Quashish : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
    Easy install with two jacks and two people....
    Yup. A lot of people make a big deal about what it actually takes to get one of these strut bars on our accords...when really it's no big deal if you use your head.

I did it by myself. Although i had access to a lift at work. I probably used the same technique you used...by dropping one side of the suspension at the upper control arm, moving the bar over the mounts and bringing the suspension back up...all while holding the pre-loaded bar in place. definitely do-able with one person. So im sure it was easy as pie with three.

Looks fucking rad BTW. Love the gold speckles...although i'd like to see it with some kind of striping. I think it would flow better...but that's just me.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
    Its hard to get a good picture of the reverse lights from far away with my phone. But this is as dark as I could find, and I'm standing about 15 feet away

Really doesn't do it justice

Holy damn. That's bright! Like mini headlights...in the rear.

What's it look like from the inside looking back? Any way to angle them more towards the road? If you could i think you'd get a farther beam pattern on the road, improving sight distance.

Anyways, still going strong here. I like. Keep it up.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Yah no big deal at all. Did the same as you described, got some tips from c91bse7.

And I thought about doing 3 stripes off to the driver side. Like taking them off then positive the rest black so they would be silver, but I changed my mind.

No way to aim the reverse lights they just point straight out. Seem to illuminate the ground very well though

Always appreciate comments. I need to take pictures of what I did yesterday

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Noticed my intake tube has been rubbing against brake lines resulting in pits. But its like 2 or 3 years old.

So I wrapped it. Might not actually do anything to intake temperatures since its going to suck in whatever air there is. However it does function as a chaffing block and look kinda cool.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

92/93 muds courtesy of djm_coupe

Wrapped my friends IS300 intake pipe. New stupid trend.

Random pictures

Goes good with bacardi

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Remember the coke ice cube thing I told you about?

And also, where'd ya cop the reverse bulbs from broskii? I love them!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Yah still need to try that bright idea there.

Reverse lights are just 1156 led cree. Bright as ass!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Does your power steering line rub against the strut tower bar with it run that way? That may be the cause of your humming noise. Love that black and gold though.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Only rubs slightly. Just the cushioning around the line. No way around it. I think it sound cool. Might lessen after the NRG torque damper goes on. Nothing new finally got a good soapy rinse today after work in the parking lot. Didn't even dry it just drove home and air dried. But haven't truly washed him since november, feels like 3 or 4 months. Still rockin dirty wheels lol.
                  Last edited by Quashish; 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Dirty wheels ftmfw

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I believe the line is supposed to go in between the two mounting points on that side, instead of under both (that's how I had mine installed). I think the neuspeed version even comes with zip ties to strap it over to the cruise control cable (or somewhere around there) to hold it off of the bar.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

NRG Tourque damper. seems to stabilize a lot. used to be able to grab the exhaust manifold and shake the engine around like it was floating, now its solid. ill get a video tomorrow with it off and on. didnt want to rev my engine at home with my drug dealer neighbors.

camo to cover up the damages. was going to get the natural foliage camo, but i didnt want people to be like... mexican red neck Honda??

got this one waiting for summer, dont know if i should leave it flat back or clear it.

and went "Type G" on my knife
                        Last edited by Quashish; 01-29-2013, 10:13 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Going to start compiling ingredients slowly

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I hate you. Jealousy compels me right now.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

it'll be a while man. dont know if i want to bother with doing a 5 speed swap with 3po, and bulid an F to put in him. i would probly need another daily anyways, so i might find a 92/93 coupe 5 speed and build that engine.

... or just get an engine and 5 speed trans and evrything for the swap, work on the engine and swap the thing in when its ready. idk man.

basically

WS2
                              bisi stage 2 cam w/ upgraded gear
                              h23 intake manifold swap
                              valves
                              bored TB
                              port the head
                              chippable ECU and tune that mofo

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment