Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
    I like the rims bro.

Sucks that Ur ecu is from an auto man, is that the one from 19dabeast85? I'm pretty sure he said his car was an automatic.
    No, the one from 19dabeast is what's powering the car right now and I need to swap it for a stock pt6 manual ASAP because the p06 that's in there was tuned for his setup and not mine. It runs the car rich and was setup for a bisi header and a cam.
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
      No, the one from 19dabeast is what's powering the car right now and I need to swap it for a stock pt6 manual ASAP because the p06 that's in there was tuned for his setup and not mine. It runs the car rich and was setup for a bisi header and a cam.
      Oh shit, well I hope you get it all sorted out bro.

How much work was that h23 im install? I'm looking into one maybe.
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Contact cloudasc about how to convert an auto to manual ecu.

Comment

Oh shit, well I hope you get it all sorted out bro.

How much work was that h23 im install? I'm looking into one maybe.
          It wasnt to bad, few hours. Install is always easier than the removal of the stock part your replacing. Jacked the car up to get to the lower IM bolts and the bracket that is connected to it. Wired the black box to the ecu and the black/yellow wire going into the fuse box under the Hood. Sounds vtec when iabs open and has more top end noe. I recommend doing this as one of the first upgrades. I added a 3" intake as well.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Contact cloudasc about how to convert an auto to manual ecu.
          Ok will do, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
            It wasnt to bad, few hours. Install is always easier than the removal of the stock part your replacing. Jacked the car up to get to the lower IM bolts and the bracket that is connected to it. Wired the black box to the ecu and the black/yellow wire going into the fuse box under the Hood. Sounds vtec when iabs open and has more top end noe. I recommend doing this as one of the first upgrades. I added a 3" intake as well.
            Ya I hear that, removal is always more work.

I haven't done much of anything to my engine other than the generic 3" intake with AEM filter, and I got the catback now... But other than that.

Your ride looks good so far, I like what you've done!
            Last edited by Jking72; 08-12-2013, 01:42 AM. Reason: cell phone
            MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
            1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Ya I hear that, removal is always more work.

I haven't done much of anything to my engine other than the generic 3" intake with AEM filter, and I got the catback now... But other than that.

Your ride looks good so far, Ilike ewhat you've done!
              Thanks, I have a long way to go. I'm ordering my exhaust parts next because my flex pipe is broken and holes are all over my exhaust. After that I'm going to buy a h23 trans and replace my clutch with a bisi clutch and flywheel combo.

Been talking to Julio at Bisimoto and I might send my head to them and have them build it. Not sure yet

Comment

So I received my blacktrax IM extended bolts today. I tore apart the h23 intake manifold and cleaned it out really good.

Now when I got ready to bolt it all back together I noticed that the butterfly vacuum thing lol hit on the mounting tab so I took my grinder and cut it off. Blacktrax bolts went in smooth and I love the Allan head setup. All in all it was well worth the 20-30 mins worth of work to get it all installed and it actually made the opening of the butterflies louder. Nice to have that extra moan. I will post a video of it in a sec.

Shitty video but it was set for mms recording. Will post a better video tomorrow
                Last edited by Dy2*STR33T-KING; 08-14-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Ok so I took a few updated pics today. I didn't do step by step pics of h23 manifold or the double stacked iab plates with blacktrax bolts but I do have the pics of after installing the setup. Here are a few.

Yes that's a sock clamped to the end of my intake, filter won't fit and it's safer than a velocity stack 8)

Here's a close up of the double stacked manifold. If you look close you can see the blacktrax manifold bolts.
                  Also red hose will be removed ASAP, it's all I had laying around yesterday that would fit.

Here's the new white coupe next to the old totaled sedan. Been two months and still waiting on adjuster to come look at it. Will be fixing it as soon as he cuts me a check.

Comment

Nice sock! So what are your plans for the filter placement? Move the battery or cut a few inches off the end of the intake. That one looks like it is from a CD Accord (94-97)

How much did those bolts cost from Blacktrax? You can buy M8 x 100mm - 120mm socket head cap screws at Home depot, 6 for $4/5.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      Nice sock! So what are your plans for the filter placement? Move the battery or cut a few inches off the end of the intake. That one looks like it is from a CD Accord (94-97)

How much did those bolts cost from Blacktrax? You can buy M8 x 100mm - 120mm socket head cap screws at Home depot, 6 for $4/5.
                      Thanks! Blacktrax were $23 shipped and only took 2 days. They are Allan head and I really like that. Intake is from a 92-96 prelude h23. Only way I could get a 3" and not to sure on what to do with the battery. If I could turn it or slide it over I would buy a mushroom filter.

Comment

Socket head cap screws is the hardware store/machine shop name for Allen head bolts/screws. I use them all the time, they work great!

As for your battery. Have you though about running a smaller sized battery, like an Odyssey?
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Socket head cap screws is the hardware store/machine shop name for Allen head bolts/screws. I use them all the time, they work great!

As for your battery. Have you though about running a smaller sized battery, like an Odyssey?
                          No never thought to run a smaller battery. How will that work in our stock battery tray? Would I need to modify or would it bolt down securely with no play? If it's a stock replacement with no Modding that would be great.

Might go get a loan to buy parts and build this motor. Been wanting to but IM torn between all motor built accord or a bike.

Comment

You would probably have to fabricate a tray for it.

I hear ya, but it's not the parts I'm waiting for it's the money for the machine shop. I have my Accord and a bike both in the same state! My garage is packed with parts an nothing ready to put them in.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

You would probably have to fabricate a tray for it.

I hear ya, but it's not the parts I'm waiting for it's the money for the machine shop. I have my Accord and a bike both in the same state! My garage is packed with parts an nothing ready to put them in.
                              Yea I just checked out your build. Amazing so far. I make plenty of cash to build I just wanna order it all at once. Been talking to Julio at bisimoto, he told me to send my head there and they would do a port and Polish job along with building the head and adding a stage 2 cam for me to install. Told him I was mounting to a stock bottom end and he said that would be no problem. $2300 for shipping back and forth and the complete build. Not to bad. Then I need Bisi header and my kteller exhaust to finish it up. That is until I get a second block and start building it.

Comment

$2300 is a lot of money for a stage 2 cam and a port job. No need for a port and polish on a stock bottom end stage 2 cam build. They are just trying to get you to spend money... They are great at selling you what you need and telling you that it will work. $2300 on a port, polish and valve job worth it on a stock bottom end???? They certainly aren't going to tell you any different.

Julio's got you hooked I see!
                                Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-14-2013, 11:39 PM.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X