• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niceee!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Niceee!
      Thanks raff

So I had a little bit of time today, got the doors swapped out. Put the steering wheel in to see how it would look with the shifter. And a fender mod.

A little bit of interior mounting

So here is something I've been wanting to do i must say I like it, it's not where I want it but I'll get it right. Not sure If I should weld or use to eat. I'll pull the fender more out as I plan on running 30 offset wheels

NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Those are some nice door panels I'm seeing, I'll take those from ya anytime
        As for the fender slice. Would look good, reminds me of a Arial Atom or other aftermarket parts, but you would have to fiberglass/bond the slice so it looks smooth, etc. (The transition)

Comment

I like what you did with the fender! Looks really good.

Comment

I to like the fender idea.

I would do some spot welds on the back side to hold it in place, the on front side do some small stitch welding on low heat as 90s up you can really tell the metal has gone to crap really thin so it like to burn. Then use a angle grinder with some 36grit flap it will make shaping in the small area easier.

Then use some fiberglass matting (you can also use the 36grit flaps for shaping on this step) as it will hold up better than the thin hair or zglass. Then proceed to putting some mud on it and shape as needed with 80 or 180 depending on how well you spread mud. You can prime over 80 aswell just need to prime heavy. Once primed use some cheap krylon black as a guide coat it will help with sand scratches an highs an lows I like to sa my primer with 320 first then 600. Hope this helps.
            Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 03-18-2016, 12:48 PM.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

That's a clever body mod! The interior is getting there! I like the accordion shift boot too!

What happened to the rear passenger wheel and tire??
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                So here is something I've been wanting to do i must say I like it, it's not where I want it but I'll get it right. Not sure If I should weld or use to eat. I'll pull the fender more out as I plan on running 30 offset wheels

Looks great! I have been seeing this kinda fender become more and more popular and was thinking about doing the same thing, cant wait to see how the final product comes out.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Thanks everyone, I need to get a few things squared away before I finished this project, also planning an odd not so common build that won't include Tec, yes I know Tec is everything these days but Oh well. Just keep an eye out

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                  I to like the fender idea.

I would do some spot welds on the back side to hold it in place, the on front side do some small stitch welding on low heat as 90s up you can really tell the metal has gone to crap really thin so it like to burn. Then use a angle grinder with some 36grit flap it will make shaping in the small area easier.

Then use some fiberglass matting (you can also use the 36grit flaps for shaping on this step) as it will hold up better than the thin hair or zglass. Then proceed to putting some mud on it and shape as needed with 80 or 180 depending on how well you spread mud. You can prime over 80 aswell just need to prime heavy. Once primed use some cheap krylon black as a guide coat it will help with sand scratches an highs an lows I like to sa my primer with 320 first then 600. Hope this helps.
                  I was just going weld or use rivets, I don't have patience for body work like that. It if I find someone that can do it sweet but the only person I'd trust for body work lives far and doesn't have time for his build.
                  NEW CB

new

Comment

How does your shifter linkage fit under the plastic? Mine bumps into the little tray in front of the shifter.
                    Bought from: Night Wolf, bassrock234, sonikaccord, 904drACCORDMANG

92 Accord, F23a franken-engine, N/A forever.

Comment

Originally posted by dwhacks View Post
                      How does your shifter linkage fit under the plastic? Mine bumps into the little tray in front of the shifter.
                      Mine doesn't bump, the boot I have moved the console more than anything
                      NEW CB

new

Comment

Try the stance look, I actually dig it. I'll get to where I won't eat tires, just need a nice lip kit and air ride suspension. But I'm so digging this look

NEW CB

new

Comment

Almost on that Back to the Future angle! Haha

Comment

Haha sorta, that post was a joke though, I just don't have upper arms in the rear, not sure if I want wicked rears since they bent on me or installs, I it would be awesome to find racing type arms that can take abuse. I do need trailing arm bushings I heard hard race fits but I can't remember who was mentioned.

I wish ronald type r was on the site still, I know he did something's but his pics don't work.

As for updates I'm waiting for stuff to arrive,I will say I got rods and valves in the mail.
                            NEW CB

new

Comment

Got some goods in mail waiting for some others to arrive.

Will post more later
                              NEW CB

new

Comment

I figured something was taken out of the back end... I spied those arms on the ground behind the car! There's a 9th gen Civic sedan on my street that has stupid camber to fit some low offset mesh wheels. Rear angle is almost the same as your joke photo. It looks terrible. Even worse is that the owner looks like they pulled the fenders with a crowbar... Shameful.

That's a good shipment there!

Comment

Working...
                                X