honda white, but not frost white.

Last and biggest update for this car.

So, these guys finally found a new owner.

Which means I could finally order this.

And as a closer, I thought this was a cool picture of my cpf's

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Once the rust is gone it's gonna look so much better!!! Love the plans
                          Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

looks like your gonna have a factory fresh car like wildcatloe.
                            CB7TUNER.com
                            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatloe View Post
                              Once the rust is gone it's gonna look so much better!!! Love the plans
                              Thanks. We'll be working on te rust a little more this week.
                              Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                              looks like your gonna have a factory fresh car like wildcatloe.
                              Thanks. Itll be far from a show car but itll be a nice weekend/autocross/ occasional vir car.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Love the work you've done so far! The rust didn't look to bad, lucky thing too. Cant wait to see more

Are you just letting the metal expose to the rain or are you putting some rust paint on it till you get to put new metal on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X